NFL DRAFT

El Paso Eagle

1 minute ago, Green Crazy said:

Novil 

I really liked Wilson’s chance a couple of years ago and was a little shocked that he didn’t get taken in the draft ( him getting injured probably costed him). But Novil and Darden, I like as much or even more than Wilson to be drafted next year (but who the hell knows). Hopefully they both go off and stay healthy.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

I really liked Wilson’s chance a couple of years ago and was a little shocked that he didn’t get taken in the draft ( him getting injured probably costed him). But Novil and Darden, I like as much or even more than Wilson to be drafted next year (but who the hell knows). Hopefully they both go off and stay healthy.

If he wouldn’t of been injured during the combine, he would’ve been high 6 or low 7

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Darden I don't see although he is fast, he is just too small. Plus, he  will probably not catch a lot because we will be breaking in a new QB and I do not think the O-line will be much improved if at all. That may be why Rico chose to move on. No QB, No O-line, means not much good for receivers. Our best chance is Novil. After Novil, I think our next best chance is Tre Siggers if he can come back healthy and stays healthy.

Edited by Venson
More information provided.
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Just out of curiosity, what does the admin do to make that happen?  You think they're not trying to do that already? 

Can someone answer this question? I see a lot of people angry at the department for not having producing a pick but I’m missing what they could have done with Mason specifically to ensure that he gets drafted 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, ABrownGMG said:

Can someone answer this question? I see a lot of people angry at the department for not having producing a pick but I’m missing what they could have done with Mason specifically to ensure that he gets drafted 

There’s nothing else the department could really do. They ran a freaking Heisman campaign for the guy, it just sucks that we were hot garbage last year. Also the global pandemic didn’t help at all. I still have trust that the Administration can get us back on the right track. In Wren we trust.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, ABrownGMG said:

17 years of no draft picks, not Mason specifically. It is the responsibility of the department to avoid embarrassments like this and manage the program properly. Why else would such a department exist? Lording over the program and having to bear no responsibility for its failures sounds pretty cushy to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

My bad, judging by other people's shock not too hard to believe many felt that way.

You’re good man. Just trying to have some humor about it. Very disappointed but I just don’t want to stew about something I can’t control. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

There’s nothing else the department could really do. They ran a freaking Heisman campaign for the guy, it just sucks that we were hot garbage last year. Also the global pandemic didn’t help at all. I still have trust that the Administration can get us back on the right track. In Wren we trust.

Thank you. This was the only logical response thus far

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTexas said:

James Madison just competed for an FCS National Championship. They would beat us. Its not bias. Ben DiNucci is a good QB, fits the profile, and is a proven winner. He was fun to watch. Some very great players have come from FCS. I like Fine too but he is more of a gamble. I knew Fine wasn't getting drafted when Fromm slid. 

I don't see bias. I see GMs that have to take the best choice in front of them so they don't get fired. Unless you're Jerry.

Well said. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Just out of curiosity, what does the admin do to make that happen?  You think they're not trying to do that already? 

Wren has been the AD at North Texas since 2016. It isn't like he doesn't know about our drought. The administration should be having a ongoing conversation with Littrell and his staff. They should be formulating a plan to get us a player drafted. We shouldn't be sitting around talking about this issue. No other program in this country is facing this problem. It isn't rocket science. Hit the Juco's and target a top notch talent that isn't a high priority at an OU or Texas level P5 (maybe a kicker), and get him into our program. I don't care if Littrell has to go to the kid's junior college and hand him the offer with the band and cheer leaders throwing confetti. We need a player selected next season. If they have a better plan that's fine, but we need a player drafted the next draft.

The 2021 recruits were not even alive the last time North Texas had a player drafted. Let that sink in. I know our leadership has to be embarrassed by our 17 year drought.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

Well, I would say that since Baker arrived we finally have an AD (he’s also VP of the school) that was ambitious and wasn’t comfortable with the status quo. We have barely started to move in the right direction. Hayden Fry tried and then it sputtered out for almost 30 years? Then DD came and that was a blimp in the grand scheme of things of college football. Three winning seasons in the last 17 years? We have a long way to go. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I mean, I hear what you’re saying but the conference only had 10 guys get drafted so I would think that’s not really a huge selling point for anyone in the conference.

Most FBS recruits think they can get to the NFL. And, most people don't let facts get in their way when they want to believe something. It's how Vegas makes billion every year.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Wren has been the AD at North Texas since 2016. It isn't like he doesn't know about our drought. The administration should be having a ongoing conversation with Littrell and his staff. They should be formulating a plan to get us a player drafted. We shouldn't be sitting around talking about this issue. No other program in this country is facing this problem. It isn't rocket science. Hit the Juco's and target a top notch talent that isn't a high priority at an OU or Texas level P5 (maybe a kicker), and get him into our program. I don't care if Littrell has to go to the kid's junior college and hand him the offer with the band and cheer leaders throwing confetti. We need a player selected next season. If they have a better plan that's fine, but we need a player drafted the next draft.

The 2021 recruits were not even alive the last time North Texas had a player drafted. Let that sink in. I know our leadership has to be embarrassed by our 17 year drought.

Wtf is wren going to tell seth about football in this conversation? 😆 And your plan is to basically recruit better players?  That's like watching football with a female and we score a touchdown on a 60 yard pass play and she says "why don't we run that play all the time?".  It's not like we're not trying to do this already. Only thing in our complete control is coaching the players up.  Thisbis a valid argument.   Not sure I blame seth yet, but in another year or two for sure. We cant make the better recruits come here (unless we go old SWC in them with money), we cant make them get taller either and we cant make scouts or GMs like our players.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Teams with UDFA QB signing so far and the school they came from. Giants- northern Arizona, Browns- princeton, Redskins- Colorado, Patriots- La Tech (J'mar Smith!?!), Rams- san Jose st and virginia, Broncos- Vanderbilt, Ravens- Utah, Seahawks- Washington st, Buccaneers- san diego.

Hopefully, mason is negotiating with the team of his choosing. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreen2019 said:

Me too. I’m gonna go drink, hopefully we’ll all hear something pretty soon.

Edited by Green Crazy