Has the Corona Virus infected anyone you know?

8 hours ago, keith said:

This seems to be a common phrase these days, but to what end?  Are you suggesting we just give up?  Are you suggesting we don't manufacture masks unless they are  N95?  We obviously need those but other companies are better equipped to manufacture them.  It seems that "everyday" masks can help too.  This is what you commonly see being worn in Asian countries.  If you recall, early on the message was masks were only helpful in stemming the spread of the virus if you cough or sneeze and can act as a reminder to not touch your face so it seems like every little bit will help.  I've also heard politicians say "too little too late it was already here" with respect to travel restrictions, but I don't hear any of them suggesting that we open international travel back up. 

Restricting travel to a small area and acting like everything is ok - is too little. Manufacturing at home masks that are $.10 to order from China after we are already in a shortage - that's too late.

The phrase doesn't mean to give up. It's pointing out how the actions are just ridiculously little and late on the uptake.

I went on Ali Baba and spent $40 to get hundreds of these simple masks. They showed up in 7 days. There is not a shortage of these masks.. they are cheap and mass produced all through Asia. 

Claiming to change up the factories to make these cheap masks is a stunt. It's product placement. This president cites his ratings - like that matters. 

He puts his son in law at the head of his rag-tag tiger team on how to address this, after over s month of denying it's a problem at all. His son in law gets on Facebook and had his friend's physician dad asking for recommendations.. like they are organizing a home by room party. geez. 

Yes - they did too little. And they did that too little, too late. They need to do more substantial things.. not saying by Easter that we are going to open for business. Or that the hot weather will kill it ( it's summer in Australia and Argentina right now). Or that some cocktail of drugs is be a miracle (too potentially lessen symptoms, not cute or prevent). Or t0 keep claiming that we have tested more than Korea and they called us up to say how awesome we are at testing (per capita they've tested 40x more than us and track origins of outbreaks). Or that 40% of our country is unaffected by this (that's landmass, not population). Or to keep purposely confusing this as a flu. Those claims are all fairly baseless - something a country ass volunteer fireperson might say on the internet. It is not something grownups that care would keep floating out there.. it's just too little. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 6

9 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

the first acquired case of COVID-19 in the Philippines was on March 5. They're total cases is now over 2300 with nearing 100 deaths. 

today's high temperature in Manilla: 94 degrees. 

The Philippines received their first confirmed case on January 29/30th..

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/09/20/philippines-covid19-coronavirus-cases-patients

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Its climate is considered tropical and is usually hot and very humid.  It’s coolest month is January and it’s hottest period of months are between March and May before the rainy season hits in June

https://www.travelonline.com/philippines/weather.html

Considering that Manila has a population density of  107,000 per sq mile. (New York City by comparison has a population density of 27,500 per sq mile) .....that warm 94 degrees may partially explain why they are only nearing 100 deaths a little over two months time?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 3

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/09/20/philippines-covid19-coronavirus-cases-patients

Its climate is considered tropical and is usually hot and very humid.  It’s coolest month is January and it’s hottest period of months are between March and May before the rainy season hits in June

Considering that Manila has a population density of  107,000 per sq mile. (New York City by comparison has a population density of 27,500 per sq mile) .....that warm 94 degrees may partially explain why they are only nearing 100 deaths a little over two months time?

Rick

Sad to say, this may just as likely be all about testing and phillipine government not really putting out the real numbers one one hand, the lockdown being extremely severe on the other (Duterte essentially: You violate the lockdown, police has the right to shoot you), and finally the population being considerably younger on average.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

I used the first acquired case that could lead to mass transmission. I believe your case was a traveling Chinese national.

I of course didn't intend for this to be a full break down on the Filipino response...as @outoftown suggests above, I'd say Durate has some influence on the numbers and severity of quarantine...

more my point was that if you look across the tropics and hot-weather zones of the globe, there doesn't appear to be a significant drop in infections/deaths tied directly to temperature.

The tropics aren't immune from a traditional flu virus either, but don't usually see a seasonal pattern, rather random spikes and outbreaks. that COVID-19 is affecting all climates equally is concerning

same goes for seasonality...the Southern Hemisphere is entering Fall...Australia's flu season is traditionally June-September and they're in it right now too

look, I hope this thing subsides in Spring/Summer. maybe you're just trying to be positive...and maybe here that's ok here, but I think presenting any sort of an outlook of seasonality to the masses creates a false sense of the severity of COVID-19 and the idea that normalcy is just around the corner.  

