A beautiful dream

eulessismore

8 hours ago, cogido said:

Yeah, but in my dream Mason Fine threw a sixty-five yard Hail Mary with no time left on the clock to give the Dallas Cowboys a Super Bowl win over the 49ers. The Mean Green beat Alabama for the national championship. I had a date every night of the week with a different Dallas Cowboy cheerleader !  Then the jailer woke us up and emptied out the drunk tank.  (Oh by the way, I was in the 82nd Airborne so I think we may suffer from the same dream disorder) ✈️

It is obvious that during your JMPI your Jumpmaster repeatedly failed to check your modified chin strap assembly. This in conjunction with a piss poor PLF resulted in your brain pan slamming against the drop zone.   Depending on which Company you were in jump school this was referred to as ate up, soup sandwich, or ooh ahh medivac and quite possibly all three.  You should probably beat your boots.

I am sure as any good paratrooper you embraced the suck and drove on in a LGOP to create chaos, or since you were at Bragg you got your ass off or Sicily and Normandy. 

Please ensure while you continue your drinking as a combat sport (yes to a paratrooper drinking is a sport) you ensure your slide fastener is in the up and secured position, your PT belt is safely secured low around your waist, sit back and enjoy your flight. The DZSO says winds are 3-5 knots. We will get your knees in the breeze shortly.

I have found in my old age, that I no longer call them dreams, it is more along the line of "my check liver light is on, did that really happen?"

Jumpers remove your head from your fourth point of contact and Hit It!

PLF.jpg.5780a00783fdfa8acebef12f2b72666d.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

.....and not landing on their feet?........😎

Silver, I think you're a good guy, but you were not, apparently, in the 82nd Airborne Division, or otherwise a paratrooper. I did qualify that I was not a "Golden Knight", but perhaps I should also clarify that I never did sport parachuting. Military style parachuting, as ipd054 references, does not end with a "standing landing", as is possible with a "sport parachute", but rather a "plf", or "parachute landing fall", which begins with the toes and progresses along the side of the legs and back.

I did have one bad landing, but it was NOTHING. Anyway, to my fellow Airborne troopers out there, "drive on" and "dream on"!

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

23 hours ago, golfingomez said:

guys... things are going really well.. .i just completed the 2021 season on NCAA 13...

as an update, we moved to the Big 12 in 2020, and although the first two years have not produced a national championship, we have won the Rose Bowl... the flipping longhorns beat us last year though... we just fell behind early and couldn't make up the deficit.

although there was a lot of pressure on me as the head coach, i decided to go ahead and sign a contract extension over the next 4 years to stay in Denton.

I thought I had heard that they were going to start making the NCAA franchise again.

or is it just wishful thinking?

Wishful thinking at this point.  There has been some progress over the last year with allowing player to get paid for their likeness, not final just progress.  It is closer to possible now but there are a bunch of hurdles to get over before any game returns 

On 3/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, eulessismore said:

Silver, I think you're a good guy, but you were not, apparently, in the 82nd Airborne Division, or otherwise a paratrooper. I did qualify that I was not a "Golden Knight", but perhaps I should also clarify that I never did sport parachuting. Military style parachuting, as ipd054 references, does not end with a "standing landing", as is possible with a "sport parachute", but rather a "plf", or "parachute landing fall", which begins with the toes and progresses along the side of the legs and back.

I did have one bad landing, but it was NOTHING. Anyway, to my fellow Airborne troopers out there, "drive on" and "dream on"!

Exactly correct...and I did a bunch of sport parachuting and I can tell you this...I did not always land on my feet either! Sometimes, I just didn't make it happen...but, you know what? Any landing that one gets up and walks away from with a smile on their face was a good one. One of the most "fun" things I did while in the Air Force was to join a group of sport jumpers and learn how to free fall.....Sooooooo much fun....well, except that one time I got blown way off course because I wasn't paying close enough attention...but, that's another story in itself! Ha!

Thank you for your service Airborne!

• Upvote 3