DRC (FREE): NFL rules change will eliminate UNT pro day

Brett Vito

I still think that pro scouts and pro teams know about Mason Fine.  He will be given a chance to show his skills.

However, like I just heard on an internet broadcast piece, it's not all about throwing the ball down the field to a 4.3 speed WR.  It's also about taking snaps under center.

• Upvote 2

In this thread: Miserable f***s who get indignant about Vito providing historical context in a way that's required for a casual, unfamiliar audience by nature of his medium and trade, because anything he writes may be the first time much or most of his print and online audience learns about the topic. 

So, they bitch about it and attack him (over context-providing statements of fact), in the exact same bitter ways, for a consistent and familiar GMG audience that DOES see it every single time because we're here all the time and we all know it already. 

NOT in this thread: Any appreciation for irony. 

4 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

In this thread: Miserable f***s who get indignant about Vito providing historical context in a way that's required for a casual, unfamiliar audience by nature of his medium and trade, because anything he writes may be the first time much or most of his print and online audience learns about the topic. 

So, they bitch about it and attack him (over context-providing statements of fact), in the exact same bitter ways, for a consistent and familiar GMG audience that DOES see it every single time because we're here all the time and we all know it already. 

Wow, and from an Administrator of  the site no less.  Well spoken indeed.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 7

• Harry locked and unlocked this topic
5 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

giphy.gif

You mean Brett isn't personally writing this article for just jolly old me?

5 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

Anyone else have a dollar on Lifer being overcome with the vapors and falling into the fainting couch as his reply? 

I am doing just fine, but thanks for caring. If I called posters on here miserable f***s I would be suspended or banned, but I guess it is alright for administrators to do this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I am doing just fine, but thanks for caring. If I called posters on here miserable fucks I would be suspended or banned, but I guess it is alright for administrators to do this. 

Didn't ummm... You call tasty a douchebag just yesterday without any retribution or correction? 

Tasty isn't calling any one individual a miserable fuck but instead the collective that actively participate in the movement that anything that Brett does is wrong and hurts the fanbase. It's old and it's played out. Much like your comments about the admin alllllll the freaking time. 

16 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Didn't ummm... You call tasty a douchebag just yesterday without any retribution or correction? 

Tasty isn't calling any one individual a miserable fuck but instead the collective that actively participate in the movement that anything that Brett does is wrong and hurts the fanbase. It's old and it's played out. Much like your comments about the admin alllllll the freaking time. 

1. Yes, in response to his smart-a$$ed comment about me.  I should have let it go, but responded.

2.  So, if I am reading correctly from a site administrator, as long as I call a group of fellow posters a derogatory term it is alright, just don't single anyone out.  Got it.  I don't call out the admin all the freaking time.  Just a couple that act in this manner.  I would put them on ignore, but the site doesn't allow that due to their administrator label.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

We at GMG are always striving to cultivate a more respectful, appropriate atmosphere for both members and administrators. Our solemn duty is to make this a safe and happy community for all, be they miserable douchebags, just plain douchebags, or neither of the above. 

As such, we always take constructive criticism in the spirit of support, guidance, and opportunity for improvement, as it was no doubt intended.

Today, after extensive consultation among the moderation team, we have implemented a new word filter. No longer will anyone throw around hurtful words like the four letter synonym for The Manufacturing of Sweet Love that starts with the letter "F". 

Instead, That Hurtful Word will instead autocorrect to the gentlemanly, kind, encouraging, and wholesome phrase of "douchebag". I think we can all agree that That F Word For The Physical Act of Sexual Intimacy is the province of the hatemonger, the simpleton, or the uncultured. 

Now, we will instead only see the honorable, nourishing, community-building word "douchebag" instead. 

So, if you want to tell someone they're a miserable douchebag, that they're a douchebaging idiot and a constant douchebaging drain on this community and most likely society at large, and that they are welcome to go douchebag themselves until they keel over and die of exhaustion... Too bad! It'll automatically adjust That Word to "douchebag" instead. 

We feel, and I'm sure at least one of you agrees, that it's a much more civilized way to address one another. 

Should anyone take issue with this change in policy, you're invited to file a formal complaint, or feel welcome to just douchebag right off. 

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

I can understand that this means a lot to you, just wish you would take this to a more private exchange, rather than come up regularly in our threads.

I sent him a PM. Actually, I sent him two. He didn’t respond to either, so I assume he likes to keep it public so he can post his cute comments for all to see and continue with his agenda. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

On 3/15/2020 at 3:54 PM, TheTastyGreek said:

We at GMG are always striving to cultivate a more respectful, appropriate atmosphere for both members and administrators. Our solemn duty is to make this a safe and happy community for all, be they miserable douchebags, just plain douchebags, or neither of the above. 

As such, we always take constructive criticism in the spirit of support, guidance, and opportunity for improvement, as it was no doubt intended.

Today, after extensive consultation among the moderation team, we have implemented a new word filter. No longer will anyone throw around hurtful words like the four letter synonym for The Manufacturing of Sweet Love that starts with the letter "F". 

Instead, That Hurtful Word will instead autocorrect to the gentlemanly, kind, encouraging, and wholesome phrase of "douchebag". I think we can all agree that That F Word For The Physical Act of Sexual Intimacy is the province of the hatemonger, the simpleton, or the uncultured. 

Now, we will instead only see the honorable, nourishing, community-building word "douchebag" instead. 

So, if you want to tell someone they're a miserable douchebag, that they're a douchebaging idiot and a constant douchebaging drain on this community and most likely society at large, and that they are welcome to go douchebag themselves until they keel over and die of exhaustion... Too bad! It'll automatically adjust That Word to "douchebag" instead. 

We feel, and I'm sure at least one of you agrees, that it's a much more civilized way to address one another. 

Should anyone take issue with this change in policy, you're invited to file a formal complaint, or feel welcome to just douchebag right off. 

Question as a GMG newbie: if F--k is now douchebag, what is autocorrected to "quite" that I've seen on the site for a while now?

Also does this douchebag autocorrect take into account past or present participle? such as douchebaged or douchebaging?

Edit: Got my answer, lol

Edited by eeeeagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1