Bryce Drummond...OK HS QB commits to UNT

RBP79

Drummond already possessed some celebrity status as a only high school junior. He happens to be the son of Ree Drummond, better known as "The Pioneer Woman," a Food Network television personality, author, and blogger with 1.2 million followers on Twitter.

https://247sports.com/Article/pioneer-woman-North-Texas-football-recruiting-Bryce-Drummond-commits-146147729/

Congratulations to QB Bryce Drummond committing to play football at the University of North Texas! You know he’s been fed well...his mom, Ree Drummond, is the host of

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Good grief, let's worry that any commit actually signs

This is akin to all those that start worrying about a new coach hire leaving after he is successful

Enjoy the now a little bit.

You’re familiar with the term, “once bitten, twice shy”, but at NT, it’s “hundreds of times de-committed, eternally skeptical”.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

SL's Oklahoma ties coming through again--he is very smart to go up there and get kids who would otherwise be looking at Tulsa, similar to what Kragthorpe did at Tulsa when Dickey was here and would come down here and get recruits we were hot after.

Tulsa coach is hanging on a shoestring right now.  He will likely be replaced after this season.

Here is a recent OK Preps podcast interview with Bryce Drummond. The first half of the interview is mostly about his high school numbers. His comments on committing to North Texas start around the 20:50 mark. I hope we can hang on to this young man. Enjoy.

http://okpreps.com/2020/04/19/verbal-commit-bryce-drummond/

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Every kid is entitled to enjoy the recruiting experience, but..., and this is just my opinion.

After what happened this past recruiting season, I would like to see the coaches tell young Mr D that we are committed to you (if they actually are) and will not be actively looking for another QB, but if you choose to actively keep looking so will we.

Again, if he and others chooses to keep talking to other schools that is their choice, but I personally don't like to see players that have committed to any school actively and openly posting how they are still looking.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

but if you choose to actively keep looking so will we.

Slippery slope here.  In my experience, you draw this line with someone and it will backfire three out of four times.  You only play that card after you personally know him and have a handle on how he might react.

• Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Slippery slope here.  In my experience, you draw this line with someone and it will backfire three out of four times.  You only play that card after you personally know him and have a handle on how he might react.

As I said, just my opinion. I think it needs to go both ways, the coaches and the recruit. I think a commitment needs to be a little more than a talking point from a player, just as the staff/school need to be clear with the recruit.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

The big schools commonly "de-commit" "commits" who keep visiting other schools.

• Upvote 1