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Restricting travel to a small area and acting like everything is ok - is too little. Manufacturing at home masks that are $.10 to order from China after we are already in a shortage - that's too late.

The phrase doesn't mean to give up. It's pointing out how the actions are just ridiculously little and late on the uptake.

I went on Ali Baba and spent $40 to get hundreds of these simple masks. They showed up in 7 days. There is not a shortage of these masks.. they are cheap and mass produced all through Asia. 

Claiming to change up the factories to make these cheap masks is a stunt. It's product placement. This president cites his ratings - like that matters. 

He puts his son in law at the head of his rag-tag tiger team on how to address this, after over s month of denying it's a problem at all. His son in law gets on Facebook and had his friend's physician dad asking for recommendations.. like they are organizing a home by room party. geez. 

Yes - they did too little. And they did that too little, too late. They need to do more substantial things.. not saying by Easter that we are going to open for business. Or that the hot weather will kill it ( it's summer in Australia and Argentina right now). Or that some cocktail of drugs is be a miracle (too potentially lessen symptoms, not cute or prevent). Or t0 keep claiming that we have tested more than Korea and they called us up to say how awesome we are at testing (per capita they've tested 40x more than us and track origins of outbreaks). Or that 40% of our country is unaffected by this (that's landmass, not population). Or to keep purposely confusing this as a flu. Those claims are all fairly baseless - something a country ass volunteer fireperson might say on the internet. It is not something grownups that care would keep floating out there.. it's just too little. 

People like to feel like they are doing something/contributing.  If some are finding ways to keep their employees employed instead laying them off, that's a positive thing, isn't it?  

I actually listened to the "Easter surprise" news conference.  He said he "hoped" and "wouldn't it be great" if we get going again by Easter - I think he really was talking about people being able to attend Easter services and if that could happen, it would be a "beautiful thing."  After listening him for 3+ years, people should know by now that's how he talks.  It wasn't some EO to open up the country by Easter Sunday. Hate him or love him, but a least be honest. 

Most of the things you don't want Trump to talk about are in response to questions, so maybe "journalists" should stop asking him stupid questions.  

Our public health officials early and often referred to the disease as flu-like with many of the same systems.  You know what they say about first impressions.

According to the Univ of Wash Virology Lab that has been doing a lot of testing (and assuming they have been following CDC guidelines and only test people who present with symptoms or are at risk - contact with someone who tested positive or recent travel - in other words, patients who are most likely to have COVID-19), only 9.7% of their 43,751 tests have come back positive.  So, out of a fairly large non-random sample size that is skewed to those most likely to be infected, over 90% are not.  

If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at NYC officials who kept down-playing the risk and encouraged people to ride the subway, attend the parade, go to movies, go out to restaurants and bars, etc., etc.  *That* is why NYC is f'ed up and they have f'ed up the whole country.   

Edited by keith
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I used the first acquired case that could lead to mass transmission. I believe your case was a traveling Chinese national.

I of course didn't intend for this to be a full break down on the Filipino response...as @outoftown suggests above, I'd say Durate has some influence on the numbers and severity of quarantine...

more my point was that if you look across the tropics and hot-weather zones of the globe, there doesn't appear to be a significant drop in infections/deaths tied directly to temperature.

The tropics aren't immune from a traditional flu virus either, but don't usually see a seasonal pattern, rather random spikes and outbreaks. that COVID-19 is affecting all climates equally is concerning

same goes for seasonality...the Southern Hemisphere is entering Fall...Australia's flu season is traditionally June-September and they're 

look, I hope this thing subsides in Spring/Summer. maybe you're just trying to be positive...and maybe here that's ok here, but I think presenting any sort of an outlook of seasonality to the masses creates a false sense of the severity of COVID-19 and the idea that normalcy is just around the corner.  

I’ve read about patients being admitted to hospitals not knowing their outcome but immediately requesting DNR’s for fear of facing the inevitable of suffocating to death because of false news reports and rumors that there’s not enough space and equipment..

Also there’s reports of suicide Hotline call rates climbing for obvious reasons..

