Simmons says Schedule made team better

MCMLXXX

• Harry featured this topic
On 4/8/2020 at 8:46 PM, MCMLXXX said:

now the question begins...if this is the road we want to try and travel again this year (i hope we do), how hard will it be to get this type of schedule again after the year we just produced and what we have coming back?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

now the question begins...if this is the road we want to try and travel again this year (i hope we do), how hard will it be to get this type of schedule again after the year we just produced and what we have coming back?

I think we could. I don’t think we can get a Big 12 team back in the pit, but most of our high-caliber opponents last year were from mid-major conferences. Dayton, VCU, and URI from the A10, Utah State from Mountain West, UTA and Little Rock from the Sun Belt, then two high major opponents in Arkansas and OU. 

So while it may be tough to get quality high-major opponents, hopefully it will be easier to get games with quality mid majors like us who are also looking to bolster their OOC.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I don’t think we can get a Big 12 team back in the pit,

I agree with that. OU almost took that L and kind of got lucky that they caught us with a bunch of new players that were still trying to figure it out. With the way Hamlet came on late, I think we win that game at least 6/10 times that we play them. I bet that did not get by other P5 conferences. That being said, I trust that Wren and Grant can make it happen.

• Upvote 1