Ladies lose

Marty

Well, they could and should have won this one; but this season is mercifully over. 

Return everyone but George, with a bunch of red shirts eligible next year.   

Next year is time for Mitchell to make a positive statement.

George was a great player for the Green in the last two years, too bad she didn't have much of a supporting cast.  There was definitely a hole in recruiting for a couple of years. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Nothing about that team impressed me.  How can Jalie keep her job after this?  It won’t be better next year.  This is Benford 2.0

Incoming 4-star and another strong recruit.  Next year will be make or break for Jalie.

• Upvote 6

38 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Nothing about that team impressed me.  How can Jalie keep her job after this?  It won’t be better next year.  This is Benford 2.0

This team and Mitchell have a ton of excuses for this year:

Two starters out for last half of year:  McDowell and  Owens

Only eight players for most of year

Had to rely on three freshmen starters Thompson, Jackson and Boyd, None were good enough to start and should have been learning the college game from the bench. 

The CUSA league is much better on the women's side than the men's

NT guards were some of the worst shooting players in the nation,  no outside thread let opponents pack the inside

Mitchell is not going anywhere, but next year should be a pivotal year for NT WBB. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Benford never finished a season with a winning record. Jalie has two out of five seasons.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, drex said:

Injuries plague the women's team for some reason.  A short bench is nothing new for the women.

Next year I have this team as a top 6 team in the conference. So much more depth next year, even though George is gone. She was as vital to this years teams as Terriel Bradley was last season

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

I'm with you on this one, Coach.  Jalie has had enough time.  Time to move on.  But because she is an Alumn will give her another two or so years to right this sinking ship.

• Upvote 1