One more ship for men

I'm more concerned with making sure we have shooters than anything else, especially ones that can hit free throws. Shawnson got a lot of blocks for us this past year, but he was quickly neutralized on offense once the word got out, and his FT ability really hurt us when we needed the points.

That's not to say Shawnson wasn't valuable. His defense was awesome, and he wasn't the only one on the team to be missing FT's (seemingly everyone except for Leonard). He's definitely an incredible player, he just needs to arc his shots more and have teammates that can take advantage of the situation when he's being double teamed to give him some room to do his thing.

Anyway, that was a tangeant. laugh.gif Stanford didn't seem to have too much trouble this year by fielding a small team. I think that if we get a starting lineup of Isaac Hines, Leonard Hopkins, Calvin Watson, Chris White, and another good shooter...we have a very good shot at coming out #1 in the Belt.

Of course what will be missed are Shawnson and DeGrate's power dunks. ph34r.gif

Edited by Gakusei

I hate that they repealed that rule.  It is that rule alone that has given the smaller schools a way to get quality recruits when the bigger schools reached their quota.

I think you are correct. The teams it helps most are the big time programs that lose undergradulates to the NBA.