DJ Draper bids farewell

Jonnyeagle

Draper was exceptional for NT.  Everyone loves an underdog makes good story, and Draper's career is the epitome of that. 

I also add my appreciation for the other players who probably won't play again for the Green.    Geu for his great enthusiasm and effort.  Smart for his early phenomenal sophomore year and his comeback from injury to play a key role in his senior year. 

When DJ was a guest at the Coaches Radio Show, he was asked about continuing to play after graduation. He said, that he "was done", that he was in a "pretty serious relationship" with his girlfriend and that her was anxious to "get on" with the next phase of his life. Did not sound to me like he was too interested in continuing to play after graduation, but, then, the comments were made before the conference tourney was cancelled. However, to me, DJ seems like a kid who has a pretty firm grasp on want he wants to do and where he wants to go. So, based on his radio show comments, I think DJ is done with organized basketball.

As to another year for all seniors, I really doubt it. All the seniors played a full year of basketball...all the way through their conference games. I can see the NCAA granting spring sport seniors an extra year...softball, golf, track, etc., but not basketball.  But, it's pretty crazy "out there" these days, so you never know.

But, one thing I am pretty confident in saying is that whatever DJ decides, it will be the correct decision for him and that he will be successful.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

When DJ was a guest at the Coaches Radio Show, he was asked about continuing to play after graduation. He said, that he "was done", that he was in a "pretty serious relationship" with his girlfriend and that her was anxious to "get on" with the next phase of his life. Did not sound to me like he was too interested in continuing to play after graduation, but, then, the comments were made before the conference tourney was cancelled. However, to me, DJ seems like a kid who has a pretty firm grasp on want he wants to do and where he wants to go. So, based on his radio show comments, I think DJ is done with organized basketball.

As to another year for all seniors, I really doubt it. All the seniors played a full year of basketball...all the way through their conference games. I can see the NCAA granting spring sport seniors an extra year...softball, golf, track, etc., but not basketball.  But, it's pretty crazy "out there" these days, so you never know.

But, one thing I am pretty confident in saying is that whatever DJ decides, it will be the correct decision for him and that he will be successful.

Yeah I doubted DJ would be playing basketball anywhere except at the Rec Center in 20 years