"Progressive" Democrats Bothered By Biden's Race and Age. Most Don't Care.

14 minutes ago, THOR said:

what about his sexual abuse claims?  more evidence than kavanaughs, yet it doesn't lead the news

I mean, the Coronavirus would take anything off the news.  Kim Jong Un's apparent death barely was a blip.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, THOR said:

what about his sexual abuse claims?  more evidence than kavanaughs, yet it doesn't lead the news

Regardless of Right or Left, how can anyone honestly say there is not an absolute double standard. What is sad is how the exact same people on the left who will try everything they can do not only destroy the career and life of someone on the right (with or without evidence) along with his/her family and supporters will be silent or worse, openly say that "this if different". 

So disagree with the politics or not, if you can honestly say there is no double standard and hypocrisy when it comes to allegations of misconduct then your hate runs deep. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

18 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Regardless of Right or Left, how can anyone honestly say there is not an absolute double standard. What is sad is how the exact same people on the left who will try everything they can do not only destroy the career and life of someone on the right (with or without evidence) along with his/her family and supporters will be silent or worse, openly say that "this if different". 

So disagree with the politics or not, if you can honestly say there is no double standard and hypocrisy when it comes to allegations of misconduct then your hate runs deep. 

Well, the double standard is kind of evident in your own post. I'm open to understanding more about the case, although early on the whole coaching from a Current Affairs journalist doesn't really help her credibility. We'll see where it goes.

I also think trying to take the high ground when the most recent Supreme Court justice had multiple allegations against him, and same for the current President, is a bit laughable. As soon as the allegations became severe enough, Al Franken resigned, for example.

So no, I wouldn't say this is a double standard. Serious claims are taken seriously, and we're not to the point with Biden where Franken found himself.

• Upvote 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

33 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Well, the double standard is kind of evident in your own post. I'm open to understanding more about the case, although early on the whole coaching from a Current Affairs journalist doesn't really help her credibility. We'll see where it goes.

I also think trying to take the high ground when the most recent Supreme Court justice had multiple allegations against him, and same for the current President, is a bit laughable. As soon as the allegations became severe enough, Al Franken resigned, for example.

So no, I wouldn't say this is a double standard. Serious claims are taken seriously, and we're not to the point with Biden where Franken found himself.

With a due respect, how is it not a double standard when a Republican is accused and we hear that the accuser is correct regardless of the facts, or lack of and the the SAME people will turn around when a Democrat is accused and either not say a word, or start smearing the person making the claim

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

With a due respect, how is it not a double standard when a Republican is accused and we hear that the accuser is correct regardless of the facts, or lack of and the the SAME people will turn around when a Democrat is accused and either not say a word, or start smearing the person making the claim

I don't know if Kavanaugh's accuser was legitimate or not. That was never investigated thoroughly, McConnell had no interest in delaying the confirmation for the investigation to take place, and the evidence probably wasn't there due to the length of time. What was disqualifying for me personally, and a lot of other people, when it came to Kavanaugh was his behavior. Going full on Fox News/Breitbart in the middle of a confirmation hearing was disgraceful and would've resulted in him being thrown out on his ass in any other political environment than today's.

And let's not forget that there are two current sitting conservative Supreme Court justices with sexual assault allegations made against them. One of which was approved by a Democratic Senate. Even if there was a double standard, it doesn't seem to matter.

• Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8

It's 2020 and morals are out the windows. The precedent has been set by the spray tan yankee. I think more people in the middle will find it easier to vote for Biden than they did Hillary who everyone can agree is god awful.

I have no confidence Hillary would have been any better handling COVID or anything else over the last 4 years, don't care for Biden either I will probably not vote as just like 2016 it's either Turd sandwich or giant douche. Let the chaos ensue.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

It's 2020 and morals are out the windows. The precedent has been set by the spray tan yankee. I think more people in the middle will find it easier to vote for Biden than they did Hillary who everyone can agree is god awful.

I have no confidence Hillary would have been any better handling COVID or anything else over the last 4 years, don't care for Biden either I will probably not vote as just like 2016 it's either Turd sandwich or giant douche. Let the chaos ensue.

With all due respect -- If you don't vote don't bitch

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

On 4/29/2020 at 9:30 PM, Censored by Laurie said:

I'm not super locked in on the presidential race right now, but here...if there are even the slightest wisps of credible allegations against Joe Biden, I want a fair and impartial investigation into them and if there is an abundance of evidence or even perception that causes Biden to lose a race or nomination then so be it. 

now you other pious team-sport-Politik dicks say the same thing about your rapists or admit that you've traded any sense of ethic and morality you might have once had for a partisan win. 

Sorry, you lost me at dicks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Vehement support?  No, Trump is far from faultless, but as far as a platform, there is absolutely no way I can support the Dems. Biden?  He should be under medical care and is in no shape to run the country. I just want to see equal treatment and I want all the outrage woman to support Reade like they did Kavanaugh’s accuser. You can’t play it one way for one person and totally different for another because of political affiliation and maintain any credibility. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Just have to say...it is really fun watching the clips of what folks said during the Kavanaugh hearings and what they are now saying about the allegations against Biden.  Almost must see video.

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2