Has the Corona Virus infected anyone you know?

I've never gotten political, and yet I still think that a few posters here must think I have.

To go back to the earlier point, nearly all people who die from the flu have underlying medical conditions or are elderly.  Yet when it comes to this people are saying, "it's only killing people with underlying medical conditions!"

The numbers from Italy so far would correspond to 80+ thousand Americans dying of this.  And they're still losing hundreds of people per day, so on a per capita basis they are likely to go over and equivalent of 100K.  Even Vice President Pence a couple of days ago said our curve looked like Italy.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I'm done wit this thread. You guys keep on keeping on with downplaying it. Hopefully the rest of us that do take it seriously can keep flatten the curve and then when it isn't a deadly as predicted, then you can glibly do your victory dance about how right you were.. completely ignoring the irony. 

Peace out. 

To the original question about had it affected anyone we know - that lady who died in Lewisville to days ago? My good friend's mother in law's friend. But she deserved to die, because she was old with a compromised immunity.. great.

I am not downplaying anything.  I don't want anyone to die over this virus, and never, ever stated this.  I am sorry for your friend's mother-in-law's passing.  My mother is in her early 90's and the home where she lives is on strict lock down.  I agree with this action 100%.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

On 4/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Spring 2018: Trump disbanded the pandemic response team assembled under President Obama during the ebola outbreak of 2014.

July 2019: The Trump admin let go of Linda Quick, a CDC epidemiologist stationed in Beijing whose role was designed to help China detect and respond to outbreaks.

1/3 Trump learns about coronavirus outbreak in China from intelligence officials.

1/3 Trump holds Miami, FL rally.

1/4 Trump plays golf.

1/5 Trump plays golf.

1/ 8 CDC issues warning about coronavirus.

1/9 Trump holds rally in Toledo, OH.

1/14 Trump holds Milwaukee, WI rally.

1/18 Trump plays golf.

1/19 Trump plays golf.

1/20 1st US case confirmed.

1/22 Trump "...we have it totally under control. It is going to be just fine".

1/23 Hubei, China goes on lockdown

1/24 Global cases over 1,000

1/27 Trump holds Wildwood, NJ rally

1/27 Global deaths over 100

1/30 Trump holds Des Moines, IA rally.

1/31 Global cases over 10,000

1/31 Trump enacts China travel ban.

2/1 Trump plays golf.

2/2 Trump "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

2/2 Trump plays golf.

2/4 Trump award Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom. (Rush is one of the biggest deniers of COVID19)

2/5 End of impeachment

2/10 Trump holds Manchester, NH rally.

2/10 Global deaths over 1,000

2/13 Senators Richard Burr (R., N.C.) and Kelly Loeffler (R., Ga.) sold off millions of dollars in public stock following a closed-door briefing on the coronavirus

2/15 Trump plays golf.

2/19 Trump holds Phoenix, AZ rally.

2/20 Trump holds Colorado Springs, CO rally.

2/21 The first Italian cities go on lockdown

2/21 Trump hold Las Vegas, NV rally.

2/25 Trump "...we are down to 15 cases, will be zero soon."

2/27 Trump "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

2/28 Trump holds Charleston, SC rally and says worries about the virus is the new "hoax".

2/29 1st American dies from coronavirus.

3/2 Trump holds Charlotte, NC rally.

3/6 Global cases over 100,000

3/6 Trump “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”

3/7 Trump plays golf.

3/7 Trump says "No I'm not concerned at all. We've done a great job".

3/8 Trump plays golf.

3/9 The whole country of Italy goes on lockdown

3/11 CDC WHO declares SARS-CoV-2 a pandemic

3/13 Trump declares a national emergency.

3/13 Trump "No, I don't take responsibility at all".

3/17 Trump "I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic … I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

3/19 Trump enacts travel ban on European countries.

3/27 Trump signs Covid-19 relief Bill

3/28 U.S. deaths surpass 1000

4/1 U.S deaths surpass 5000.

4/3 Trump fires intelligence community inspector general who flagged Ukraine whistleblower complaint that lead to his impeachment.

4/4 "The models show hundreds of thousands of people are going to die...I want to come way under the models. The professionals did the models. I was never involved in a model. But – at least this kind of a model.”

US COVID19 cases: 301,147    
US COVID19 deaths: 8,173

More than 1000+ deaths  each of the last two days.

Not sure why anyone would down vote a post of a timeline of COVID-19, unless they just don't like facts...

• Upvote 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 5

15 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You can take your awesome inside knowledge of a country hospital and the "wellness" industry and keep spouting lies about how these deaths are reported.. that's fine. It's just not accurate.

My best friend is a director at FEMA, my other friend is emergency manager for a large city, his wife runs a state emergency department. 

My closest family member is director of safety and physician at one of the largest hospital chains... So please, keep telling me about how they are all lying about the causes of death.

You guys want to be right so badly that it keeps you from doing right. Glibly, arguing about death numbers because it takes out more people with comprised immunity or diabetes or high cholesterol or any other myriad of issues that affects way more than 50% of our population is just callous and outrageous.

If you don't flatten the curve, you impact everyone. Hospitals are overrun. Minute things become more deadly. 

so you're saying untlifer, who works in a hospital, is wrong, but yet you call on who are your friends and what they do, yet you don't see it or sit in on the meetings he does...he gets first hand information, you get second hand information...i'll take the guy that gets it from the boss instead of the guy that gets it from his friends who get it from the boss.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2

16 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Makes you wonder whether normal cats can get it. Doubt anybody really properly looked into that so far.

