While those around him are tired of hearing it, NFL prospect Mason Fine knows being too short is just his story

A story of Mason Fine often retold is when he shoved newspaper in his sneakers to appear taller the first time he met then-North Texas offensive coordinator Graham Harrell.

Fine jokes at how well he’s gotten at sharing that legend over the last four years — elaborating on smaller details each interview because of how many times he’s had to repeat it to reporters, fans and now, NFL scouts.

“It’s just my story,” Fine said. “I know you and myself have read the same story over and over, but that’s life, and I can’t go back and change the story.”

The story of Fine being too short to be a successful quarterback is not a tall tale. It’s been retold plenty, especially every time a new chapter begins, such as his current transition from college football player to NFL prospect. Fine has become calloused to answering the same questions about his height for the same article to be rewritten. But those close to him who have been by his side through this before are, quite frankly, worn out by that narrative.

read more:  https://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/high-school/no-tall-tale-while-those-around-him-are-tired-of-hearing-it-nfl-prospect-mason/article_17333e14-71ec-5a61-af88-4bd54ed36f12.html

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1