Has the Corona Virus infected anyone you know?

3 hours ago, CMJ said:

I guess

Other than hearing the good news that your family is doing fine this is about the only sure thing out there for us to go by.  A guess.

But if we’re gonna destroy people’s lives & their lively hoods, harm if not destroy entire industries, attempt to limit constitutional rights controlling people by telling them where they can go and can’t , what they can and cannot buy, destroy the economy, put millions out of work, indirectly place others at unnecessary risk by shutting down the every day health system while adding even more untold massive debt we’ll never pay back,...then excuse me if I ask for there to be a little more than a GUESS as for a reason for it all.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, Quoner said:

Funny isn’t it, how the mega-money funded government agency tabbed with the responsibility to keep up with such things is weeks behind in their reporting...

7437D534-CC9D-413C-B972-DFAC36DEA3B2.png.7eeef0ce5f8cb27e10d1813f9656c40e.png

But an online community website like Worldometers.com is all over it like Scrappy at a squirrel convention?

0BB00726-EF74-47C5-81D2-EF764970C9FA.png.6d78d1c4e8afc696fe2d8b3ba77bd24a.png

I wonder if since worldometers has a “send us your story” page kind of like Wikipedia if that’s why they are so amazingly accurate?

C34DFE77-90B4-4BA7-8DFE-2727F96BC4F4.png.fe8ff099aff160191d6b459edb311993.png

• Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

32 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Funny isn’t it, how the mega-money funded government agency tabbed with the responsibility to keep up with such things is weeks behind in their reporting...

But an online community website like Worldometers.com is all over it like Scrappy at a squirrel convention?

I wonder if since worldometers has a “send us your story” page kind of like Wikipedia if that’s why they are so amazingly accurate?

The MO in this thread is post something unvetted or your own guess, challenge science to prove you wrong because sound scientific method takes time, cry "see!?", wait for the data to catch up, disavow being wrong and move on to the next thing you read in your partisan research.

Little concern that the dead could now fill the Arizona State stadium, just a desire to... not really sure. Win coronavirus? Preserve skepticism in amber for future generations? Just ask the tough questions?

• Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

29 minutes ago, Quoner said:

The MO in this thread is post something unvetted or your own guess, challenge science to prove you wrong because sound scientific method takes time, cry "see!?", wait for the data to catch up, disavow being wrong and move on to the next thing you read in your partisan research.

Little concern that the dead could now fill the Arizona State stadium, just a desire to... not really sure. Win coronavirus? Preserve skepticism in amber for future generations? Just ask the tough questions?

Well that’s what discussions are for I suppose?

I’ll put you down as a yes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

On 5/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, KRAM1 said:

Not out of what is expected. More people being tested means more people testing positive. Simple.

Yeah nothing to do with opening up the state too soon. And I guess more positives means...we're all just gonna be fine and dandy? Trying to understand your point here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 4

23 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Yeah nothing to do with opening up the state too soon. And I guess more positives means...we're all just gonna be fine and dandy? Trying to understand your point here. 

i assume his point is that a bigger sample size leads to a bigger number of positives...not a hard thing to grasp

ask 100 people where north texas is located, maybe 50 get it

ask 1000 people where north texas is located, maybe 200 get it

larger sample size, more correct answers, or in this case, more positives...common sense

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 3

58 minutes ago, THOR said:

i assume his point is that a bigger sample size leads to a bigger number of positives...not a hard thing to gras

Yes, and it's bad if a whole lot more people test positive for this illness...not a hard thing to grasp. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

Yes, and it's bad if a whole lot more people test positive for this illness...not a hard thing to grasp. 

ok....i was just stating his point that you didn't understand

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, Coffee and TV said:

No you aren’t. You are just wanting to carry out your narrative. You actually never want to understand anyone else’s point. But, sure...carry on.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

No you aren’t. You are just wanting to carry out your narrative. You actually never want to understand anyone else’s point. But, sure...carry on.

