The Presidential pardon power needs more limits

On 3/17/2020 at 1:31 PM, Skipper said:

The presidential pardon offers convicted criminals a second chance to become productive members of society and make different choices. More importantly, pardons can be used to correct mistakes made by

View Full Article

When Ford pardoned Nixon, that should've been the sign to tighten the rules around presidential pardons. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

On 3/17/2020 at 12:31 PM, Skipper said:

The presidential pardon offers convicted criminals a second chance to become productive members of society and make different choices. More importantly, pardons can be used to correct mistakes made by

View Full Article

Another Trump is evil article;Surprise!
Look back on the others and judge them the same if you dare.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

Good is a relative term. There are things he does that makes me shake my head. However my issue is with those who act like the others in DC are different.  Trump does/says the same things Obama did he is chastised but the same people had no problem when Obama did it. I love the clips where they show the responses from people to issues where both Presidents did the same thing yet they praised Obama and villanize Trump.

Seems like people really don't want someone who says what they think, but rather are Ok knowing their elected politicians are lying to them as long as they do it behind their backs.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Good is a relative term. There are things he does that makes me shake my head. However my issue is with those who act like the others in DC are different.  Trump does/says the same things Obama did he is chastised but the same people had no problem when Obama did it. I love the clips where they show the responses from people to issues where both Presidents did the same thing yet they praised Obama and villanize Trump.

Seems like people really don't want someone who says what they think, but rather are Ok knowing their elected politicians are lying to them as long as they do it behind their backs.

But there are plenty of those that fact check Presidents, politicians and the like.  Trump lies more than anyone in government,  past or present, and its not even close.  So who exactly wants to be lied to?  Please help me understand how someone supports this President.  I truly want to know.  

Edited by HoustonEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, HoustonEagle said:

But there are plenty of those that fact check Presidents, politicians and the like.  Trump lies more than anyone in government,  past or present, and its not even close.  So who exactly wants to be lied to?  Please help me understand how someone supports this President?  I truly want to know.  

It wouldn't do any good because nothing anyone says will convince you. It is a pointless argument. You either support the man or you don't. Three years of desperate investigations led to NOTHING except further dividing the country. Let it go.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

Is he a good person? 

Good is a relative term and he probably  isn't in your book. I believe he is generously trying to help the country, however. I for one like his policies, and that's what is really important, isn't it?

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Good is a relative term and he probably  isn't in your book. I believe he is generously trying to help the country, however. I for one like his policies, and that's what is really important, isn't it?

tap dance GIF

This is so hard for Trump’s fans.   A lot of them are folks who would never do/say some of the things he’s done/said....  so they’re forced to dodge this very simple question because their truthful answer might make them look hypocritical.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

22 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

tap dance GIF

This is so hard for Trump’s fans.   A lot of them are folks who would never do/say some of the things he’s done/said....  so they’re forced to dodge this very simple question because their truthful answer might make them look hypocritical.

Yes, and I'm sure you are comfortable speaking on behalf of all "Trump fans" everywhere since you have the absolute moral authority.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, Hunter Green said:

Yes, and I'm sure you are comfortable speaking on behalf of all "Trump fans" everywhere since you have the absolute moral authority.

I am, yes.  They're pretty stigmatized.

I mean, 
It was a very simple question ("Is he a good person?")...  but you have your reasons to tap-dance.  I don't care why, it's just an observation. 
I didn't vote for President Obama, and I didn't agree with several of his stances, but I'd feel fine saying he's a good person.

Another odd thing about the same kind of person I'm talking about is that for some reason, any kind of criticism of the President Trump is taken personally instead of just a criticism of yet another corrupted, selfish, elected official.  No, for some reason, Trump's fans feel the need to defend this scumbag like he's their own son because they put a check next to his name on a ballot one time.   That person is not you, is it?  I did get a mysterious "-1" just before your post...

Would you give a flip if people were saying the same things about Representative Burgess? John Cornyn?  I assume you put checks next to their names as well.

Face it:  President Trump ain't a "good person".

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I am, yes.  They're pretty stigmatized.

I mean, 
It was a very simple question ("Is he a good person?")...  but you have your reasons to tap-dance.  I don't care why, it's just an observation. 
I didn't vote for President Obama, and I didn't agree with several of his stances, but I'd feel fine saying he's a good person.

Another odd thing about the same kind of person I'm talking about is that for some reason, any kind of criticism of the President Trump is taken personally instead of just a criticism of yet another corrupted, selfish, elected official.  No, for some reason, Trump's fans feel the need to defend this scumbag like he's their own son because they put a check next to his name on a ballot one time.   That person is not you, is it?  I did get a mysterious "-1" just before your post...

Would you give a flip if people were saying the same things about Representative Burgess? John Cornyn?  I assume you put checks next to their names as well.

Face it:  President Trump ain't a "good person".

So, based on your view, who was the last "Good Person" that was President?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

On 3/23/2020 at 2:13 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

I answered that in the post you quoted.

So when he had the "cages" built for children at the Border, he was a "good" man?

When he sent a literal plane load of cash to Iran, that he knew would help fund terrorism, he was a good man?

I think all of them do some good and some bad. Trump and Obama included

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

So when he had the "cages" built for children at the Border, he was a "good" man?

When he sent a literal plan load of cash to Iran, that he knew would help fund terrorism, he was a good man?

I think all of them do some good and some bad. Trump and Obama included

But both of those examples seem political, and not testimonies of his character.
Again, there are tons of political reasons I'm not a fan of President Obama, but he seems to be a good person. 
Not a perfect person, no one is, but someone I could at least trust to not purposefully inflame an already fragile relationship with a cold rival by referring to a global pandemic as "The Chinese Flu" or "Kung Flu".  How sorry is that?   
Let's not even bring up where he likes to grab unwitting females, or the very odd comments about his own daughter that 99.99999999% of fathers would never even think, let alone say.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

56 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

When he sent a literal plan load of cash to Iran, that he knew would help fund terrorism, he was a good man?

The Iran-US Claims Tribunal acknowledged this as a debt that we owed.

The Tribunal consists of nine Members, three appointed by each Government and three (third-country) Members appointed by the six Government-appointed Members.

Obama did not voluntarily or willingly handed a bunch of free cash over to a known terrorist country.

Maybe Obama could have ignored/delayed it.  I think Trump would have just made a circus out of this.  He probably wouldn't pay it, but it would be an idiot move.  The debt was internationally recognized and would not just disappear.  Was there interest on it? I don't know.

I voted for Obama, but did not like some of his Presidential moves.  Inversly, I am okay with some of Trumps efforts.

Right now, I think the entire political environment is a mess.  I wish Trump never had a mic again, that he'd just shut up and do his job.  His language - unlike Obama - is mostly divisive (IMO).  Not a man I would consider full of grace.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2