‘22 QB Garret Rangel - Frisco Lone Star

97and03

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

@BillySee58, isn't this the QB you had mentioned before?  I was trying to find your comments, but couldn't find them.  If memory serves me, you were pretty high on this young man.

It was when we were talking about Chandler Galban. Galban had about 6 FBS offers then transferred in from the Houston area and Rangel beat him out as a sophomore.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Rangel has yet to narrow anything down from a recruiting standpoint and said he is keeping in touch with all the schools that have offered him on a weekly basis. But he was gracious enough to touch on something he likes about several programs.

North Texas:

“With North Texas, me and [QB] Coach [Tate] Wallis have built a really good relationship. I really like their offense. They run a heavy dosage of run, get that extra defender in the box and that’s when they bomb them. They don’t have an air-raid type offense, but people can misinterpret it as air-raid because they like to throw the ball a lot. That’s what I really like about North Texas.”

read more:  https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/05/12/know-the-name-garret-rangel-s-stock-has-skyrocketed-and-for-good-reason?ref=related_thumb

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, southsideguy said:

We need a good ol to make a any qb look good.   Fine was a great qb but he ran for his life last year and took to many hits.  I want quality OL people but I guess every team in the nation does also because they seem hard to find.  Same can be said for the DL.

I really hope we see a change in OL play under coach Bloesch.   Langston was not getting anything out of the guys.  There was a downturn in play on the OL after Coach Davis left.  We have some talent there, just need the right teacher.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I really hope we see a change in OL play under coach Bloesch.   Langston was not getting anything out of the guys.  There was a downturn in play on the OL after Coach Davis left.  We have some talent there, just need the right teacher.

In watching Beyond the Green each week, I noticed they tended to show Langston working with the team on the sidelines quite a bit.  It always bothered me, but it appeared they never really tuned in to what he was saying.  Not sure if that is true or not, be it certainly looked that way.  I felt he was the weak link in the staff for a couple of years and I have high hopes for Bloesch.

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, LBKtoDent said:

image.png.77b4026e965314804264a1d9f4d37ca1.png

Throwing that big net out there first trying to get the big dogs. 

Agreed and nothing wrong with that so long as you focus on the ones you really have a decent shot at down the line.  IE need to stay closer to home for family or want early playing time etc.  You have to be able to spot a Kade Renfro type early on.

1 minute ago, meangreen11 said:

Agreed and nothing wrong with that so long as you focus on the ones you really have a decent shot at down the line.  IE need to stay closer to home for family or want early playing time etc.  You have to be able to spot a Kade Renfro type early on.

Exactly. Over the next 6 months need to find the kids you have a real shot at. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LBKtoDent said:

image.png.77b4026e965314804264a1d9f4d37ca1.png

Throwing that big net out there first trying to get the big dogs. 

Guys like this (not Ewers, as his offer is from us was when he was a H.S. Freshman) would likely consider us more if we'd stop shooting ourselves in the foot.  We have to prove we're winners CONSISTENTLY.  Something we've not been able to do since Darrell Dickey was here.  Unfortunately, we couldn't capitalize on that consistency while Dickey was here because he had to contend with the AD's lack of buy-in.

Now that buy-in issue is resolved.   NT admin is fully bought-in.   Now, we can't do the two step forward (9-5, 9-4) then 2 steps back (4-8, 4-6) thing.   That's not going to get us anywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 1