"Progressive" Democrats Bothered By Biden's Race and Age. Most Don't Care.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:28 PM, UNTLifer said:

Vehement support?  No, Trump is far from faultless, but as far as a platform, there is absolutely no way I can support the Dems. Biden?  He should be under medical care and is in no shape to run the country. I just want to see equal treatment and I want all the outrage woman to support Reade like they did Kavanaugh’s accuser. You can’t play it one way for one person and totally different for another because of political affiliation and maintain any credibility. 

That’ll never happen.

C83682B3-599F-4D61-B791-DE0882C028C7.png.c11755334e5892924a4fcb68946a14cd.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I just shake my head at that last sentence. 

Me too. Just curious, how do you reconcile Trump to wanting better for women? 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

31 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Cool...because Trump may or may not have done it...Biden gets a pass, right? Cool. That certainly does make it peachy keen fine for Biden. Love the logic of..."well, gee, that guy did it too"...hello Harvey Weinstein...that make it cool for Biden too? This is just so very interesting how folks are reacting...on both sides of the aisle.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

10 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Cool...because Trump may or may not have done it...Biden gets a pass, right? Cool. That certainly does make it peachy keen fine for Biden. Love the logic of..."well, gee, that guy did it too"...hello Harvey Weinstein...that make it cool for Biden too? This is just so very interesting how folks are reacting...on both sides of the aisle.

I didn't say Biden gets a pass. I have never professed support for Biden anywhere. I'm just curious that if this is an absolute for someone, why it is only applied in one direction? I'd be happy to see everyone accused fairly investigated, prohibit them from using legal machinations to suppress the full disclosure of information and hold anyone that is proven to have done something completely accountable even if they are nice or a good kid / nice guy. Doesn't seem like a controversial stance, but here we are. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

I didn't say Biden gets a pass. I have never professed support for Biden anywhere. I'm just curious that if this is an absolute for someone, why it is only applied in one direction? I'd be happy to see everyone accused fairly investigated, prohibit them from using legal machinations to suppress the full disclosure of information and hold anyone that is proven to have done something completely accountable even if they are nice or a good kid / nice guy. Doesn't seem like a controversial stance, but here we are. 

You say no pass for Biden, but when questioned you reference/ask "what" about Trump or say "well Trump did this or that."

3 hours ago, Quoner said:

The fact that there is a complete set of double-standards has nothing to do with who did/did not do something, rather the way that most and in the media and the Hollywood liberals will yell that a Republican "accused" is guilty unless they can prove otherwise, and then they were probably guilty of something else that they got away with; as compared to when a Democrat is accused they are not only declared innocent until proven guilty (as it should be), BUT a concerted effort is made to discredit and even try and destroy the accuser. 

This is well highlighted overall, when the video clips are shown on the comments made when one person does something, and then the side-by-side comments by the same people when their "opposition" stands accused.

So again, regardless if you like/hate Trump and what he, or other Republicans did or didn't do, if you try and say there is no difference in the handling and coverage you are by the very nature showing your bias and being hypocritical. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You say no pass for Biden, but when questioned you reference/ask "what" about Trump or say "well Trump did this or that."

The fact that there is a complete set of double-standards has nothing to do with who did/did not do something, rather the way that most and in the media and the Hollywood liberals will yell that a Republican "accused" is guilty unless they can prove otherwise, and then they were probably guilty of something else that they got away with; as compared to when a Democrat is accused they are not only declared innocent until proven guilty (as it should be), BUT a concerted effort is made to discredit and even try and destroy the accuser. 

This is well highlighted overall, when the video clips are shown on the comments made when one person does something, and then the side-by-side comments by the same people when their "opposition" stands accused.

So again, regardless if you like/hate Trump and what he, or other Republicans did or didn't do, if you try and say there is no difference in the handling and coverage you are by the very nature showing your bias and being hypocritical. 

Are you so binary that the idea of someone saying both sets of claims against both men (Trump has many more on the record with more evidence than Biden) deserve to be fairly vetted and all legal maneuvering of non-disclosures , countersuits, intimidation, etc. somehow means the libs have personally victimized you again? Why are you olds so frail and inflexible when you had possibly the easiest lives in the history of humanity?

