Has the Corona Virus infected anyone you know?

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

Wow, he should be a sure thing cinch to vote out of office then, right?  

Rick

Might not come to that.  His language is shifting.  Almost like you can tell he know he screwed up (IMO).

I wouldn't be surprised to see RNC bosses/mega donors pressuring him to step down before the convention.

Anyways...

Hard to ignore this death toll.  If the predictions start to unfold as truth, you'll see more American deaths than under the previous 10 presidents combined.  The economy is now worse than what he inherited.  Unemployment will match/exceed the Great Recession.

It's easy to blame China for covering info up, but we knew it might be happening because they did the same with SARS.  S. Korea had a nearly identical timeline to us, but managed the curve well with testing and protocols.  What about Japan? Taiwan? Did these countries magically have the true China numbers that we did not, despite our top-of-the-world US Intelligence/Military spending?

And our nations leaders cannot even follow their own protocol.  In daily briefings, you will find them standing right next to each other.  I suppose in that huge building they cannot find one room with enough space to stand 6+ feet apart? Or we cannot put together the technology in place to have them do this virtually?

I imagine tons of lawsuits, too, both at the federal and state (NY, WA) level for the sloppy inaction at all these levels.

Also, conspiracy theory I read yesterday: the implementation of 5G is what is causing the pandemic.  The report claimed that the signal weakens your immune system and makes you extremely vulnerable to COVID19.  Apparently the towers were just installed at these major outbreak cities.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 4

On 4/2/2020 at 12:30 AM, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Restricting travel to a small area and acting like everything is ok - is too little. Manufacturing at home masks that are $.10 to order from China after we are already in a shortage - that's too late.

The phrase doesn't mean to give up. It's pointing out how the actions are just ridiculously little and late on the uptake.

I went on Ali Baba and spent $40 to get hundreds of these simple masks. They showed up in 7 days. There is not a shortage of these masks.. they are cheap and mass produced all through Asia. 

Claiming to change up the factories to make these cheap masks is a stunt. It's product placement. This president cites his ratings - like that matters. 

He puts his son in law at the head of his rag-tag tiger team on how to address this, after over s month of denying it's a problem at all. His son in law gets on Facebook and had his friend's physician dad asking for recommendations.. like they are organizing a home by room party. geez. 

Yes - they did too little. And they did that too little, too late. They need to do more substantial things.. not saying by Easter that we are going to open for business. Or that the hot weather will kill it ( it's summer in Australia and Argentina right now). Or that some cocktail of drugs is be a miracle (too potentially lessen symptoms, not cute or prevent). Or t0 keep claiming that we have tested more than Korea and they called us up to say how awesome we are at testing (per capita they've tested 40x more than us and track origins of outbreaks). Or that 40% of our country is unaffected by this (that's landmass, not population). Or to keep purposely confusing this as a flu. Those claims are all fairly baseless - something a country ass volunteer fireperson might say on the internet. It is not something grownups that care would keep floating out there.. it's just too little. 

Or the previous administration didn’t restore stockpiles after the H1N1 pandemic eleven years ago. 

Something tells me it wouldn’t matter what our current administration does, you will be critical. You list a number of issues you have and not one solution. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Or the previous administration didn’t restore stockpiles after the H1N1 pandemic eleven years ago. 

Something tells me it wouldn’t matter what our current administration does, you will be critical. You list a number of issues you have and not one solution. 

Blaming Obama for not restocking them (true) is not much of a leg to stand on when you've had 3 years of your own to replenish.

• Upvote 9
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

On 4/4/2020 at 7:14 PM, greenminer said:

Blaming Obama for not restocking them (true) is not much of a leg to stand on when you've had 3 years of your own to replenish.

And Obama depleted them in 2009 and didn’t replenish them during his remaining 7 years in office. See how stupid this is?  
People complained Trump wasn’t briefing the public. Now they complain about the briefings. 
People complain if Trump calls it the Wuhan virus yet the media called it that too. 
The media said he could not get the Naval ships to NYC harbor. He did it in ten days. 
The politics are ridiculous. 

There is blame on both sides of the aisle, but playing the blame game doesn't achieve anything.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 6

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

And Obama depleted them in 2009 and didn’t replenish them during his remaining 7 years in office. See how stupid this is?  
People complained Trump wasn’t briefing the public. Now they complain about the briefings. 
People complain it’ll Trump calls it the Wuhan virus yet the media called it that too. 
The media said he could not get the Naval ships to NYC harbor. He did it in ten days. 

I never read or heard any complaints about Obama not replenishing the supplies.  Maybe they were out there.