I am sure the view of this will change overtime like everything else has. Remember when the World Health Organization said the COVID-19 could not be passed from person to person in a January tweet.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/03/26/who-director-says-world-slow-to-react-to-covid-19-after-claiming-no-human-to-human-transmission-months-prior-901672

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THOR said:

so you're saying untlifer, who works in a hospital, is wrong, but yet you call on who are your friends and what they do, yet you don't see it or sit in on the meetings he does...he gets first hand information, you get second hand information...i'll take the guy that gets it from the boss instead of the guy that gets it from his friends who get it from the boss.

If Dr. Lifer MD is a thing now, I'd like to also congratulate you on running a brewery. Let's back up on credentialing the good doctor who has probably carefully worded his affiliation with medicine in every post for a reason?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, Quoner said:

If Dr. Lifer MD is a thing now, I'd like to also congratulate you on running a brewery. Let's back up on credentialing the good doctor who has probably carefully worded his affiliation with medicine in every post for a reason?

he never said he was a doctor, but is in on the meetings with the bosses unlike the steaminwillie who knows a friend who hears stuff

and i don't have patience to run a brewery...its my beer and i want it now!

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

21 minutes ago, THOR said:

he never said he was a doctor, but is in on the meetings with the bosses unlike the steaminwillie who knows a friend who hears stuff

and i don't have patience to run a brewery...its my beer and i want it now!

Your dog is sick. Which opinion you trust more - the friend who's wife is a veterinarian after he consults with her or the guy who designed the doggy day care room at Petsmart and is on the staffwide calls for Banfield bc they are in the same building? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Quoner said:

Your dog is sick. Which opinion you trust more - the friend who's wife is a veterinarian after he consults with her or the guy who designed the doggy day care room at Petsmart and is on the staffwide calls for Banfield bc they are in the same building? 

the problem with this example is that untlifer isn't giving his opinion.  he is stating what he is told in the meetings.  i prefer someone who is there instead of someone who isn't there, but is told things about what is going on.  who the hell knows whom to believe, but first hand knowledge is better than second hand knowledge.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

20 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You can take your awesome inside knowledge of a country hospital and the "wellness" industry and keep spouting lies about how these deaths are reported.. that's fine. It's just not accurate.

My best friend is a director at FEMA, my other friend is emergency manager for a large city, his wife runs a state emergency department. 

My closest family member is director of safety and physician at one of the largest hospital chains... So please, keep telling me about how they are all lying about the causes of death.

You guys want to be right so badly that it keeps you from doing right. Glibly, arguing about death numbers because it takes out more people with comprised immunity or diabetes or high cholesterol or any other myriad of issues that affects way more than 50% of our population is just callous and outrageous.

If you don't flatten the curve, you impact everyone. Hospitals are overrun. Minute things become more deadly. 

"Country Hospital"  Man, you are really an ass.  The hospital I work at serves a 19 county region in the Permian Basin and is far from a little ol' country hospital, but thanks for demeaning the professionals that work there every day.  The immediate region has a population of over 300,000 people and the hospital employs over 2,000 healthcare professionals.  

Have you seen the CDC directive on how to code deaths?  If not, then you are just speculating, because it was shared with me and I stated facts.  Some hospitals are overrun, some are not.  Our little ol' country hospital has cancelled all elective procedures preparing for patients, yet at this time only have 4, so we are far from being overrun.  You tell your buddies that are bigwigs in Federal Emergency and Directors of Safety that we will get to seeing people between castratin' cattle and worming calves.  Demeaning others to serve your needs tells me all I need to know about you.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

This guy must be insane?

35 year practicing epidemiologist Knute Wittkinson says this flu outbreak is not unlike most other flu outbreaks.  

Says he’s not paid by the government, he actually practices science. LOL

He also calls it the flu?  What?

Says flu outbreaks always start to end in the spring.  What?  Who knew???????????????????🤷🏻‍♂️

Says the elderly & the compromised should have been protected but that schools should have remained open to allow the virus to run its course and build heard immunity, which is what kills viruses..  .

Shelter-in-place is protecting the virus by preventing heard immunity, ensuring a second wave this fall.

CRAZY TALK!!!!!

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Ray 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

We all recognize that calling it a flu is a misnomer.  Pretty strange to see a published scientist doing the same.

Call it what you want, but realize you look like a media mouth calling Army P5 or using FBS/P5 nomenclature in the college basketball world.

here is another message board with a running thread of reactions to this video.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

On 4/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

NYC's first COVID-19 case was 3/1.

First detected case.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:56 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

and there was zero national directive until 3/13. 

So the travel ban from China wasn't a directive (which by the way is a major reason why we're just now seeing this pop up in the US).

The fact of the matter is NYC leadership did not act quickly enough and did not take it seriously enough even as late as early March when De Blasio was telling people to go about their normal lives and that everything was fine. 

But they aren't the main people to blame, though if they had acted sooner NYC could have mitigated some of this.  The entire world underestimated this because the Chinese Communist Party lied to the entire world about their numbers.  They are to blame for the whole world's lack of preparedness for this severity of this virus.

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

But they aren't the main people to blame, though if they had acted sooner NYC could have mitigated some of this.  The entire world underestimated this because the Chinese Communist Party lied to the entire world about their numbers.  They are to blame for the whole world's lack of preparedness for this severity of this virus.

Governments are definitely not the only to blame. 

How in the world in our information superhighway did a governor just this last week learn that the virus can spread through asymptomatic people?  This isn't the only pandemic in our lifetime, so why are we acting like we had no idea what to do? Why do people tend to not take things seriously unless the problem knocks on their front door?

Complacency, laziness, ignorance....existed in nearly every facet: media, experts, society, etc... There are tons of issues revealing themselves here, and it's not just political problems at the top.

These next two weeks will tell us so much.  Hopefully we will be on the other side of this together with good news.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3