And my cop friends are telling me domestic violence calls are starting to rise and we are experiencing the same as well.

So yeah, I would rather the masses (surely you can’t be referring to the 10-20 of us here reading this thread) be given something positive to look forward to than being scared shitless of there being no hope at all.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, keith said:

If you want to be pissed at someone, be pissed at NYC officials who kept down-playing the risk and encouraged people to ride the subway, attend the parade, go to movies, go out to restaurants and bars, etc., etc.  *That* is why NYC is f'ed up and they have f'ed up the whole country.   

that's just stupid. NYC's first COVID-19 case was 3/1. More than a month passed since COVID-19 reached the states and there was zero national directive until 3/13. 

NYC city officials were responding to the national narrative that there were high-risk and low-risk cases and that people should exhibit caution and cleanliness practices, but not isolation or social distancing.

My job is the bar/restaurant industry. The CDC maintained and published sanitation guidelines for the service industry, implying that so long as those were adhered to business as usual could and should continue. I even made a social media plea on 3/13 encouraging those in low-risk categories to continue to patronize their local establishments. I walked that back considerably 2 days later. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and sure, now it does seem that any anti-social distancing directives look pretty foolish. but you don't get to blame NYC for even their own current plight, let alone the national crisis while absolving the national response:

- 1/22 "And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s — going to be just fine."
 - 1/30 "We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. ... we think it’s going to have a very good ending for it."
- 2/14 "We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape."
 - 2/24 "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

MARCH douchebagING 9 The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

Current fatality rates for the ten countries with most known infections compared against the same countries on March 23rd (in parentheses).  One can see how the numbers tend to go up once the health system gets overwhelmed, or go down once they get on the other side of the curve (Iran).  Note that since Turkey switched out from South Korea I don't have numbers for them to compare to the 23rd.

1.USA- 2.4% (1.3)
2. Italy- 11.9% (9.3)
3. Spain- 9.1% (6.7)
4. China- 4.1% (4.0)
5. Germany-  1.2% (0.4)
6. France- 7.1% (4.0)
7. Iran- 6.3% (7.8)
8. UK-  8.7% (5.0)
9. Switzerland- 2.8% (1.4)
10. Turkey 1.8% (NA)

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

25 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

And my cop friends are telling me domestic violence calls are starting to rise and we are experiencing the same as well.

Rick

That's not good...I thought people were predicting a mini-baby boom in 9 months.  No need for violence people, get a grip and go to a different part of the house or apartment and count to 10.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, FirefightnRick said:

I’ve read about patients being admitted to hospitals not knowing their outcome but immediately requesting DNR’s for fear of facing the inevitable of suffocating to death because of false news reports and rumors that there’s not enough space and equipment..

Also there’s reports of suicide Hotline call rates climbing for obvious reasons..

So yeah, I would rather the masses (surely you can’t be referring to the 10-20 of us here reading this thread) be given something positive to look forward to than being scared shitless of there being no hope at all.

Rick

1. Fake News, again? can you show me the "real news" reports that hospitals are fully stocked on ventilators, basic hospital supplies...beds even? that you don't like news, doesn't make it fake. 

2. sure...uncertainty is a major anxiety and despair trigger.  

3. sure...work/outside activities often serve as the safest of spaces for domestic violence prone relationships. most partners see each other 2-4 waking hours a day in normal times? now they're at 12-18. 

4. no. because the masses are dumb. they'll under-appreciate the severity of the situation and continue to be social to some degree. they'll continue spending/lifestyle trends as if there is a definitive near-term end. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Rick

Points 2 and 3 are the ones I am reaaaally worried about. I definitely think the virus is bad. but as a neuropsychologist I am also veeery worried about the disaster that is this isolation experiment on populations who are psychologically at risk. As researchers we could probably never get a scientific experiment that is keeping folks alone at home for weeks past an ethical review board. The literature simply points to that being too harmful to peoples mental health, which eventually will express in heavily reduced life expectancy. In fact i started reading the scientific literature on the topic and am considering putting together a paper on the serious long term effects an important number of which are not easily reversable at all.

however just telling people positive things is not gonna do it if it isn't true. That is not how folks work. If they realize that you are just positive to be positive nothing you say will be taken serious anymore. In fact I myself would be so much less anxious if only I felt the authorities were properly understanding and worried about what long term damage they are doing to folks mental health.

