Fine will be closely watching NFL draft

DENTON, Texas – Spring is a time of high hopes for hundreds of college football players wondering when and if their names will be called during the National Football League draft, and one Cherokee Nation citizen is definitely in the mix, according to pundits.

Mason Fine, who in 2019 put the wraps on a spectacular career as quarterback for the University of North Texas, was expected either to be taken in the late rounds or ink a priority free agent contract.

“I’m going to travel up to Peggs, Oklahoma, and watch the draft there while my dad is grilling me up some steaks,” Fine said. “I’m going to have a nice dinner, enjoy it and watch it from there.”

In expectation of serious draft consideration, and before the NFL stopped player visits to follow social distancing guidelines, Fine was working with trainer Todd Durkin and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

read more:  https://www.cherokeephoenix.org/Article/Index/124573

• Thanks 1