Article on Mason's Current Status

Green Crazy

I can't say this for sure, but I would think some of those teams that took quarterbacks in the late rounds, took them because they could run. Most of those quarterbacks taken certainly couldn't pass like Mason fine. I don't think you're going to find Mason fine on special teams. I think a few of those late round quarterback picks, might make their respective teams based on special teams play and not becoming an NFL quarterback. If they do become NFL quarterbacks, that certainly won't be the coaching staff's first thought regarding their utilization.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

15 hours ago, LongJim said:

Yes, so memorable.  I'm sure that run will live in perpetuity at the CHS field house.

I also remember that he bailed on your program.  He probably felt like it failed him.  Good that he got out while he could, right?

Tune had the 60 yard run not King.

Like his big brother said, Go Coogs!

Looking forward to dropping 40+ on you guys again for a 4th consecutive time.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 8

Didn’t you win 3 games last year or something like that?  I know you beat us but that’s a lot of gum bumping for a really poor team. 

Looking forward to heading to H Town. 

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

The virus must be easy for you since you've never left the comforts of Mom's basement, the university you have claimed as your own has banned you from their board and social distancing just came naturally to all those that you come in contact with.  You are probably the safest person in Harris County.

LMAO 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

On 4/28/2020 at 8:49 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

It was salt in the wounds when New Orleans took a QB in the 7th round and it wasn’t Mason Fine.  

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/30/saints-made-a-spite-trade-to-draft-a-fourth-quarterback/

I had read this article the other day. It hints at the Saints took that QB in the 7th round just to spite the Carolina Panthers, a division rival. If this is true and they didn't take Mason Fine or even sign him as an UDFA just so they could play some silly game of one upsmanship on a division rival, I am not sure what to think about that organization. The article even hints at they may cut that QB in the end. This would be completely insane if it turns out to be true.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Venson said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/30/saints-made-a-spite-trade-to-draft-a-fourth-quarterback/

I had read this article the other day. It hints at the Saints took that QB in the 7th round just to spite the Carolina Panthers, a division rival. If this is true and they didn't take Mason Fine or even sign him as an UDFA just so they could play some silly game of one upsmanship on a division rival, I am not sure what to think about that organization. The article even hints at they may cut that QB in the end. This would be completely insane if it turns out to be true.

That article paints a different picture.   It's not that they drafted the qb just so Carolina didn't get him, but they also liked the qb and wanted him in their camp.  Honestly, now that Winston is there, it's not a good spot for Mason. Hopefully after this virus blows by, the 49ers or some other team calls him.  I'm not holding my breath though. 

• Upvote 2

It just eats me alive to say this, but UH pounding us again is damn near fact. They have athletes that are just so much bigger and faster than we do, especially on the lines. They damn near killed Mason last year at Apogee. HE got driven into the turf on so many snaps, as their front seven basically played fullback against us. 

Mason is tough as nails--I don't know what his future will look like as a player, but I know he will be one helluva coach one day.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that states are opening up pro sports maybe Mason will be able to workout for the teams that were interested in him...assuming they're still interested. 

This tweet from his agent says the ball has started rolling for someone. 

Edited by Green Crazy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

Ha! Well, screw me.  She had it pinned.  Update....The ball is still buried in the rough.

It happens, man! Done that myself, just wanted to make sure it was the tweet you meant. 

• Thanks 1