On a personal note: I recently started studying optimism and how it relates to brain structure. I am about to get a paper on it past the reviewers. So I know about its benefits (and drawbacks). But ironically right now I find myself not being able to stand those who want to be optimistic all the time. Cognitively I get their need to be optimstic, to protect their sanity, but emotionally I just want to hit em because it feels as if they didn't grasp the size of the task.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 4
  • Ray 2

Has anyone learned why companies like Facebook and Apple had stockpiles of hundreds of thousands and millions of N95 masks and our hospitals and state and local governments did not (or did they)?  I've been checking around and asking contacts that are fairly well connected and the best anyone has been able to come up with is "because of the California fires."  

• Thanks 5

• Harry featured this topic
32 minutes ago, outoftown said:

Points 2 and 3 are the ones I am reaaaally worried about. I definitely think the virus is bad. but as a neuropsychologist I am also veeery worried about the disaster that is this isolation experiment on populations who are psychologically at risk. As researchers we could probably never get a scientific experiment that is keeping folks alone at home for weeks past an ethical review board. The literature simply points to that being too harmful to peoples mental health, which eventually will express in heavily reduced life expectancy. In fact i started reading the scientific literature on the topic and am considering putting together a paper on the serious long term effects an important number of which are not easily reversable at all.

however just telling people positive things is not gonna do it if it isn't true. That is not how folks work. If they realize that you are just positive to be positive nothing you say will be taken serious anymore. In fact I myself would be so much less anxious if only I felt the authorities were properly understanding and worried about what long term damage they are doing to folks mental health.

On a personal note: I recently started studying optimism and how it relates to brain structure. I am about to get a paper on it past the reviewers. So I know about its benefits (and drawbacks). But ironically right now I find myself not being able to stand those who want to be optimistic all the time. Cognitively I get their need to be optimstic, to protect their sanity, but emotionally I just want to hit em because it feels as if they didn't grasp the size of the task.

thank you for the scientific and dispassionate reply I was trying to convey. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

I started writing a journal about this a couple of weeks ago because I think people in a generation or two will wanna know what it was like to live through this and I don't think snarky comments on facebook are gonna cut it.

Anyway, I say that because I've recorded the number of total world wide and US deaths at the bottom of each entry.  You can really see the exponential curve we're on that way...and it's disturbing.

In my first entry on March 19th there were 160 total US deaths.  We hit 1000 dead Americans by my March 26th entry, 2K on the 28th, 3K on the 30th, and yesterday we went by both 4 and 5K.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, greenminer said:

@CMJ not a blog, but I started logging my own numbers.  I check in with CDC and the TxDSHS every day after 5PM.

Interesting to see that a link to the Google Doc gets it auto-embedded in this forum thread.

Mine's not a blog either.  I'm talking about on real paper with a pen. Who knows what sorta online presence will be around in 25 years, but historians/museums/etc will always be able to look at journals.

• Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

1. Fake News, again? can you show me the "real news" reports that hospitals are fully stocked on ventilators, basic hospital supplies...beds even? that you don't like news, doesn't make it fake.  

Some hospitals consider changes to do-not-resuscitate situations amid COVID-19 pandemic

https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/some-hospitals-consider-changes-to-do-not-resuscitate-situations-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

Dr. Deborah Birx, White House coronavirus response coordinator, said during a briefing on Thursday the country doesn’t need a blanket DNR for coronavirus patients.

“There is no situation in the United States right now that warrants that kind of discussion,” Birx said. “You can be thinking about it in a hospital, certainly many hospitals talk about this on a daily basis, but to say that to the American people, to make the implication that when they need a hospital bed, it’s not gonna be there, or when they need that ventilator it’s not going to be there — we don’t have evidence of that right now.”

This kind of discussion in the news adds to everyone’s anxiety when as best as I can tell is unwarranted, especially where I’m working.  

Rick

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Some hospitals consider changes to do-not-resuscitate situations amid COVID-19 pandemic

https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/some-hospitals-consider-changes-to-do-not-resuscitate-situations-amid-covid-19-pandemic/

I'm still chewing on this.  I personally feel like the weight of this article is more about the importance of the DNR conversation with families and patients within the healthcare community, rather than suggesting everything is okey-dokey with supplies.  But there it is, plainly said by Dr. Birx.

