Defending Champions Sign Top Recruiting Class

MCMLXXX

38 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

First ever class ranked in the top 50 of rivals! That’s great! GMG! 

We had a higher ranked class when we brought in Mitchell, Jones, and Williams. I don’t know what rivals had us at but I use to get espn and sports illustrated magazines and we were in one of their like top 25 I believe. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Downvote 2

54 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We had a higher ranked class when we brought in Mitchell, Jones, and Williams. I don’t know what rivals had us at but I use to get espn and sports illustrated magazines and we were in one of their like top 25 I believe. 

I did say top 50 of rivals. I have no clue about other sites. Just quoting the article from the university 

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

I did say top 50 of rivals. I have no clue about other sites. Just quoting the article from the university 

Yeah. I honestly cannot fully remember but I know we had 3 of the top 150 players in the nation in Jones, Williams, and Mitchell. We also added Norris and Robinson as freshman and I believe Walton and Niko as JUCO transfers. (I think). I try to just go off my memory here usually. I do believe we had a top 25 class in JJs last year here. It was getting national attention all over the place. I’m sure rivals had it ranked high as well. 

Edit: 247 sports had us outside the top 100 that year but also only shows us having 2 recruits. Only freshman listed is Williams so not very accurate.  

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Yeah. I honestly cannot fully remember but I know we had 3 of the top 150 players in the nation in Jones, Williams, and Mitchell. We also added Norris and Robinson as freshman and I believe Walton and Niko as JUCO transfers. (I think). I try to just go off my memory here usually. I do believe we had a top 25 class in JJs last year here. It was getting national attention all over the place. I’m sure rivals had it ranked high as well. 

Edit: 247 sports had us outside the top 100 that year but also only shows us having 2 recruits. Only freshman listed is Williams so not very accurate.  

Jones wasn’t top 150 on Rivals, and Mitchell did not count towards our 2011 class because he was a 2010 recruit. Can’t speak towards other publications but Rivals doesn’t seem to have the 2011 class rankings archived, but I think it might not have been top 50 because Mitchell did not count towards the 2011 class.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

7 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Jones wasn’t top 150 on Rivals, and Mitchell did not count towards our 2011 class because he was a 2010 recruit. Can’t speak towards other publications but Rivals doesn’t seem to have the 2011 class rankings archived, but I think it might not have been top 50 because Mitchell did not count towards the 2011 class.

Well he counted in the SI issue because it was his picture used. I wish I had kept it. I guess I was so disappointed with the finish those few years I trashed it haha. 

I still believe that 2011 class was the best we have ever had and will be difficult to top. The results that came from that class on the other hand has already been surpassed by Macs crew. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Right.    Jones wasn't ranked that high nationally.

Andrew might be thinking of Kundstadt's TXHoops rankings where Williams was a top 10 player in the state, and Jones & Robinson were both in the top 30.     

Super strong class that was obviously pushed over the top by Tony Mitchell, and yeah, Mitchell was a 2010 grad, so he didn't count according to the recruiting services/rankings.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Right.    Jones wasn't ranked that high nationally.

Andrew might be thinking of Kundstadt's TXHoops rankings where Williams was a top 10 player in the state, and Jones & Robinson were both in the top 30.     

Super strong class that was obviously pushed over the top by Tony Mitchell, and yeah, Mitchell was a 2010 grad, so he didn't count according to the recruiting services/rankings.

Rivals still has Jordan Williams profile up and had him at 108 I Think nationally. Either way it was the best class we have probably ever had. Sadly it never measured up. Robinson was a 3 star recruit as was Jones, but neither finished their career here. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Rivals still has Jordan Williams profile up and had him at 108 I Think nationally. Either way it was the best class we have probably ever had. Sadly it never measured up. Robinson was a 3 star recruit as was Jones, but neither finished their career here. 

I have a good feeling on these guys. McBride and Lewis are already Sophomores right?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greendylan said:

I might be thinking of a different recruiting cycle altogether, but I remember a year when our early signee class was ranked top 25 or something like that but not necessarily the entire recruiting class that year.

Trills first full class was rated high because he replaced almost the whole team, had double digit recruits. 

He was a great recruiter till he showed everyone he could not coach at all, and had a hard time getting anyone to sign after a couple of years. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Trills first full class was rated high because he replaced almost the whole team, had double digit recruits. 

He was a great recruiter till he showed everyone he could not coach at all, and had a hard time getting anyone to sign after a couple of years. 

They didn’t all make it to Denton but that was an outrageous class. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, GrandGreen said:

Watching Erskin in a Longhorn uniform sucked. 

• Upvote 2