Has the Corona Virus infected anyone you know?

27 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Sad to hear this and can't believe folks think this is funny.

Yea - I don't find it funny, but also think in hindsight (and to most people also at the time) an in person rally in Tulsa (especially without social distancing measures in place) was not a good idea. I certainly feel for his family and loves ones and would not wish anyone to contract this illness.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

I think this is filed under the 'win stupid prizes' or 'Darwin Awards' section. That is chuckle worthy. 

Though his family didn't make him play those stupid games or test evolutionary fate. I am sorry for their loss. Losing a father, grandparent or sibling is terrible. I wish he took more care and didn't espouse the downplaying of this virus. The picture of him without mask at the Tulsa Rally will be the image I see when I hear his name... forever. It overtook the 9-9-9 plan. 

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

And Rubio wasn't the only GOP Senator to make that error... which is even crazier. 

But, let's be real here. I am happy that Rubio was actually paying tribute to a good man who died. Unlike the President who couldn't be bothered to go pay tribute to Mr. Lewis. 

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

And Rubio wasn't the only GOP Senator to make that error... which is even crazier. 

But, let's be real here. I am happy that Rubio was actually paying tribute to a good man who died. Unlike the President who couldn't be bothered to go pay tribute to Mr. Lewis. 

and who tried to call a press conference while Obama was giving the eulogy

8 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Whether or not that is how I reacted, feel free to send all the negatives my way. Him and the co-founder of TPUSA dying should, but won't, wake some people up.

why should it wake people up?  should we never leave the house and live in fear of not going out?  should we all wear a mask 100% of the time?  

two people died of covid...do we know exactly where they contracted it?  no.  Could they have gotten it from grabbing take out...getting gas....buying a beer?  sure.  Damn, this isn't an exact science and no one knows shit.  sucks 2 folks died, but people die.  doesn't mean they deserve it(not saying you said that) or that we should all wake up...damn...there is no 1 reason for this or why someone died or how they contracted it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

Again, it's a strawman argument. No one is asking you to stay home and live in fear. People are being asked to be careful and practice the behaviors that will help curb this pandemic. 

That is what people need to wake up to. Going to a large gathering in a town with a rising covid count and explicitly not wearing a mask to show how much this is a hoax... That is reckless. It puts other people at risk. 

It's very easy to be not go out and be preacher of ignorance. That is what Herman did (his family deleted his tweet he made prior to the Tulsa rally  btw). That's what our president does by repping medicine that does not work, can be dangerous and shares videos from a lady who is dangerously crazy. Demon sex? Alien DNA? For the love of God.

It's not true to say that "no one knows shit" and this isn't a "science." When clearly those are both are both incorrect, but *you* keep trying to spread that doubt.. 

Masks work. Distancing works. Washing hands works. WHO does not advise to go maskless. Vaccines do save lives. Do not go to large gatherings. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Again, it's a strawman argument. No one is asking you to stay home and live in fear. People are being asked to be careful and practice the behaviors that will help curb this pandemic. 

That is what people need to wake up to. Going to a large gathering in a town with a rising covid count and explicitly not wearing a mask to show how much this is a hoax... That is reckless. It puts other people at risk. 

It's very easy to be not go out and be preacher of ignorance. That is what Herman did (his family deleted his tweet he made prior to the Tulsa rally  btw). That's what our present who wants to rep medicine that does not work, can be dangerous and shares videos from a lady who is dangerously crazy. Demon sex? Alien DNA? For the love of God.

It's not true to say that "no one knows shit" and this isn't a "science." When clearly those are both are both incorrect, but *you* keep trying to spread that doubt.. 

Masks work. Distancing works. Washing hands works. WHO does not advise to go maskless. Vaccines do save lives. Do not go to large gatherings. 

no one knows shit and it isn't an exact science was referring to how he contracted covid.  you can say he did at the rally, i can say he did getting gas, no one knows shit and it isn't an exact science to know where someone contracted the virus.  i am not trying to spread doubt...i am saying that no one knows exactly where he got it (thus exact science and that no one knows shit)  we can all speculate, but no one knows for sure, so why don't *you* quit trying to spread ackowledgement of something that you don't know about.

• Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

My bad, you were just getting bothered that people are implying he got it at the rally. But there is a science to exposure - there literally is a whole field dedicated to it. So I bet they could walk his history from rally to hospital and come up with an accurate guess of where his likely picked it up. 

But that doesn't matter - BECAUSE we do know he didn't believe in masks and made poor choices about distancing. I don't care if he got it at the rally or not. He was bound to get it with being a covid jackass - looking right into the mouth of the pandemic and using his audience to spread fake information.  That is the story.  And as they say - that leopard ate his face. 

I never claimed he got it at the rally...

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin

13 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

We do know he didn't believe in masks and made poor choices about distancing. I don't care if he got it at the rally or not. He was bound to get it with being a covid jackass - looking right into the mouth of the pandemic and using his audience to spread fake information. 

Where he got it does not make a difference in this story.

shocker, we disagree...it does matter when people make it look like he got it at a presidential rally, that's political panderin and pathetic. people that are doing things 100% correctly can still get it.  shit happens.  a prominent poster (not you) here has tweeted that he doesn't feel bad for those that got it and died while attending the tulsa trump rally...that's a problem when no one knows where he contracted it.  that's misinformation.

i hope you don't get it, i hope i don't get it, but if we do, it doesn't mean we did anything wrong. it means we got it, nothing more, nothing less.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1