Lastly, these comments of her's appear to have drawn some criticism:

Dr. Birx’s comments, especially those dismissing ventilator shortages, startled some health experts. While most hospitals might have sufficient supplies at the moment, many worry about a crush of patients in the very near future.

Dr. Howard Bauchner, the editor in chief of The Journal of the American Medical Association, warned Friday of “a potential tsunami coming” on a video call with hundreds of other physicians about rationing ventilators and critical care.

Dr. Ryan A. Stanton, a board member at the American College of Emergency Physicians, said Dr. Birx sounded like “the builders of the Titanic saying the ship can’t sink.”

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

what do you consider real news?  

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3

On 4/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

that's just stupid. NYC's first COVID-19 case was 3/1. More than a month passed since COVID-19 reached the states and there was zero national directive until 3/13. 

NYC city officials were responding to the national narrative that there were high-risk and low-risk cases and that people should exhibit caution and cleanliness practices, but not isolation or social distancing.

My job is the bar/restaurant industry. The CDC maintained and published sanitation guidelines for the service industry, implying that so long as those were adhered to business as usual could and should continue. I even made a social media plea on 3/13 encouraging those in low-risk categories to continue to patronize their local establishments. I walked that back considerably 2 days later. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and sure, now it does seem that any anti-social distancing directives look pretty foolish. but you don't get to blame NYC for even their own current plight, let alone the national crisis while absolving the national response:

- 1/22 "And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s — going to be just fine."
 - 1/30 "We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. ... we think it’s going to have a very good ending for it."
- 2/14 "We have a very small number of people in the country, right now, with it. It’s like around 12. Many of them are getting better. Some are fully recovered already. So we’re in very good shape."
 - 2/24 "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!"

MARCH douchebagING 9 The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, “The risk is low to the average American.”

Hindsight is 20/20 and it applies to everyone, right? I did't think all the smart people listened to Trump anyway, so what he said or didn't say should have been irrelevant.    

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

Spring 2018: Trump disbanded the pandemic response team assembled under President Obama during the ebola outbreak of 2014.

July 2019: The Trump admin let go of Linda Quick, a CDC epidemiologist stationed in Beijing whose role was designed to help China detect and respond to outbreaks.

1/3 Trump learns about coronavirus outbreak in China from intelligence officials.

1/3 Trump holds Miami, FL rally.

1/4 Trump plays golf.

1/5 Trump plays golf.

1/ 8 CDC issues warning about coronavirus.

1/9 Trump holds rally in Toledo, OH.

1/14 Trump holds Milwaukee, WI rally.

1/18 Trump plays golf.

1/19 Trump plays golf.

1/20 1st US case confirmed.

1/22 Trump "...we have it totally under control. It is going to be just fine".

1/23 Hubei, China goes on lockdown

1/24 Global cases over 1,000

1/27 Trump holds Wildwood, NJ rally

1/27 Global deaths over 100

1/30 Trump holds Des Moines, IA rally.

1/31 Global cases over 10,000

1/31 Trump enacts China travel ban.

2/1 Trump plays golf.

2/2 Trump "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

2/2 Trump plays golf.

2/4 Trump award Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom. (Rush is one of the biggest deniers of COVID19)

2/5 End of impeachment

2/10 Trump holds Manchester, NH rally.

2/10 Global deaths over 1,000

2/13 Senators Richard Burr (R., N.C.) and Kelly Loeffler (R., Ga.) sold off millions of dollars in public stock following a closed-door briefing on the coronavirus

2/15 Trump plays golf.

2/19 Trump holds Phoenix, AZ rally.

2/20 Trump holds Colorado Springs, CO rally.

2/21 The first Italian cities go on lockdown

2/21 Trump hold Las Vegas, NV rally.

2/25 Trump "...we are down to 15 cases, will be zero soon."

2/27 Trump "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

2/28 Trump holds Charleston, SC rally and says worries about the virus is the new "hoax".

2/29 1st American dies from coronavirus.

3/2 Trump holds Charlotte, NC rally.

3/6 Global cases over 100,000

3/6 Trump “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”

3/7 Trump plays golf.

