NFL DRAFT

El Paso Eagle

Really sad to go another year. I hate to say it but it really goes to the lack of talent we have had year after year. The players that we have give it their all, but those who recognize talent seem to be consistent in their opinions.  The 9 win seasons look that much better from this standpoint. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Gibbz said:

It is an absolute embarrassment that this program is incapable of getting ONE player drafted. Especially considering we're in the most loaded area for high school talent in the nation.

This is the most embarrassing aspect of our program. This drought is absolutely "Old Denton", and ending it must be a priority for our athletic department. Don't think LA Tech and other C-USA programs won't point to our draft drought and try to pry recruits from us.

It is pointless to ask why we had another year without a player drafted. That ship has sailed. I want to know what our administration is going to do to make sure we have at least one player drafted next year? If we don't have that player on this roster right now, than we have to find him before next season starts. I'm tired of us having this annual conversation. I hope our athletic department is too.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I wish there was a stronger button than a downvote for you.

Lol. Come on though, the truth hurts. Its just reality. I love our school but we have ongoing problems in football. I think the direction of the program is improving still.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

This is the most embarrassing aspect of our program. This drought is absolutely "Old Denton", and ending it must be a priority for our athletic department. Don't think LA Tech and other C-USA programs won't point to our draft drought and try to pry recruits from us.

It is pointless to ask why we had another year without a player drafted. That ship has sailed. I want to know what our administration is doing to make sure we have at least one player drafted next year? If we don't have that player on this roster right now, than we have to find him before next season starts. I'm tired of us having this annual conversation. I hope our athletic department is too.

Just out of curiosity, what does the admin do to make that happen?  You think they're not trying to do that already? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Crazy said:

Just out of curiosity, what does the admin do to make that happen?  You think they're not trying to do that already? 

There is no excuse at any level of the program to go 17 years without a draft pick. That is straight up ineptitude at every level.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gibbz said:

There is no excuse at any level of the program to go 17 years without a draft pick. That is straight up ineptitude at every level.

I agree that its embarrassing. It frustrates me to see guys with talent not get drafted.  All this I get.  Now, what is it that they do to fix it.  And do you think they are trying to do this already? Administration has nothing to do with it. If you want to blame the coaching staff for not signing better talent or not raising the level of the talent they sign, that makes sense.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

It is pointless to ask why we had another year without a player drafted. That ship has sailed. I want to know what our administration is going to do to make sure we have at least one player drafted next year? If we don't have that player on this roster right now, than we have to find him before next season starts. I'm tired of us having this annual conversation. I hope our athletic department is too.

6 minutes ago, Gibbz said:

Administration has nothing to do with the program and coaching staff? What in God's name are you on about?

It was in response to this

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Well get ready for it next year, unless Darden blows up 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Don't think LA Tech and other C-USA programs won't point to our draft drought and try to pry recruits from us.

I mean, I hear what you’re saying but the conference only had 10 guys get drafted so I would think that’s not really a huge selling point for anyone in the conference.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Just now, DentonLurker said:

I mean, I hear what you’re saying but the conference only had 10 guys get drafted so I would think that’s not really a huge selling point for anyone in the conference.

LT has had 20 DBs drafted in the last 20 years and has like 17 players drafted in the past 8 years... it shows 

• Upvote 1