Just saying politics is a stupid mess? I agree.  A clown show.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

48 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

People complain it’ll Trump calls it the Wuhan virus yet the media called it that too. 

while the CDC guidelines are 6ft, in your own social distancing, please make sure to give any one around you a wider breadth...with the way you're tripping over yourself to support your political team your safety radius probably needs to be expanded

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

53 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I never read or heard any complaints about Obama not replenishing the supplies.  Maybe they were out there.

Just saying politics is a stupid mess? I agree.  A clown show.

Actually I read that in the New York Times about a week ago. They did not replenish N95 masks after 2009 H1N1 pandemic.  The Bush administration had established stockpiles after 9/11.

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

while the CDC guidelines are 6ft, in your own social distancing, please make sure to give any one around you a wider breadth...with the way you're tripping over yourself to support your political team your safety radius probably needs to be expanded

Where did I trip over myself?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

Hard to ignore this death toll.  .

Which death toll?

The estimated 1700 that died today of heart disease?

The 1400 from cancer?

...or the estimated 4,000 other people who died today from car wrecks and multiple other diseases?

0FD8E44F-8FAD-4525-A8DE-3AB2354D2359.png.d53d3d5337468a554265410da31a6f21.png

E13419E1-C7BF-422D-9CC6-876A41C22279.png.33c7a2d7f51efa1eb62425b6c44ab489.png

CDC.gov

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Which death toll?

The 1400 from cancer?

...or the estimated 4,000 other people who died today from car wrecks and multiple other diseases?

0FD8E44F-8FAD-4525-A8DE-3AB2354D2359.png.d53d3d5337468a554265410da31a6f21.png

E13419E1-C7BF-422D-9CC6-876A41C22279.png.33c7a2d7f51efa1eb62425b6c44ab489.png

CDC.gov

Rick

Yes, but the healthcare system factors in "expected" deaths.  The reason hospitals get overwhelmed is because they already operate near capacity, so any unexpected cause gets to be a major problem very fast.

Not only for people from the new cause, but for all the "regular" hospitalizations because there just aren't enough beds.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 1

7 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Which death toll?

The 1400 from cancer?

CDC.gov

Rick

I'm not sure why you responded to me with these figures.  Are you likening these "expected" deaths with a pandemic we haven't seen in our lifetime?

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

He has those stats on hand to justify his love for guns.

His stats will go through the roof when no heart patient or cancer patient can be in the completely filled ICU. He will really love being glib then. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I'm not sure why you responded to me with these figures.  Are you likening these "expected" deaths with a pandemic we haven't seen in our lifetime?

Can you tell me how many deaths in this current “pandemic”, (which we have seen in our lifetime,...if your over 6 years old that is)....happened to a healthy individual that had no underlying health issues?  For instance,...the 1,000 deaths counted yesterday,...can you tell me how many had no underlying health problems?

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

He has those stats on hand to justify his love for guns.

His stats will go through the roof when no heart patient or cancer patient can be in the completely filled ICU. He will really love being glib then. 

You got me Sherlock,...on hand and in hand,...as in on the internet in my hand.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Like H1N1?  Have you seen those numbers?  61 million infected, 23,000+ hospitalized and over 12,000 deaths?  That type of pandemic that didn't shut down everything and ruin our economy,  You realize all Illness related deaths right now are basically being attributed to COVID-19?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Like H1N1?  Have you seen those numbers?  61 million infected, 23,000+ hospitalized and over 12,000 deaths?  That type of pandemic that didn't shut down everything and ruin our economy,  You realize all Illness related deaths right now are basically being attributed to COVID-19?

You are just making shit up. You have no inside knowledge. You have no professional knowledge of this at all. It is quite offensive and reckless.

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

You are just making shit up. You have no inside knowledge. You have no professional knowledge of this at all. It is quite offensive and reckless.

Those numbers, H1N1, are readily available with minimal research.  I have gone to work for the last couple of weeks in the hospital our company is affiliated with because our facility was shut down.  I am in the middle of it every day of the week and have read CDC directives telling ME's to code all deaths COVID related if the person dies and has been exposed.  For example, renal failure, on dialysis for a couple of years, in you 70's and they get exposed to COVID and die, death is coded to the virus without taking into consideration underlying conditions.  it is wrong.

I am not making shit up.  I work in medical wellness.  My facility was shutdown a couple of weeks ago and I have been working on our main hospital campus during this pandemic.  I am updated daily so I can communicate to my employees, I sit in hospital director's meetings daily to get updates on the virus in our community and surrounding areas, so yes, I have inside and professional knowledge.  I have seen the CDC directive.  You are full of shit and offensive and reckless for making assumptions when you obviously are clueless.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Those numbers, H1N1, are readily available with minimal research.  I have gone to work for the last couple of weeks in the hospital our company is affiliated with because our facility was shut down.  I am in the middle of it every day of the week and have read CDC directives telling ME's to code all deaths COVID related if the person dies and has been exposed.  For example, renal failure, on dialysis for a couple of years, in you 70's and they get exposed to COVID and die, death is coded to the virus without taking into consideration underlying conditions.  it is wrong.

