Very Quiet On The Recruiting Front

The transfer market has really been heating up across the country but we haven’t heard anything from UNT or even had graduate transfers tied to UNT. We also haven’t seen any offers extended to high school or JUCO players since early February.

I know it’s tough with the current circumstances, but we are seeing movement across the country. Currently two spots to work with. The lack of JUCO and HS offers lately makes me wonder if we’re evaluating the busy transfer market.

• Upvote 5

i agree it has been quiet. I think this program is intentionally under the radar. They kind of did the same thing last year with Hamlet, Reese, Deng, and Bell.

If it wasn't for verbal commits, I'm not sure we would know anything about this team's recruiting. They really don't recruit local, or at least openly recruit local.

My personal opinion is that McCasland plays the long game with big time local talent and they go hard after jucos based on the recommendation of their trusted sources all over the country.

Long game meaning...,"Hey, if something doesn't work out, you'll always have a home here at North Texas"

or "Hey why don't you come play your last year at home for North Texas. Your parents can come see you play and you will get your master's taken care of."

I'm hoping this is the strategy for all that talent that came out of dfw last year. Especially those Denton Guyer boys.

GMG

On 4/2/2020 at 12:28 PM, Coach Andy Mac said:

I have no worries in regards to Mccaslands ability to land quality talent year in year out.  Same for Coach Jon Hedlund  and Coach Rodney.   I wish I could say the same for other programs *cough*

"I have no worries in regards to Mccaslands ability to land quality talent year in year out.  Same for Coach Jon Hedlund  and Coach Rodney. "  Amen to that!

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1