How New NIL Rules Will Change G5 Recruiting

The bigger concern for the G5, and the new NIL rules, won’t be a widening gap between them and the P5. It will be a widening gap between the top of the G5 and the bottom.

Brands in the G5 that have more gravitational pull, geographic strongholds, and prior success are about to start competing closer to the level of a bottom to middle tier P5 program in recruiting. Smaller G5 brands simply won’t be able to keep up.

read more: 
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/4/30/21242048/how-new-nil-rules-will-change-g5-recruiting-group-of-five-power-five-aac-cusa-sun-belt-mwc-mac

• Upvote 2

I just think if you are good, you go to where you can gain a following, and fanbase. A stones throw from one of the NFL’s mammoths doesn’t hurt, our unknown/weak history may detract, but it’s not a killer.  It takes a trailblazer to make a brand and that “dormant” brand can help make the trailblazer too. I don’t think we are in a terrible spot at all.

Could we compete with Baylor, Texas tech and Oklahoma state for that stud that wants to make a name for himself in a mega market? Call me crazy but I think it can happen, and just wait until we rack up more b-ball conference championships, finally rise to top of CUSA football and beat a couple of more big boys. 

We are not the UNT of 2008-2009. Sky’s the reach. Next goal of 2020, football in the fall. 

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

The fact that we are in an area that is seeing an urban boom helps North Texas. More people means more entertainment dollars that they’re going to want to spend. I can’t understate how critical these next years are for North Texas athletics, not just football. The university continues to rise in the ranks, the athletic department needs to rise with it.  

• Upvote 1