Has the Corona Virus infected anyone you know?

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Or I could have circled back to The Onion.  You and your buddies are so predictable.  Never post anything about North Texas, games, etc... but jump in at a moments notice when you can entertain us with your wit, humor and stereotypical comments about fellow posters.   So predictable.  Carry on.

My buddies? You mean, not the 2 people posting with you here on the non-unt sports forum? Most of my North Texas discussions are done on text messages and side conversations. I have life-long friends because of these boards and am thankful for them. We don't post for you - we post around you, because you suck ass. Your contributions are bad, your posts are bad, your inability to pick spots are bad and this board would improve 4000% if you cut your posts by 75% tomorrow. You're a weed that won't stop growing and since you've been here awhile, look around and ask yourself where so many familiar names and faces went - and why.

I've backed way off and life is better - give it a shot and in the meantime, I look forward to your dedication to slapping -1 on everything I post because you have nothing else worth doing or people who want to talk to you in real life.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, Quoner said:

My buddies? You mean, not the 2 people posting with you here on the non-unt sports forum? Most of my North Texas discussions are done on text messages and side conversations. I have life-long friends because of these boards and am thankful for them. We don't post for you - we post around you, because you suck ass. Your contributions are bad, your posts are bad, your inability to pick spots are bad and this board would improve 4000% if you cut your posts by 75% tomorrow. You're a weed that won't stop growing and since you've been here awhile, look around and ask yourself where so many familiar names and faces went - and why.

I've backed way off and life is better - give it a shot and in the meantime, I look forward to your dedication to slapping -1 on everything I post because you have nothing else worth doing or people who want to talk to you in real life.

this thread is just the most meta thing this board has ever done

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

....”Lawmakers from both sides removed masks when taking turns at the lecterns on the House floor.

Speaker Nancy Pelsosi pulled the white bandanna she was using down around her neckwhile she gave a speech in support of the $484 billion relief package, which sailed through on a 388-5 vote”....

Thank goodness that’s all she pulled off. 

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

48 minutes ago, Quoner said:

@UNTLifer makes a good point though.  We could simply consider y’all as the Mean Green version of The Onion....only not as good?

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 5

5 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

@UNTLifer makes a good point though.  We could simply consider y’all as the Mean Green version of The Onion....only not as good?

Rick

So the Babylon Bee? Cool with me. 

I'm glad you and Lifer have found common ground after how much time you spent dragging him over RV. There's truly hope for all of us to unite around athletics in the future.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Don’t believe me?  Google ozone therapy and look at why it is utilized in patients. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2020/04/24/federal-judge-orders-dallas-clinic-to-stop-promoting-ozone-therapy-as-treatment-for-coronavirus/

Just in case anyone else reading this is taking this as still a reasonable thing.

"This defendant preyed on public fear, peddling bogus treatments that had absolutely no effect against COVID-19,” U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas Erin Nealy Cox said in a prepared statement. “As we’ve said in past COVID-19 civil cases: The Department of Justice will not permit anyone to exploit a pandemic for personal gain.”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, keith said:

Thanks for posting this article. My wife who has been on a ventilator many times in the past (including having a tracheotomy and  being tethered to one for over 6 months at one time) told me treatment like this  (using UV light) would seem sensible. This validates her belief. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Quoner said:

So sensitive.  Go on the attack, call people names, criticize their posts.  Again, very predictable.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 5

58 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

So sensitive.  Go on the attack, call people names, criticize their posts.  Again, very predictable.

You spend a ton of energy on this board singling out people. You may not think you’re very critical, but i see someone who spends a lot of time “attacking” people in an effort to control the board. I think you’re one of the biggest “attackers” on this board, even if you don’t call names.

Youve got a huge support group.  Maybe if you started you’re own board/website, you’d feel a lot better about what happens on GMG.com.

• Upvote 7
  • Eye Roll 2

11 hours ago, Quoner said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/courts/2020/04/24/federal-judge-orders-dallas-clinic-to-stop-promoting-ozone-therapy-as-treatment-for-coronavirus/

Just in case anyone else reading this is taking this as still a reasonable thing.

"This defendant preyed on public fear, peddling bogus treatments that had absolutely no effect against COVID-19,” U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas Erin Nealy Cox said in a prepared statement. “As we’ve said in past COVID-19 civil cases: The Department of Justice will not permit anyone to exploit a pandemic for personal gain.”

he'll quote-reply every single one of your posts, but here...silence? maybe he meant "google it" rhetorically?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

he'll quote-reply every single one of your posts, but here...silence? maybe he meant "google it" rhetorically?

Actually, I decided to ignore a few posters so I don’t always see everything posted.  This is what I was referencing not as a cure but as a “potential” treatment for the Coronavirus. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3312702/#idm140320420050992title

Regarding the article about the clinic peddling bogus treatments, I was not aware of that and would agree 100% that clinics should not be preying and profiting on people’s fears with unproven treatments.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Don't be mean. He clearly meant ozone therapy, not O3. Real doctor stuff you wouldn't understand...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 3

Palmer buys 32,900,000 doses of Hydroxychloroquine for Australians

https://www.miragenews.com/palmer-buys-32-900-000-doses-of-hydroxychloroquine-for-australians/

True to his word, Clive Palmers’ Palmer Foundation has bought over 32,900,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine. Millions of doses of the drug have already arrived in Australia. The Palmer Foundation has already paid for the drug in the form of tablets and bulk pharmaceuticals.

The Palmer Foundation has donated the drug to the Australian Government to be placed on the National Medical Stockpile so it may be made available free to all Australians.

In the United States of America, President Trump has confirmed the country had 29,000,000 doses of the drug on its national medical stockpile to be available to 330 million Americans.

On the 2 April 2020, Australia’s Minister for Health, Greg Hunt announced hydroxychloroquine would be made available if doctors wish to use it to treat COVID-19 patients who are in Australian hospitals. Since that time, Australia’s death rate from COVID-19 has been the lowest in the world and the curve has flattened. Mr Hunt also congratulated Mr Palmer for the steps he was then taking to acquire hydroxychloroquine internationally, paying for the effort with his own money.

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

On 4/23/2020 at 7:01 AM, CMJ said:

Not to mention this model (the famous one that predicted 83K-240K deaths and then backed down to 60K a week or so ago) updated their projection back up to 67K last night.  After the initial backing away they are accounting for rising figures throughout the country and not just the NYC area.  Given that some states are about to take down some of their social distancing measures, i would expect they update again in another week to ten days with a higher number. 

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america

Updated once more upward to 74K deaths in this wave.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Make no mistake, the only reason Republican governors want to open back up is that it exposed just how awful the social safety nets are for this kind of catastrophe. Try calling into Texas unemployment right now and let me know how successful you are. There's people who applied 6 weeks ago who still haven't seen any money and rent is due in a few days. Opening back up simply provides the loophole for their employers and the state to say they don't qualify, and making people choose between exposing themselves to something highly contagious with a 20% chance of ending up in a hospital bed, or just trying to eat and pay rent. An added bonus is that it creates more tension and anger for the working class & directs their hate towards the small businesses who feel they have no choice after hemorrhaging money for the last month.  

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1