Wow! WKU lands highly touted 4⭐️ Zion Harmon

58 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Stansbury dropping some big 💰💰💰 

Also apparently the kid is very selfish, and has transferred several times in HS to be the best player. Doubt he stays if WKU doesn’t win a championship 

Also, very odd 

Wow and Basset being back I’m thinking WKU will be favored to win it all again no?

CUSA needs stars who can grab national attention.

Bassey was going to be that guy this year before getting hurt.

The current membership hasn't had a player drafted since our own Tony Mitchell when we were still in the Belt (20130.  The last player drafted after playing in CUSA?

• 2010 - Jerome Jordan (Tulsa)

I welcome more talent in the conference but the fact that WKU continues the land these guys w/out really improving their draft stock is...um...interesting.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

WKU has the brand to bring in one or two extremely high profile recruits.  Maybe not every season but it sure seems like it.

But, you know.... 78-72 and all. 🤣

I mean the last championship for them was 2013, and they’ve had like six 4&5 ️.

Lol all that money can’t even buy a championship 😂😂

• Lovely Take 2

3 hours ago, jdennis82 said:

CUSA needs stars who can grab national attention.

Bassey was going to be that guy this year before getting hurt.

The current membership hasn't had a player drafted since our own Tony Mitchell when we were still in the Belt (20130.  The last player drafted after playing in CUSA?

• 2010 - Jerome Jordan (Tulsa)

I welcome more talent in the conference but the fact that WKU continues the land these guys w/out really improving their draft stock is...um...interesting.

It’s really interesting when you think about it. Several nba players, but no drafted

I say Hamlet gets drafted after next year!!!

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

WKU is the CUSA flagship basketball program based on their history.

With Bassey  returning after an injury redshirt and Hollingworth who I thought was the second best player in the league last year, WKU will be loaded nest year..  Add in freshman senaation Rawls plus Carson Williams and they will be favored to win the league.  

NT will return 4 starters from their championship team, but I don't think they repeat unless they can get some difference making recruits. 

Bell, Simmons, Reese, Hamlet and Gibson are not going to be enough to win CUSA.  NT must get help in the front court.

The very positive is to look at McCasland last class.   That group particularly the transfers was excellent.   With a championship year to sell, McCasland should do even better this recruiting year. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

WKU is the CUSA flagship basketball program based on their history.

With Bassey  returning after an injury redshirt and Hollingworth who I thought was the second best player in the league last year, WKU will be loaded nest year..  Add in freshman senaation Rawls plus Carson Williams and they will be favored to win the league.  

NT will return 4 starters from their championship team, but I don't think they repeat unless they can get some difference making recruits. 

Bell, Simmons, Reese, Hamlet and Gibson are not going to be enough to win CUSA.  NT must get help in the front court.

The very positive is to look at McCasland last class.   That group particularly the transfers was excellent.   With a championship year to sell, McCasland should do even better this recruiting year. 

It’s really gonna be NT and WKU at the top. Now the age old question is, can WKU actually do anything with the loaded team? The world may never know

• Upvote 1

WKU is in a unique position. They are  probably the second best program in the Kentucky/Tennessee region and coupled with their history of success, are attractive to kids from that area. 

To clarify, because I think it confused some, after Kentucky signs their national class, WKU is one of the most attractive programs in that region for kids that want to play close to home.  They don't have a lot of competition around there.  I would guess Cincy is pretty close as well.  Just a thought.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1