3/7 Trump says "No I'm not concerned at all. We've done a great job".

3/8 Trump plays golf.

3/9 The whole country of Italy goes on lockdown

3/11 CDC WHO declares SARS-CoV-2 a pandemic

3/13 Trump declares a national emergency.

3/13 Trump "No, I don't take responsibility at all".

3/17 Trump "I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic … I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

3/19 Trump enacts travel ban on European countries.

3/27 Trump signs Covid-19 relief Bill

3/28 U.S. deaths surpass 1000

4/1 U.S deaths surpass 5000.

4/3 Trump fires intelligence community inspector general who flagged Ukraine whistleblower complaint that lead to his impeachment.

4/4 "The models show hundreds of thousands of people are going to die...I want to come way under the models. The professionals did the models. I was never involved in a model. But – at least this kind of a model.”

US COVID19 cases: 301,147    
US COVID19 deaths: 8,173

More than 1000+ deaths  each of the last two days.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 6

3 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Spring 2018: Trump disbanded the pandemic response team assembled under President Obama during the ebola outbreak of 2014.

July 2019: The Trump admin let go of Linda Quick, a CDC epidemiologist stationed in Beijing whose role was designed to help China detect and respond to outbreaks.

1/3 Trump learns about coronavirus outbreak in China from intelligence officials.

1/3 Trump holds Miami, FL rally.

1/4 Trump plays golf.

1/5 Trump plays golf.

1/ 8 CDC issues warning about coronavirus.

1/9 Trump holds rally in Toledo, OH.

1/14 Trump holds Milwaukee, WI rally.

1/18 Trump plays golf.

1/19 Trump plays golf.

1/20 1st US case confirmed.

1/22 Trump "...we have it totally under control. It is going to be just fine".

1/23 Hubei, China goes on lockdown

1/24 Global cases over 1,000

1/27 Trump holds Wildwood, NJ rally

1/27 Global deaths over 100

1/30 Trump holds Des Moines, IA rally.

1/31 Global cases over 10,000

1/31 Trump enacts China travel ban.

2/1 Trump plays golf.

2/2 Trump "We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."

2/2 Trump plays golf.

2/4 Trump award Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom. (Rush is one of the biggest deniers of COVID19)

2/5 End of impeachment

2/10 Trump holds Manchester, NH rally.

2/10 Global deaths over 1,000

2/13 Senators Richard Burr (R., N.C.) and Kelly Loeffler (R., Ga.) sold off millions of dollars in public stock following a closed-door briefing on the coronavirus

2/15 Trump plays golf.

2/19 Trump holds Phoenix, AZ rally.

2/20 Trump holds Colorado Springs, CO rally.

2/21 The first Italian cities go on lockdown

2/21 Trump hold Las Vegas, NV rally.

2/25 Trump "...we are down to 15 cases, will be zero soon."

2/27 Trump "One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

2/28 Trump holds Charleston, SC rally and says worries about the virus is the new "hoax".

2/29 1st American dies from coronavirus.

3/2 Trump holds Charlotte, NC rally.

3/6 Global cases over 100,000

3/6 Trump “Anybody that needs a test, gets a test. We—they’re there. They have the tests. And the tests are beautiful.”

3/7 Trump plays golf.

3/7 Trump says "No I'm not concerned at all. We've done a great job".

3/8 Trump plays golf.

3/9 The whole country of Italy goes on lockdown

3/11 CDC WHO declares SARS-CoV-2 a pandemic

3/13 Trump declares a national emergency.

3/13 Trump "No, I don't take responsibility at all".

3/17 Trump "I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic … I’ve always viewed it as very serious.”

3/19 Trump enacts travel ban on European countries.

3/27 Trump signs Covid-19 relief Bill

3/28 U.S. deaths surpass 1000

4/1 U.S deaths surpass 5000.

4/3 Trump fires intelligence community inspector general who flagged Ukraine whistleblower complaint that lead to his impeachment.

4/4 "The models show hundreds of thousands of people are going to die...I want to come way under the models. The professionals did the models. I was never involved in a model. But – at least this kind of a model.”

US COVID19 cases: 301,147    
US COVID19 deaths: 8,173

More than 1000+ deaths  each of the last two days.

Wow, he should be a sure thing cinch to vote out of office then, right?  

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1