RIP NTSUMGSPE

UNT 90 Grad

I have just now learned Cary has passed away. I am in shock! What happened ?

Cary and I became good friends two years ago. I met Cary at one of the game watching parties with many Mean Green Fans!  Cary was a great guy and had an infectious personality!

I will miss you always Cary! I know you will be with all the Mean Green fans at the games and watching parties!

God Bless You Cary!

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

I have just now learned Cary has passed away. I am in shock! What happened ?

Cary and I became good friends two years ago. I met Cary at one of the game watching parties with many Mean Green Fans!  Cary was a great guy and had an infectious personality!

I will miss you always Cary! I know you will be with all the Mean Green fans at the games and watching parties!

God Bless You Cary!

I’m not sure what happened.   I’ve seen speculation on social media of a heart attack.   He was only 54 years old.  So sad.

One other note, he was on the steering committee for the Dallas Chapter of the UNT Alumni Association.   

• Upvote 6

Wow! What a sad note to start the week. The Mean Green lost a good one. Gone way too young.

Got to know Cary many years ago. Bonded over Mean Green football, tailgating, sports in general, the UNT Alumni Association, 80’s music - especially our mutual love of rock/metal, and time spent living in the Chicago area growing up. Always made me jealous with his frequent trips back posting pictures of his deep dish pizza and Italian beef’s at all the joints I grew up with.

I’ll always remember the fun times roaming Bourbon Street with him when UNT played Tulane the last time - 2013. Good times.

Will miss seeing him at tailgating and watch parties. Great sense of humor and always brought a smile with him.

Next Mean Green tailgate - whenever we get to do that again - is in your honor Cary!  Rest easy my friend.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 5

I first met Cary at a watch party at Fuzzy's in 2017.  It was the first one I ever went to since moving back to Dallas.  I didn't know what to expect and didn't know anyone who was going to be there.  Cary walked right up and introduced himself, told me to put my name in the hat for prizes, told me what was going to happen and made me feel right at home.  He checked on me a few times throughout the game and kept everyone entertained.  He made sure I was having a good time, and that kept me coming back game after game.  Over the past few years, I got to know him better and was glad I did  It was always fun running into him at UNT events and hearing his laugh.  I wish I had known him for a longer period of time.  RIP, Cary...you'll be missed.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

FYI

Cary’s funeral will be held at Restland on Greenville Ave, just north of LBJ and Greenville.

Visitation is on Friday April 17 at 10:00 am 

Cary’s obituary is on the Restland website along with the funeral arrangements.

thank you

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

FYI

Cary’s funeral will be held at Restland on Greenville Ave, just north of LBJ and Greenville.

Visitation is on Friday April 17 at 10:00 am 

Cary’s obituary is on the Restland website along with the funeral arrangements.

Obituary:  https://www.restlandfuneralhome.com/m/obituaries/Cary-Lumkes/Memories

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

I Your right Thor, the friends and family visitation is at 12:00 noon.

i visited with Cary this morning. I met his sister and his mom. Very good people just like Cary.  Made you feel like part of the family. I had photos of Cary on my cell phone. I passed the photos over to his sister. If you have any photos of Cary, please show the photos to his sister, and send the photos to her.

I will miss Cary !

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2020 at 12:06 PM, Charlie NT 73 said:

I Your right Thor, the friends and family visitation is at 12:00 noon.

i visited with Cary this morning. I met his sister and his mom. Very good people just like Cary.  Made you feel like part of the family. I had photos of Cary on my cell phone. I passed the photos over to his sister. If you have any photos of Cary, please show the photos to his sister, and send the photos to her.

I will miss Cary !

We are so sorry to hear of Cary’s passing. Gone way too soon. I have a few pictures of our son and Cary after the UTEP game this year. Can you  please direct me on how to get those to his sister?

Such a great guy. May he Rest In Peace. 

• Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, eagle-eye said:

We are so sorry to hear of Cary’s passing. Gone way too soon. I have a few pictures of our son and Cary after the UTEP game this year. Can you  please direct me on how to get those to his sister?

Such a great guy. May he Rest In Peace. 

There is a memories area on the obituary link where you can post pictures. 

• Thanks 1

As a follow up for anyone that has photos of Cary. 

I spoke to Cary’s sister Tracy Lumpkes regarding photos that I have of Cary and I, at the family viewing on Saturday morning.

Tracy would like to have copies of any photos of Cary that you have.

Tracy would like for you to email the photos to her email address:

taeaves@hotmail.com

Please email the photos to Tracy.

• Upvote 2