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Are you so binary that the idea of someone saying both sets of claims against both men (Trump has many more on the record with more evidence than Biden) deserve to be fairly vetted and all legal maneuvering of non-disclosures , countersuits, intimidation, etc. somehow means the libs have personally victimized you again? Why are you olds so frail and inflexible when you had possibly the easiest lives in the history of humanity?

I guess I could ask how you "young and we know more than everyone" are so self-convinced that they have the answers for everything. And please, give me some facts, not your typical BS, that show how you reference the "easiest" lives when Gen X and Millennial are best know as the "you owe me and you need to do more for me", and "I deserve".  

Again, you once again, as you do on many issues, refuse to address the question of is there a double-standard, rather you once again act like a smart-ass with you "olds" comments.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

On 5/3/2020 at 3:02 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

I guess I could ask how you "young and we know more than everyone" are so self-convinced that they have the answers for everything. And please, give me some facts, not your typical BS, that show how you reference the "easiest" lives when Gen X and Millennial are best know as the "you owe me and you need to do more for me", and "I deserve".  

Again, you once again, as you do on many issues, refuse to address the question of is there a double-standard, rather you once again act like a smart-ass with you "olds" comments.  

I'm not really that young, but I am under 50, which seems to be the cutoff line. And, this is actually pretty easy. The generation above you fought in WW2 and is typically known as the greatest generation. Before them, came a Great Depression, a first world war, and the industrial revolution (going to make an assumption and assume we can cut off some things at the existence of electricity, cars, refrigeration, etc.) 

Post WW2 to the 1970s was a pretty non-disputed economic boom and then the 70s saw some reckoning and a downturn, and the response was deregulation and the failed ideas of trickle down. Basically, pull up the ladder behind you and kick the can. Someone born in the early 80s has spent their lives feeling the aftershocks of those decisions and we have seen wage levels stagnate for 30 years now. The idea of kicking the can, making sure you keep yours and pretending that the rich give a shit about a shrinking middle class has somehow become a core value for people who will never make more than a quarter of a million dollars annually in their household. For some reason, you all really, really want to crap on Millennials to feel better about other problems and it is baffling when you raised them. It's like screaming at a mirror of your worst collective habits.

That said, care to answer why Biden and Trump can't have fully transparent accountability for their accusations or are we gonna pivot to economic theory next to avoid a simple question?

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 3

18 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

And BINGO was his name-o. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

And BINGO was his name-o. 

Gonna answer the simple question or just pretend you're part of the GMG SVU some more?

And a quick skim of GMG finds you struggling to understand how the NFL draft works, the fundamentals of basketball scheduling (tried to help ya!) and what a shooter is, so maybe learn more about sports before you ask everyone else to stick to it on your terms?

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 4

36 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think the answer is right in front of us: each side has a double standard - especially in the media.  But there are people who are trying to hold both sides accountable.  Dems in this very thread are calling for vetting of Biden.

Also, I'm personally interested in the psychology behind these stereotypes/labels we associate with each generation.  Baby Boomers, the Silent Gen (my dad), Gen X (myself), Millennials, Gen Z.

...I've noticed some trends in my students (mostly 7-12 year olds) that will present advantages and struggles later in life.  I wonder what we will call them, or do they already have a name?

49 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

I love conservatives crying double standard when their party leader is on tape literally bragging about sexual assault only to be elected president 2 weeks later. 

Agree it should be openly looked at and if he did something illegal then he should be held accountable. 

Too many politicians get away with way to much. Trump with some of his stupid comments and people like Biden who brags about holding aid and getting the prosecutor fired who was going to investigate his son.

I think we can all agree, regardless of side, way too many politicians and famous people get away with a lot of crap that would put most of us in jail

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

I love conservatives crying double standard when their party leader is on tape literally bragging about sexual assault only to be elected president 2 weeks later. 

And the media went ape over it, yet silent over Biden. That is the issue. Dems say every woman should have their time to speak about what happened, yet these same people now say it isn’t necessary because they believe Biden. Although Biden really never responded, his campaign spoke for him.