He stated the obvious after I posted a story about a spike in Georgia cases, there was never really any point to be made. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, KRAM1 said:

it does seem like that those that are on the side of keeping things shutdown don't see the other sides point of view of opening things up.  i get why they want it to stay shutdown....less stores open, less chance of spread, more time to find a vaccine, etc....i totally get that, i just dont believe that it is right.  those that want to keep things shut down are on the doom and gloom side.  maybe their state/city is bad and overrun with covid...i don't know...i don't see overrun hospitals, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.  i could link studies/facts that say that anyone under 60 and healthy should work...other folks could link studies/facts that says we can't expose any one to this...who knows what side is right.

we are allowed to go to walmart with 300 folks inside, target that has a 200 person limit (had to wait about 30 seconds today to get into target), yet a small business or bar isn't allowed to open and make money for themselves and their employers...i truly don't understand that.  i am out and about every damn day and will continue to do that.  i believe that we need to do this and support the businesses...maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm right...who the hell knows, but i'm not gonna let the miniscule chance of getting covid stop me from living.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, THOR said:

it does seem like that those that are on the side of keeping things shutdown don't see the other sides point of view of opening things up.  NO...WE 100% "SEE IT"...IT'S JUST SELFISH, STUPID AND IGNORES SCIENCE. i get why they want it to stay shutdown....less stores open, less chance of spread, more time to find a vaccine, etc....i totally get that, i just dont believe that it is right.  OHH...YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT? those that want to keep things shut down are on the doom and gloom side.  IT'S A douchebagING GLOBAL PANDEMIC, ASS. maybe their state/city is bad and overrun with covid...i don't know...i don't see overrun hospitals, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.  LOOK HARDER. i could link studies/facts that say that anyone under 60 and healthy should work...other folks could link studies/facts that says we can't expose any one to this...who knows what side is right. PROBABLY THE STUDIES FROM THE WHO, CDC AND NOT TOM'S FREEDOM BLOG

we are allowed to go to walmart with 300 folks inside, target that has a 200 person limit (had to wait about 30 seconds today to get into target), yet a small business or bar isn't allowed to open and make money for themselves and their employers...i truly don't understand that.  1. SPACE TO ALLOW FOR DISTANCING 2. CONTACT WITH SURFACE AREAS 3.  ESSENTIAL NEEDS i am out and about every damn day and will continue to do that.  WELL...YOU'RE A DICK. i believe that we need to do this and support the businesses...maybe i'm wrong, maybe i'm right...who the hell knows, but i'm not gonna let the miniscule chance of getting covid stop me from living. SITTING AT THE BAR AT FUZZY'S IS LIVING? THAT'S THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT YOU'RE GONNA DIE OVER?

I guess what I don't understand...in the minds of those insistent this is a hoax, over-blown by the media, and infringing on their god-given freedoms...what exactly is the end game for those championing the idea of staying home? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I guess what I don't understand...in the minds of those insistent this is a hoax, over-blown by the media, and infringing on their god-given freedoms...what exactly is the end game for those championing the idea of staying home? 

More time for Smash, Fortnite and Valorant of course.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

39 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

thanks for calling me a dick because i'm not scared and staying inside...thanks for calling me a dick because i'm not afraid of a disease that has shown that if you are under 60 and healthy, you pretty much have no fear of death....thanks for calling me a dick because i believe different than you and can also show that science studies that show it's ok to go outside...thanks for calling me a dick...man, you really need to relax...no reason to call someone that believes differently than you a dick...but thank you, i accept all your reasons and beliefs  and don't mind if you believe differently from me...you're not a dick, apparently, i am the dick

and to answer the question quoted, instead of just your response to my statements, i don't believe this is a hoax.  i do believe it is overblown.  not worried about infringing on freedoms, i just want all businesses to have the opportunity to survive and all workers to be able to work and earn money.  i have no idea what the end game is for staying at home.

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, greenminer said:

@THOR in your opinion, what would justify a quarantine/shelter-in-place order?  Seeing the IR back up at or above 1.2? X number of deaths per day?

honestly, i don't have a clue, but i think much more than what is going on now.  in denton county, there have been (updated today) 803 total cases, 389 are active, 392 have recovered, and 22 deaths....with a total population of almost 900k...so .089% of the county has had it/has it.....00244% of those ending in death...those aren't numbers that i believe we should shut the county down, especially when young/healthy people have almost nothing to worry about.

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1