Recruiting Class Ranked 52nd on Rivals

BillySee58

33 minutes ago, greenminer said:

How does this class compare to other UNT classes? A Top 10 haul for us? A best-of for the last 10 years?

Probably our best class in terms of offers since 2011. Jordan Williams, Chris Jones, Forrest Robinson were all highly recruited and rated. Class also featured Trey Norris, Niko Stojilikovic, and Brandan Walton and Tony Mitchell came in basically with them.

Last year’s class was really good too with Hamlet and Reese headlining as highly regarded JUCO recruits. But this is definitely our top crop of high schoolers since 2011.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, greenminer said:

How does this class compare to other UNT classes? A Top 10 haul for us? A best-of for the last 10 years?

The gold standard for NT B-ball recruiting, imo, is going to be that 2011 class with Jordan Williams, Chris Jones, Forrest Robinson (even though he didn't play here), and the late addition of Tony Mitchell to the fold.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The gold standard for NT B-ball recruiting, imo, is going to be that 2011 class with Jordan Williams, Chris Jones, Forrest Robinson (even though he didn't play here), and the late addition of Tony Mitchell to the fold.

Only if LSU had waited one more year.......

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

32 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

Billy

In your estimation are we through or can we expect another move

This is a great question that I am also having trouble estimating on it. Just last week Mykell Robinson set a commitment date of May 1st.

Then he ends up committing two days later, stating “It was the perfect opportunity, so I wanted to hurry up and jump on it,” Robinson said. “My commitment date was May 1st, but with this opportunity, I feel like this is a great decision and I’m ready to make the best of it.”

Which that urgency seems to indicate that others could fill his spot and it would not still be available May 1st. The questions then become who are these other(s), are we still recruiting him/them, and would Mccasland be willing to urge a transfer to make room like he did last year with Mark Tikhonenko making room for Thomas Bell.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That haul was so amazing.  We get one of the most amazing classes ever, however, and proceed to lose that head coach and inherit an absolute train wreck coach that threw our program into the dumpster.  Sooo North Texas

Lastly, I always thought CJ was under-appreciated.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, greenminer said:

That haul was so amazing.  We get one of the most amazing classes ever, however, and proceed to lose that head coach and inherit an absolute train wreck coach that threw our program into the dumpster.  Sooo North Texas

Lastly, I always thought CJ was under-appreciated.

I seriously doubt that Coach Mac leaves anytime soon. Maybe 5 years in my opinion 

• Upvote 1