Change in NCAA qualifier status

H-towngreen

A couple of comments -

With the way they are easing the transfer I would be cautious. If we could grab a "all star" would they stick around after a year or two? Could you afford to red shirt someone to get their academics in order?

Just because the NCAA is removing the requirement does not necessarily mean the University would. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, H-towngreen said:

They wouldn’t have to redshirt as they would be full qualifiers.

And by your logic we shouldn’t sign any recruits since there’s a chance they could transfer after a year or two. 

Agree to disagree. If we had been after them and they were interested before then I think it's a good deal. Just saying I would be cautious on getting someone who never showed an interest and then came because he didn't have another option. Not saying it couldn't work or be worth the reward, it just comes with more risk.

• Upvote 1

Every school will take advantage of this and the biggest will benefit the most. The question is, kids who have already signed with JUCOs due to grades as class of 2020, will they be allowed to back out and sign with FBS schools? 

We have to have a couple scholarships still available as a few weeks ago Clint Bowen said we're not done with 2020 class in an article. Let's do what we should have been doing all along and take a few chances.

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Agree to disagree. If we had been after them and they were interested before then I think it's a good deal. Just saying I would be cautious on getting someone who never showed an interest and then came because he didn't have another option. Not saying it couldn't work or be worth the reward, it just comes with more risk.

It makes sense...why go out with the supermodel when there’s a chance she might leave you in the end.

Edited by H-towngreen
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1