"Progressive" Democrats Bothered By Biden's Race and Age. Most Don't Care.

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I fear, regardless of who gets elected, the next four years will be worse when it comes to being divided. The Democrats who hate trump will continue to hate him and if they control the House they will try again, and again to impeach him. On the other side. I believe there are a lot of Republicans who will be hell bent on treating Biden, his family, and his staff, the same way they feel Trump has been treated. If the Republicans take the house I would be surprised if they do not attempt to impeach Biden.

Sadly, for our country, the proverbial Genie has been let out of the bottle and the bottle may have been cracked beyond immediate repair.

I have thoughts on how it will play out in November but I try not to comment too much on specific purely political happenings. 
I agree that things are way too divided. Normally crisis brings us together but this time it either widened the divides or at least makes them more evident.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Biden's "your not black enough if you vote for Trump" comment was just plain stupid.  If he's elected, Biden will be no more than a puppet with Pelosi, Schumer, etc., running our country.

Waiting to see how they will spin this. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I agree that Kavanaugh didn’t get due process but in a different way than you seem to mean it. There were a few days of testimony and a rushed approval and now the man has a lifetime appointment. 
Law enforcement, the media, and most importantly voters have months to scrutinize Biden’s past and current actions. Then millions of people get a say, not just 50 +1 like in the Senate confirmation process. 

Your absolutely correct on all of the above, but that’s the way it usually always is. .

We never seem to get to vet a life time appointee near enough most of the time.  But then we’ll turn around and re-elect a Grainger, Kennedy, Cornyn, or a Biden for a life time despite countless hiccups over the course of their careers.  

I’d suggest Mark Levin’s book on the history of the Supreme Court “Men In Black” for a good insight to how interesting and imperfect the choices have been over the years.

But as far as Kavanaugh goes...I’m not sure how much more blood they could have squeezed from that turnip.  They were down to digging through the man’s high school year book and guesstimating over what kids wrote in it for crying out loud.  It was becoming beyond ridiculous imo.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 5/3/2020 at 5:17 PM, Coffee and TV said:

I love conservatives crying double standard when their party leader is on tape literally bragging about sexual assault only to be elected president 2 weeks later. 

Not that it makes a difference really, but at least he manned up and admitted it. Most people are willing to forgive and forget if you can admit a mistake, apologize, and move on. Which he did. Besides, his bragging was just that. No one, to my recollection, came forward and accused him of grabbing them by the p. Dems, on the other hand, will look you straight in the eye, point their finger at you and lie until the cows come home or until the truth comes out on a blue dress. Biden is a fake as anyone I've ever seen, as are most democrats. Just put them in front of any demographic and hear their dialect and vernacular change on cue. Pathetic.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Your absolutely correct on all of the above, but that’s the way it usually always is. .

We never seem to get to vet a life time appointee near enough most of the time.  But then we’ll turn around and re-elect a Grainger, Kennedy, Cornyn, or a Biden for a life time despite countless hiccups over the course of their careers.  

I’d suggest Mark Levin’s book on the history of the Supreme Court “Men In Black” for a good insight to how interesting and imperfect the choices have been over the years.

But as far as Kavanaugh goes...I’m not sure how much more blood they could have squeezed from that turnip.  They were down to digging through the man’s high school year book and guesstimating over what kids wrote in it for crying out loud.  It was becoming beyond ridiculous imo.

Rick

I think we are mostly on the same page here. I think a Supreme Court Justice is one of the most important positions that protect our rights and American democracy. Much more important than a congressman - and we can get rid of a bad one of those. I hate that the appointment process for judges has become such a partisan shit show. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 5/22/2020 at 11:52 PM, Hunter Green said:

Not that it makes a difference really, but at least he manned up and admitted it. Most people are willing to forgive and forget if you can admit a mistake, apologize, and move on. Which he did. Besides, his bragging was just that. No one, to my recollection, came forward and accused him of grabbing them by the p. 

This is just sad and pathetic dude, i don't know what else to say. There's been something like two-dozen women who have confirmed that he has done exactly that or something similar btw, but I guess as soon as they speak to whatever news outlet you don't approve of their stories suddenly become fake news. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

On 5/22/2020 at 12:06 PM, DeepGreen said:

Biden's "your not black enough if you vote for Trump" comment was just plain stupid.  If he's elected, Biden will be no more than a puppet with Pelosi, Schumer, etc., running our country.

