WHICH WILL HAPPEN FIRST?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH WILL HAPPEN FIRST?

• CUSA AND THE SUNBELT WILL DO A MERGER
    • UNT WILL JOIN THE MWC
    • UNT WILL JOIN THE AAC
    • OTHER

4 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

Other...none of those choices going to happen anytime soon.

Just a hunch, but after the announcement this week for player to have the ability to make money/be paid, I think there will be big changes starting at the top of P5 and working their way down. I know it sounds like gloom and doom, but if the top schools pull away (and they will want every $$ they can get) what little money the G5 current gets (in comparison to the P5) will become even less. If the G5 conferences and members are not willing to put past differences aside, they will be in trouble.

I believe that the top 30-40 programs in terms of revenue and financial resources will break away from the current P5 and form, for lack of a better name, a Super Conference. Then the fallout and changes will start.

What is lefter of the current P5, and maybe not even all of them, will joining up with the some from the G5 and form a second level conference. What is left of the G5 will most likely be combined with parts of the current FCS to form a revised FCS. The lower FCS teams will work their way down.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

17 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just a hunch, but after the announcement this week for player to have the ability to make money/be paid, I think there will be big changes starting at the top of P5 and working their way down. I know it sounds like gloom and doom, but if the top schools pull away (and they will want every $$ they can get) what little money the G5 current gets (in comparison to the P5) will become even less. If the G5 conferences and members are not willing to put past differences aside, they will be in trouble.

I believe that the top 30-40 programs in terms of revenue and financial resources will break away from the current P5 and form, for lack of a better name, a Super Conference. Then the fallout and changes will start.

What is lefter of the current P5, and maybe not even all of them, will joining up with the some from the G5 and form a second level conference. What is left of the G5 will most likely be combined with parts of the current FCS to form a revised FCS. The lower FCS teams will work their way down.

For the record, I wouldn't mind seeing this but I do worry about how the division members will be chosen.  I'd prefer that after selection of the highest group that they be put together geographically.  Ditto for the middle group.  

Under the present setup I'd prefer to be in the AAC but in revision I'd rather not be in a conference that includes Temple, Navy, East Carolina and Cincinnati. Even the two Florida universities are too distant.  I'd much rather see all conference opponents within a day's drive, if possible.  I realize that there are some areas where that is not possible but let's try to cut as many expenses as we can.

I believe that it's time for a major do-over, at least in the major conferences.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Amen to that part. smu needs to listen

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Other, none of these options are likely to happen.

Neither will the top p5's form a new association and bolt the NCAA.

There is just no reason for them to do so, they wouldn't make significantly any more money, they already get most of that.

They are also smart enough to know, the smaller the association gets; the harder it will be to win.  

• Thanks 3