NFL DRAFT

El Paso Eagle

I saw a tweet that said Mason defined the Saints, Eagles, Cowboys and 49ers as highly interested and the Seahawks and Jets also interested. Jets and Eagles have drafted quarterbacks already. 

Maybe, just maybe Jerry Jones and co. draft Mason in the 7th, both Stephen and Jerry were in Fayetteville the day we slaughtered Arkansas after all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I don't know. Were those 9 win seasons not that impressive. I mean I love MF but to be honest with our selves we won the West once and our signature win over Arkansas was against a poorly led team. Maybe Jerry win help end our drought..just wish we could break the cycle.

Edited by RBP79
Sp
  • Upvote 3

I do not see how Fine or Hamilton get picked... Fromm, Stanley, Huntley, Montez, lewerke, luton, mcdonald still available, all with much more clout than Fine. Hamilton is rated the 8th best remaining DE at this point in the draft. 

I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG, but Dion Novil is our best shot at getting someone drafted next year... at least he passes the eye test. If he has a good year, it could happen. The drought continues. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I saw a tweet that said Mason defined the Saints, Eagles, Cowboys and 49ers as highly interested and the Seahawks and Jets also interested. Jets and Eagles have drafted quarterbacks already. 

Maybe, just maybe Jerry Jones and co. draft Mason in the 7th, both Stephen and Jerry were in Fayetteville the day we slaughtered Arkansas after all. 

Saints dont have anymore picks as of right now. 

Edited by MeanGreen13

6 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

I do not see how Fine or Hamilton get picked... Fromm, Stanley, Huntley, Montez, lewerke, luton, mcdonald still available, all with much more clout than Fine. Hamilton is rated the 8th best remaining DE at this point in the draft. 

I WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG, but Dion Novil is our best shot at getting someone drafted next year... at least he passes the eye test. If he has a good year, it could happen. The drought continues. 

Honestly, I think it all comes down to the size of most of our best talented players who have really had the chance to get drafted. Fine, trice, orr, dunbar and others were all considered small.  Our more "traditional" sized players haven't been our most talented.  Rico was who I thought would do it this year and then he got hurt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Honestly, I think it all comes down to the size of most of our best talented players who have really had the chance to get drafted. Fine, trice, orr, dunbar and others were all considered small.  Our more "traditional" sized players haven't been our most talented.  Rico was who I thought would do it this year and then he got hurt.

I thought it would be Rico too... i really feel bad for him in his current situation. 

• Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

Hurts to say this but we are not a very strong program.  Any time a Charlotte 49 program, a newby to FBS by any metric, can get three players drafted, while UNT sits around and mumbles, "shut up and deal", we are what we are.

Anyone check how many La Tech had drafted?

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I hate the NFL.  The majority of the guys that got picked will suck and be out of the league in a year or two. Meanwhile two great, NFL caliber (in terms of talent) players with great character in Hambone and Mason must go through free agency.  What ****ing garbage.

I thought the draft was over.   I'll delete if either get drafted.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

37 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Hurts to say this but we are not a very strong program.  Any time a Charlotte 49 program, a newby to FBS by any metric, can get three players drafted, while UNT sits around and mumbles, "shut up and deal", we are what we are.

Anyone check how many La Tech had drafted?

Sneed and Robertson back to back in the 4th round 

Edited by Salsa_Verde

54 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well the damn drought continues for now 17 straight years... HOW THE F*** IS THAT POSSIBLE

Welp 3 winning seasons in 17 years doesn’t help....but then again even crappy teams have had people drafted. The longer this goes on the more embarrassing it gets. Draft isn’t over yet though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ken14 said:

Its unreal that MF is not better than the 195th player in college football.....????? something is bad wrong..

Not that Mason Fine is Tom Brady, but he was pick 199 so the entire league thought there was 198 players better than the greatest QB of all time. 

We all know some team is gonna get a stud with Fine. Same with Hamilton

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Not that Mason Fine is Tom Brady, but he was pick 199 so the entire league thought there was 198 players better than the greatest QB of all time. 

We all know some team is gonna get a stud with Fine. Same with Hamilton

Well put... and someone had a gem in Trevor Moore...what a kicker.....