A woman claimed Kavanaugh assaulted her in college yet nobody could corroborate her story. Never the less, the media media covered it every day, female celebrities came out of the woodwork, the MeToo movement started and Congress raked him over the coals. Biden’s accuser has five or more people supporting her story yet the same media goes quiet, the celebrities say now that the woman doesn’t need her day because they believe Creepy Joe and Congress will refuse a hearing because Joe is part of the House majority. That is my issue. Treat them all the same. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

18 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

And the media went ape over it, yet silent over Biden. That is the issue. Dems say every woman should have their time to speak about what happened, yet these same people now say it isn’t necessary because they believe Biden. Although Biden really never responded, his campaign spoke for him.

A woman claimed Kavanaugh assaulted her in college yet nobody could corroborate her story. Never the less, the media media covered it every day, female celebrities came out of the woodwork, the MeToo movement started and Congress raked him over the coals. Biden’s accuser has five or more people supporting her story yet the same media goes quiet, the celebrities say now that the woman doesn’t need her day because they believe Creepy Joe and Congress will refuse a hearing because Joe is part of the House majority. That is my issue. Treat them all the same. 

i think why some people are bringing up trumps issues (which he has some) is that those happened before he became president but no one did anything about it.  total guess on my part

the reason why i believe people are correct to want the same media coverage/outcry over the biden issues is because this is currently happening, and during the trump presidency, kavanaugh was raked across the coals.  during this presidency, 2 big time people have been accused of sexual misconduct.  one a republican and one a democrat.  some people want to see both of them treated equally, while other people want to compare biden to trump and not just look at biden.  its common sense to me to treat both kavanaugh and biden equally.  if folks want to cry about what trump did, cool, totally allowable, but not the same thing/timing(although both may be sexual misconduct).  the time to deal with trump was when he was running for office, not after he was already voted in.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THOR said:

i think why some people are bringing up trumps issues (which he has some) is that those happened before he became president but no one did anything about it.  total guess on my part

the reason why i believe people are correct to want the same media coverage/outcry over the biden issues is because this is currently happening, and during the trump presidency, kavanaugh was raked across the coals.  during this presidency, 2 big time people have been accused of sexual misconduct.  one a republican and one a democrat.  some people want to see both of them treated equally, while other people want to compare biden to trump and not just look at biden.  its common sense to me to treat both kavanaugh and biden equally.  if folks want to cry about what trump did, cool, totally allowable, but not the same thing/timing(although both may be sexual misconduct).  the time to deal with trump was when he was running for office, not after he was already voted in.

wait...so just being president absolves a person from sexual assault in you mind? that's douchebaging bonkers

just a cursory "Tara Reade" google search pulls up multiple articles over the last week from legitimate news organiza...oops, sorry...the liberal lamestream media. 

now...let's play devil's advocate...let's say the Biden story isn't getting the same font as the Kavanaugh story...is the a non-partisan difference in reporting imperatives from 2 summers ago and now? like...I don't know...a global pandemic? 

investigate them all. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

wait...so just being president absolves a person from sexual assault in you mind? that's douchebaging bonkers

just a cursory "Tara Reade" google search pulls up multiple articles over the last week from legitimate news organiza...oops, sorry...the liberal lamestream media. 

now...let's play devil's advocate...let's say the Biden story isn't getting the same font as the Kavanaugh story...is the a non-partisan difference in reporting imperatives from 2 summers ago and now? like...I don't know...a global pandemic? 

investigate them all. 

no, that doesn't make him exempt in the same way that you think a pandemic absolves biden from coverage.  the news isn't 24/7 pandemic...if it's something they wanted to cover (biden sexual stuff), they would.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, THOR said:

no, that doesn't make him exempt in the same way that you think a pandemic absolves biden from coverage.  the news isn't 24/7 pandemic...if it's something they wanted to cover (biden sexual stuff), they would.  

It might not be 24-7 corona virus coverage, but it's at least 22.5-7 pandemic coverage.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, THOR said:

no it isn't

Yes it is.

Even CSPAN is showing gobs of corona virus stuff.  And half their lectures and old films they're showing are about the 1957 flu pandemic or the 1918-1919 Spanish Flu.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Yes it is.

Even CSPAN is showing gobs of corona virus stuff.  And half their lectures and old films they're showing are about the 1957 flu pandemic or the 1918-1919 Spanish Flu.

no it isn't...sky news talks about european issues, not related to covid and plenty of sports leagues and new developments. 

did i make that up?  probably, just like you did with the 22.5/7 covid news talk

• Haha 3
  • Downvote 2