UNT at Wichita St rumored

Looks pretty safe to assume we’re going to have a similarly tough schedule this year. Only question is can we get a solid non-conference opponent into The Super Pit?

Also, Wichita State has had a lot of turnover this offseason. A lot of players have transferred out. Going to be interesting to see how good they are going to be and how quickly they will be able to get there.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Looks pretty safe to assume we’re going to have a similarly tough schedule this year. Only question is can we get a solid non-conference opponent into The Super Pit?

Also, Wichita State has had a lot of turnover this offseason. A lot of players have transferred out. Going to be interesting to see how good they are going to be and how quickly they will be able to get there.

I would like an Arkansas or a P5 again

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Someone with the knowledge on this subject please educate me.  Does basketball scheduling typically happen like football with the signing of a series or is it more of a "fill in your schedule as needed" arrangement?  I know that the AD is pretty much responsible for the football schedule, I would assume with a lot of insight from the head coach, but don't the basketball head coaches handle their own scheduling to some degree?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Someone with the knowledge on this subject please educate me.  Does basketball scheduling typically happen like football with the signing of a series or is it more of a "fill in your schedule as needed" arrangement?  I know that the AD is pretty much responsible for the football schedule, I would assume with a lot of insight from the head coach, but don't the basketball head coaches handle their own scheduling to some degree?

I would like to know that too. From what I’ve seen in the past, it’s more of a fill in schedule with some home and home or 2-1 like OU

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2020 at 9:51 AM, UNTLifer said:

Yes - coaches have a lot more say in basketball and the lead time is usually under 2 years. That's why we pivoted so quickly with Grant to a tougher OOC. Sometimes an assistant will have the scheduling duty.

Here's some recent links with references:

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-cougars/2019/05/20/byus-new-basketball-coach/

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2020/04/29/ul-basketball-coronavirus-impacts-cajuns-basketball-scheduling-plans/3047701001/

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1