Last scholarship wish list

Shark84

41 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

With Muhammad transferring, that gives us one more scholarship. What type/position should we go after? Grad transfer, JC, HS, Guard, Wing, Post???? I'd like another 6'3-6'5 HS guard that we could red-shirt. What say you?

We just brought in 2 high school Forwards and a JUCO G.   

With the departure of Draper and Gibson, that's A LOT of backcourt minutes we'll need to make up.   I think Jackson can step in there some.  I think Wise could even play some off the ball.  I think McBride will play a lot of minutes there, and maybe Rubin Jones will pick up some minutes off the ball as well. 

All that to say, ideally, we'd bring in another smooth-shooting JUCO SG like McBride that excels defensively... but really, I'll take the best available player regardless of position.

• Upvote 3

I believe that NT has covered all bases and is in an enviable position to be very choosy. 

NT is already deep at the one and five.  The most difficult positions to fill.

This is a senior laden team, so I would go with a freshman or maybe a transfer with at least two years to play.

A stretch forward or another wing with potential to be a high scorer.   Obviously, with McCasland, they must be quick and play good defense. 

• Upvote 2

You bring in the best player available. There’s about 5 more scholarships available next year; as guys move on. No need to take a lesser talent to fill a position. Having said that, if equal in talent, I’d go big. WKU moves right back to the favorites role  next year with a healthy 7 ft lotto pick. Z. Simmons stays in foul trouble and another big would be needed in close games. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I guess I thought of Ousmane as more of a power forward and not a true post player.  

He’s way more of a post than a PF. I don’t know about his post moves, but he seems better around the rim but not as athletic as Geu. Hopefully he can finish he put ins

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He’s way more of a post than a PF. I don’t know about his post moves, but he seems better around the rim but not as athletic as Geu. Hopefully he can finish he put ins

Geu was a very experienced grad transfer.  A freshman is not likely to take his place.  However, he could grow into a better player and be a factor for years. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Geu was a very experienced grad transfer.  A freshman is not likely to take his place.  However, he could grow into a better player and be a factor for years. 

Thomas Bell actually played more minutes than Geu. If Bell takes over as the starter, Robinson and Ousmane could tag team to replace Geu’s minutes off the bench. Robinson taking Geu’s minutes at the 4 and Ousmane taking Geu’s minutes at the 5. Also could up Bell and Zach Simmons’ minutes to cover Geu’s minutes as well. None of the guys on the roster currently would be asked to replace Geu and his minutes by themselves.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Eye Roll 1