I am not making shit up.  I work in medical wellness.  My facility was shutdown a couple of weeks ago and I have been working on our main hospital campus during this pandemic.  I am updated daily so I can communicate to my employees, I sit in hospital director's meetings daily to get updates on the virus in our community and surrounding areas, so yes, I have inside and professional knowledge.  I have seen the CDC directive.  You are full of shit and offensive and reckless for making assumptions when you obviously are clueless.

This is gonna have way more deaths than H1N1.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, CMJ said:

This is gonna have way more deaths than H1N1.

Potentially due to how it is being handled and how the numbers are being reported.  Regarding the numbers, we will never have an accurate count because of how the CDC is requiring the deaths to be coded.  Regarding how it was/is being handled, this article reflects how I feel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/opinion/coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing.html

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Potentially due to how it is being handled and how the numbers are being reported.  Regarding the numbers, we will never have an accurate count because of how the CDC is requiring the deaths to be coded.  Regarding how it was/is being handled, this article reflects how I feel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/opinion/coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing.html

Well, honestly we won't ever really know how many people die from the flu either.  It's always an estimate because the CDC and government agencies around the world look at the numbers years after the fact and try and figure out what percentage of people who died from pneumonia were caused by the flu.

I think you should look at how the deaths are looking at in other nations to really tell what kind of crisis this is.  If we were the only country shutting down you could make the case this was an overreaction, but we're not.  If anything most foreigners I know can't believe how blase we're being about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

Well, honestly we won't ever really know how many people die from the flu either.  It's always an estimate because the CDC and government agencies around the world look at the numbers years after the fact and try and figure out what percentage of people who died from pneumonia were caused by the flu.

I think you should look at how the deaths are looking at in other nations to really tell what kind of crisis this is.  If we were the only country shutting down you could make the case this was an overreaction, but we're not.  If anything most foreigners I know can't believe how blase we're being about it.

The CDC estimates the 2017-2018 season killed 61,000 Americans. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/past-seasons.html

But they are not currently estimating Covid-19.

The National Vital Statistics System has directed the CDC and all Medical Directors to code ALL DEATHS related to this strain as a U07.1 Covid-19 death regardless of any underlying condition.

03B4D366-13B5-4DFF-B9FB-41297A0919AE.png.284a59f73d058331f85e70ab21d416a1.png

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/coronavirus/Alert-2-New-ICD-code-introduced-for-COVID-19-deaths.pdf

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

You can take your awesome inside knowledge of a country hospital and the "wellness" industry and keep spouting lies about how these deaths are reported.. that's fine. It's just not accurate.

My best friend is a director at FEMA, my other friend is emergency manager for a large city, his wife runs a state emergency department. 

My closest family member is director of safety and physician at one of the largest hospital chains... So please, keep telling me about how they are all lying about the causes of death.

You guys want to be right so badly that it keeps you from doing right. Glibly, arguing about death numbers because it takes out more people with comprised immunity or diabetes or high cholesterol or any other myriad of issues that affects way more than 50% of our population is just callous and outrageous.

If you don't flatten the curve, you impact everyone. Hospitals are overrun. Minute things become more deadly. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm done wit this thread. You guys keep on keeping on with downplaying it. Hopefully the rest of us that do take it seriously can keep flatten the curve and then when it isn't a deadly as predicted, then you can glibly do your victory dance about how right you were.. completely ignoring the irony. 

Peace out. 

To the original question about had it affected anyone we know - that lady who died in Lewisville to days ago? My good friend's mother in law's friend. But she deserved to die, because she was old with a compromised immunity.. great.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I'm done wit this thread. You guys keep on keeping on with downplaying it. Hopefully the rest of us that do take it seriously can keep flatten the curve and then when it isn't a deadly as predicted, then you can glibly do your victory dance about how right you were.. completely ignoring the irony. 

Peace out. 

To the original question about had it affected anyone we know - that lady who died in Lewisville to days ago? My good friend's mother in law's friend. But she deserved to die, because she was old with a compromised immunity.. great.

I doubt your done.  And I’m sorry for any loss by anyone you know.

But don’t forget I tried to keep this informative and positive without calling anyone bad names and not be political, and instead got shit on and told that being positive is bad for everyone’s health.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7