UIW WIN laughs...

Mo Green

37 minutes ago, Mo Green said:

Never seen this before, 6th inning two out & two strikes on batter with Katie Clark on second! Coach Delong calls for a bunt (?) the batter squares up and the pitch is well outside the plate...Katie steals third since the coach is calling for a sacrifice, right. Catcher under throws the ball to third so it goes out to left field. Katie scores!

When we  they finally get the third out Coach Delong comes back he's laughing his head off since he lost count and screwed up the CALL but it worked. He had to hide his face in his hat since he was laughing so much at what he did. Good man! we all had a good laugh.

The sad thing is that UIW's SB field was really impressive compared to utsa's dump. It's all syn. OF & IF. utsa's seating made you think that you were in the center seat and an airplane. You had to go outside of the field to use the head.

I was told that our team really has a problem with slow pitching ( that's pretty obvious Saturday and early today. Final UNT 11 them 4 (really only two ER's).

They are going to redo the SB dugout's (sink them) and enlarge the stands for Coach Delong. He's really happy at UNT he told me prior to the game. So, we can have bigger events at UNT (conf.tournament's ). And... a new scoreboard Too. They asked him about moving the field and he said he's happy with where it's at! I'm really impressed and what the parents told me about him and the ladies. Go see them play. It was lot's of fun. 

That right there makes me very happy!

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Here’s the play Mo Green described above.  

Looks as if the bunt with two outs completely caught IW’s SS and 3B by surprise.  Catcher should have just held the ball cause SS wasn’t going to get there to catch her throw, especially not in time to make a tag.

Made one bad thing into two.  And a great hustle play by Clark.

Rick

On 3/9/2020 at 7:13 PM, Mo Green said:

Never seen this before, 6th inning two out & two strikes on batter with Katie Clark on second! Coach Delong calls for a bunt (?) the batter squares up and the pitch is well outside the plate...Katie steals third since the coach is calling for a sacrifice, right. Catcher under throws the ball to third so it goes out to left field. Katie scores!

When we  they finally get the third out Coach Delong comes back he's laughing his head off since he lost count and screwed up the CALL but it worked. He had to hide his face in his hat since he was laughing so much at what he did. Good man! we all had a good laugh.

The sad thing is that UIW's SB field was really impressive compared to utsa's dump. It's all syn. OF & IF. utsa's seating made you think that you were in the center seat and an airplane. You had to go outside of the field to use the head.

I was told that our team really has a problem with slow pitching ( that's pretty obvious Saturday and early today. Final UNT 11 them 4 (really only two ER's).

They are going to redo the SB dugout's (sink them) and enlarge the stands for Coach Delong. He's really happy at UNT he told me prior to the game. So, we can have bigger events at UNT (conf.tournament's ). And... a new scoreboard Too. They asked him about moving the field and he said he's happy with where it's at! I'm really impressed and what the parents told me about him and the ladies. Go see them play. It was lot's of fun. 

He told me before the season that he likes where the field is because the sun is not in the players faces but the fans😂

Our facility will definitely be the best when they finish the renovations

• Upvote 1