NFL DRAFT

El Paso Eagle

Just now, Salsa_Verde said:

How could this be?! He worked out with Drew Brees?! Are you telling me that meant nothing?! 

Yes, that meant nothing.  Brees has literally zero impact on who the team drafts.  To pick a guy who couldn't win the job at Penn St so he transfers to Miss St only to lose the job there because he was playing so bad is really dumb for any team honestly.  And to trade back into the draft for that?  Shocking to say the least.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, UNT18Grad said:

Yes, that meant nothing.  Brees has literally zero impact on who the team drafts.  To pick a guy who couldn't win the job at Penn St so he transfers to Miss St only to lose the job there because he was playing so bad is really dumb for any team honestly.  And to trade back into the draft for that?  Shocking to say the least.

Sarcasm my man. 

27 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Cowboys take the James Madison QB instead of Fine. FFS.

Yeah, there no bias against NT. SMH

James Madison just competed for an FCS National Championship. They would beat us. Its not bias. Ben DiNucci is a good QB, fits the profile, and is a proven winner. He was fun to watch. Some very great players have come from FCS. I like Fine too but he is more of a gamble. I knew Fine wasn't getting drafted when Fromm slid. 

I don't see bias. I see GMs that have to take the best choice in front of them so they don't get fired. Unless you're Jerry.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, UNTexas said:

James Madison just competed for an FCS National Championship. They would beat us. Its not bias. Ben DiNucci is a good QB, fits the profile, and is a proven winner. He was fun to watch. Some very great players have come from FCS. I like Fine too but he is more of a gamble. I knew Fine wasn't getting drafted when Fromm slid. 

I don't see bias. I see GMs that have to tske the best choice in front of them so they don't get fired. Unless you're Jerry.

I wish there was a stronger button than a downvote for you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Downvote 5

Hamilton's measurables weren't in the range of what teams are looking for at the position.

I've already gone into depth about what Graham Harrell accomplished at college and how he went undrafted. For Mason, no signature wins (not HIS fault), and solid but unspectacular statistical lines, on TOP of his size, will likely keep him from being drafted. He also got killed by not getting a Combine invite and not getting to have a Pro Day.

I just think people here get their hopes WAY up about our draft prospects. Jake Fromm won a crap-ton of games at Georgia and he went in the 5th round. Tyree Jackson last year went to the Combine and was team MVP at the Senior Bowl and went undrafted. Brett Rypien went 10-3 his senior year, completed 67% of his passes, set a ton of records, and went undrafted.

Without green glasses, I really don't see how anyone thought we were breaking the drought this year.

DiNucci is a dual-threat QB and completed more than 70% of his passes last year while en route to the FCS Championship Game. He ran for 569 yards and 7 TDs as well. He was a much better fit for the Cowboys offense (matching more the profile of Prescott) than Mason.

I certainly think Mason has a shot at the NFL. His best fit, though, is something more like the Patriots, Saints (and not just because he worked out with Brees), 49ers, Broncos, Cardinals etc. than the Cowboys.

• Upvote 4