People of color weren't bothered by this quote, white conservatives were. 

White conservatives weren't bothered in the least bit by George Floyd being strangled and murdered in the street, people of color were.

Hypocrisy 101.

Some comments from your Christian leader below. If there was no (R) next to his name these quotes below would repulse you.

"I have a great relationship with the blacks."

"Our great African-American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!"

“I did try and (bang) her... I moved on her like a bitch, but I couldn’t get there. And she was married.” 

"I will build a great wall--and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me--and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words."

"The beauty of me is that I'm very rich."

"You know, it really doesn't matter what the media write, as long as you've got a young and beautiful piece of ass."

"I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

"I'm not a schmuck. Even if the world is going to hell in a hand-basket, I won't lose a penny."

😄😄😄😄

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 7

2 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

1. People of color weren't bothered by this quote, white conservatives were. 

2. White conservatives weren't bothered in the least bit by George Floyd being strangled and murdered in the street, people of color were.

3. Hypocrisy 101.

4. Some comments from your Christian leader below. If there was no (R) next to his name these quotes below would repulse you.

1. You don't pay attention do you?   People of color were definitely offended by this Biden quote.  And you know it.

2. I guarantee you conservatives were bothered by this repulsive murder.  Honestly, do you really think conservatives approve of the killing of "anyone", black, white, yellow, brown, the way Mr. Floyd was killed?  Get some smarts, will you?

3. Many of his quotes are just plain stupid.  There, you heard it from me.  Happy now?

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

People of color weren't bothered by this quote, white conservatives were. 

White conservatives weren't bothered in the least bit by George Floyd being strangled and murdered in the street, people of color were.

Hypocrisy 101.

S

This is a LIE!!! Typical liberal telling others how they feel. If this is the way you see Conservatives you need help.

Also, many people of color were bothered, unless like Joe you don't consider them "black" if they don't agree with you.

Liberal lying 101

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

On 5/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

This is a LIE!!! Typical liberal telling others how they feel. If this is the way you see Conservatives you need help.

Also, many people of color were bothered, unless like Joe you don't consider them "black" if they don't agree with you.

Liberal lying 101

Tell me about these people who were offended. The spray tan yankee has a 3% approval rate among african americans.

I am a former republican who stepped away completely when I saw the way 2016 changed people. I don't need help I'm calling it like I see it. You and a lot of other people threw morals out the window for the sake of winning and the country is burning because if its inept leadership.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

On 5/27/2020 at 1:37 PM, DeepGreen said:

1. You don't pay attention do you?   People of color were definitely offended by this Biden quote.  And you know it.

2. I guarantee you conservatives were bothered by this repulsive murder.  Honestly, do you really think conservatives approve of the killing of "anyone", black, white, yellow, brown, the way Mr. Floyd was killed?  Get some smarts, will you?

3. Many of his quotes are just plain stupid.  There, you heard it from me.  Happy now?

1. Cool, does this one quote outdo the 700 quotes from the orange man? 

2. I have already heard the conversations. "He probably deserved it" has been uttered by a lot of rural republicans I heard the same when cops killed Phillando Castile.

3. And yet you still support him, because of this... (R) what does that say about you?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

28 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

Tell me about these people who were offended. The spray tan yankee has a 3% approval rate among african americans.

I am a former republican who stepped away completely when I saw the way 2016 changed people. I don't need help I'm calling it like I see it. You and a lot of other people threw morals out the window for the sake of winning and the country is burning because if its inept leadership.

I admit the low numbers from African American is an issue that needs to be fixed. What is the answer - I don't know. All time lows for unemployment and record numbers employed (before the pandemic) did not seem to be important or matter. Areas that have been in disarray for decades continue to reelect Dems to lead them even when nothing changes. So within that demographics, economics does not seem to be a major issue. What is the issue that will make a change, yet to be determined. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

On the Biden gaffe, from an assistant professor at Stanford:

Obviously not a nationwide, official poll, but more scientific than what's going on in the thread.

