NCAA To Limit Tournament Attendance

BillySee58

5 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

All week, I have been expressing my gratitude that a person with your credentials and knowledge would share advice and wisdom about the ongoing pandemic with the rest of us here on GMG. I don't know for sure if your expertise is in virology or epidemiology, but I'm damn glad to have a doctor here with the insight and expertise to help guide us all through this challenging time. 

But I do not appreciate you diminishing and demeaning my profession by calling me a "monkey". 

Just because I didn't spend 6 years in Affiliated With Medical School like you did, doesn't mean I'm an idiot or my career is a joke. It might be mere labor, but it's still work. The fact that it's labor doesn't make me a monkey, or imply that any random ape could do my job instead. 

And the nature of what I do may seem off-putting or unpalatable to you... But I don't appreciate you calling it "yuck". It's honest work, and it's important work. I'll thank you to treat my career with the same respect I treat yours, even if you don't think it's worthy of the same level of regard. 

Are we really supposed to believe that a monkey could not do your job? 

Edited by 97and03
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

15 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

All week, I have been expressing my gratitude that a person with your credentials and knowledge would share advice and wisdom about the ongoing pandemic with the rest of us here on GMG. I don't know for sure if your expertise is in virology or epidemiology, but I'm damn glad to have a doctor here with the insight and expertise to help guide us all through this challenging time. 

But I do not appreciate you diminishing and demeaning my profession by calling me a "monkey". 

Just because I didn't spend 6 years in Affiliated With Medical School like you did, doesn't mean I'm an idiot or my career is a joke. It might be mere labor, but it's still work. The fact that it's labor doesn't make me a monkey, or imply that any random ape could do my job instead. 

And the nature of what I do may seem off-putting or unpalatable to you... But I don't appreciate you calling it "yuck". It's honest work, and it's important work. I'll thank you to treat my career with the same respect I treat yours, even if you don't think it's worthy of the same level of regard. 

Exactly.  You got what you gave out.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly.  You got what you gave out.

Doctor, please show my work at least a basic human level of respect. 

We're not all out there, saving lives, healing the sick, stopping disease... But anyone who puts in a hard day's work is doing their part to make a better world. Even if it looks "yucky" from your lab coat ivory tower. 

A simple apology, like the one I gave you when you took issue with something I said, would suffice. 

On 3/11/2020 at 6:37 PM, UNTMike81 said:

Who in the heck do you think's influencing the advisory board. The media!!! Once again I'm going to have to hold my tongue, so I don't say anything to offend somebody.

The media is taking a megaphone into a crowded theater and yelling fire. In one sense, to a great degree. And somehow that seems to be okay.

however, if I was in a high risk factor group don't you think I might be smart enough to take certain precautions. As if I don't have a brain.

But to a certain extent big brother, figuratively speaking is thinking for me. Like I'm some sort of stupid clown.

heath ledger joker GIF

On 3/11/2020 at 8:11 PM, FirefightnRick said:

Mark Emmert—”This decision is in the best interest of public health....fans...”

So since this decision is in the best interest of public health and fans......that certainly means a couple of things we won’t see.

We won’t see, for instance during a televised Florida State Midwest Regional game in Indianapolis CBS Sports Television suddenly cut away to a live crowd of thousands of Seminole fans packed into the D.L. Tucker Civic Arena at FSU’s campus, right?  You don’t want to risk all of those lives jammed together in one place like your trying to prevent with this announcement today,  right?

And the second thing we won’t see are games being televised in every bar and restaurant, especially in Tallahassee and its surrounding regions.  You talk about danger?  We’ve seen how packed a bar can get during the big game.  You can’t have small venues like bars jammed full of people, especially intoxicated people yelling, high fiving and belching on one another with the flu going around.

I mean, it is after all in the best interest of public health and fans.  Amirite?.

Rick

nostradamus-occult.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/calls-mount-for-who-chief-to-resign/

Calls are mounting in Congress for the World Health Organization's director-general to resign following allegations his group aided China's efforts to obfuscate the number of coronavirus cases in the country.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2