‘21 WDE Offer: Jayden Gray: Eaton HS (Haslet): 3 Star - .8416

UNTLifer

6’3”. 235 lbs 

Offer posted on Twitter  

Also holds offers from TX Southern, San Antonio Community College and Va Tech. 

https://247sports.com/player/jayden-gray-46100308/

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9688484/5da4b617066b7e13e0996d5a

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

He just committed to us. The defense just got better. After watching his tape, he reminds me of Hamilton. I really like this pick up.

Nice! Hope these moves are a precursor to a move to a 4-3. Mccrae, Pickett, Jacobi Johnson, and these two HS DEs would form a heck of a future DE rotation

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Nice! Hope these moves are a precursor to a move to a 4-3. Mccrae, Pickett, Jacobi Johnson, and these two HS DEs would form a heck of a future DE rotation

Whew that just got me excited! Johnson I feel like is gonna be like Zach Orr. I just have that feeling

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I wonder how committed he is

He retweeted a DCTF article on his commitment to North Texas three hours after he posted this. Regardless two athletic DE's who would likely have bigger offer sheets if not for the current events are committed here early, that's way different than the past.

This is a welcome change of pace and we shouldn't downplay both Eric Mathies and Galen Scott's ability to recruit in addition to Mike Ekeler and Clay Jennings. I have a feeling we are going to get some studs on that side of the ball this class.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I just thought it a little odd given his recent commitment to post all his offers. Don’t often see that. 

Yes you do, kids always post their offers even after committing.  This year will look alot different in the recruiting world.  Kids are having to commit to secure a spot before ever being able to be on campus, take a visit, or attend a camp.  This year more than ever we should expect change etc all the way to signing day.  These are KIDS trying to make the best decision, in a time of complete uncertainty.  I really hope the adults on this board and in this world extend a little grace to these kids as they try and figure all this out.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yes you do, kids always post their offers even after committing.  This year will look alot different in the recruiting world.  Kids are having to commit to secure a spot before ever being able to be on campus, take a visit, or attend a camp.  This year more than ever we should expect change etc all the way to signing day.  These are KIDS trying to make the best decision, in a time of complete uncertainty.  I really hope the adults on this board and in this world extend a little grace to these kids as they try and figure all this out.  

NO!   You give your word as a commitment, and you should immediately bleed Mean Green like the rest of us!!!1!1!!

Unless the ones changing their minds are ballers who were previously committed to other schools, changing their minds to North Texas.  In that case, they made a wise choice!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I just thought it a little odd given his recent commitment to post all his offers. Don’t often see that. 

Yeah weird And new to me too.

would like to see him brag about his new Mean Green family. Start retweeting the coaches and interacting with your fellow class commits. Maybe he will do that.

• Upvote 3

On 4/7/2020 at 10:41 AM, greenminer said:

Yeah weird And new to me too.

would like to see him brag about his new Mean Green family. Start retweeting the coaches and interacting with your fellow class commits. Maybe he will do that.

Bragging about the Mean Green, retweeting the coaches, and interacting with your fellow class means nothing. Kade Renfro did the same for months before he unceremoniously dropped us when he started getting P5 offers. The biggest difference with this kid is that he has a P5 offer and still chose us. When Renfro chose us, he didn't have P5s yet. Because of that distinct difference I feel better about us holding onto him. Not him bragging, retweeting, and interacting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Venson said:

Bragging about the Mean Green, retweeting the coaches, and interacting with your fellow class means nothing. Kade Renfro did the same for months before he unceremoniously dropped us when he started getting P5 offers. The biggest difference with this kid is that he has a P5 offer and still chose us. When Renfro chose us, he didn't have P5s yet. Because of that distinct difference I feel better about us holding onto him. Not him bragging, retweeting, and interacting. 

Renfro's recommitment means nothing is for sure, not that it means nothing at all.  Personally, I think it's pretty cool to see the future Mean Greeners interacting with each other.  Dreaming big.  Talking about taking things to a new level.  etc

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Renfro's recommitment means nothing is for sure, not that it means nothing at all.  Personally, I think it's pretty cool to see the future Mean Greeners interacting with each other.  Dreaming big.  Talking about taking things to a new level.  etc

I like to see them do it as well. I just do not think it's an indication of their commitment. Now if I see him starting to attend other camps and tweeting about it like Renfro did, then I will start to question his commitment

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Is this kid still committed? Has nothing on his Twitter about being committed and see nothing but how excited he his to get new offers from northwestern and FIU. Has a visit with SFA according to his Twitter. 

He has #GMG and an April 22nd tweet from us on his feed.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2020 at 5:23 PM, Venson said:

Well, my belief that he might stay because he had at least one P5 offer when he committed to us didn't age well.. Damn. 

• Haha 2