So perhaps racial comments are not a true issue, rather who says them. If things were truly offensive it would not matter who said them. It's hard to have to have change when the rules that others are judged by change day-by-day and person-by-person

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

3%?  Where did you come up with this number?  They aren't great, but they also are not as low as you stated.

https://www.blackenterprise.com/trumps-approval-rating-with-black-voters-may-be-higher-than-you-thought/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/trump-approval-among-black-voters-near-20-poll

Inept leadership?  Regarding what?  The economy was rolling until the virus hit and yet it is still higher than when Obama left office.  I get tired of Trump's tweets and he is an egomaniac, but what politician isn't?  Trump just wears it on his sleeve.  I voted for him based on his platform and he has delivered on a lot of these regardless of the constant attacks from the Left that are now being exposed.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

43 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

1. Cool, does this one quote outdo the 700 quotes from the orange man? 

2. I have already heard the conversations. "He probably deserved it" has been uttered by a lot of rural republicans I heard the same when cops killed Phillando Castile.

3. And yet you still support him, because of this... (R) what does that say about you?

1.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/05/25/joe-biden-you-aint-black-racism-trump-column/5254434002/

Nice deflection though.

2.  And a lot of conservative television and radio personalities were sicken by what happened.  What rural republicans have uttered that he deserved it?

3.  I support him based on his platform and by not agreeing with what the Dems support as a whole.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

13 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So perhaps racial comments are not a true issue, rather who says them. If things were truly offensive it would not matter who said them. It's hard to have to have change when the rules that others are judged by change day-by-day and person-by-person

You have to realize that most black people see Biden as honorary black at best, and an awkward ally at worst. It's the same way that if your friend calls you an asshole, you're going to take it totally differently than if someone from SMU calls you an asshole.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/05/25/joe-biden-you-aint-black-racism-trump-column/5254434002/

Nice deflection though.

2.  And a lot of conservative television and radio personalities were sicken by what happened.  What rural republicans have uttered that he deserved it?

3.  I support him based on his platform and by not agreeing with what the Dems support as a whole.

You just linked me an opinion piece from someone who works for Trump? What am I supposed to take from that?

I am talking about the average (R) voter in North TX. I am a contractor I've bid jobs for 1000s of households and I can't tell you how many times the conversation steers towards how dems are trying to take guns and kill babies. It's always old white people who have had their minds warped by Fox news who are dead serious and get madder and madder when they talk about these things. I just go back to talking about the work that needs to be done so I can get the job. Trust me I've heard "they deserve it" countless times.

Fine, I get that. But in my opinion his platform is not the same republican platform I was raised to support. How Texas repubs turn a blind eye towards his antics and maintain support is beyond me. He is there because he was the lesser of two evils. In my opinion Biden is the lesser of two evils in 2020. I put my faith in God only, we have never had a president who is closer to the devil than we do presently. He couldn't recite one bible verse.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I admit the low numbers from African American is an issue that needs to be fixed. What is the answer - I don't know. All time lows for unemployment and record numbers employed (before the pandemic) did not seem to be important or matter. Areas that have been in disarray for decades continue to reelect Dems to lead them even when nothing changes. So within that demographics, economics does not seem to be a major issue. What is the issue that will make a change, yet to be determined. 

When he took office, he could have said you know what I went a little too far with my comments I don't want to see the country divided the next four years and attempted to unify people instead of doubling down. He called those pencil dick protestors in Virginia "very fine people" he knows what he is doing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

When he took office, he could have said you know what I went a little too far with my comments I don't want to see the country divided the next four years and attempted to unify people instead of doubling down. He called those pencil dick protestors in Virginia "very fine people" he knows what he is doing. 

Exactly where did he say the neo-nazis were very fine people? Use full context in your Trump bashing please

"You also had some very fine people on both sides," Trump said in 2017. "You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. You had people -- and I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists; they should be condemned totally -- you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

You just linked me an opinion piece from someone who works for Trump? What am I supposed to take from that?

I am talking about the average (R) voter in North TX. I am a contractor I've bid jobs for 1000s of households and I can't tell you how many times the conversation steers towards how dems are trying to take guns and kill babies. It's always old white people who have had their minds warped by Fox news who are dead serious and get madder and madder when they talk about these things. I just go back to talking about the work that needs to be done so I can get the job. Trust me I've heard "they deserve it" countless times.

Fine, I get that. But in my opinion his platform is not the same republican platform I was raised to support. How Texas repubs turn a blind eye towards his antics and maintain support is beyond me. He is there because he was the lesser of two evils. In my opinion Biden is the lesser of two evils in 2020. I put my faith in God only, we have never had a president who is closer to the devil than we do presently. He couldn't recite one bible verse.

Doesn’t work for Trump.

http://www.parisdennard.com/about

You last sentence is hysterical 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1