MGSB vs utSA 3-6-20

We had as many as utsa had in the stands. The interesting thing is that UNT crowd was much more vocal than the flightless birds.

The ladies after we scored in the dugout said North and the crowd said TX. My friends ,after a rr hr said ut and their crowd juast looked at him and said nothing. So, I tried to help them and told them to say UT which one? My friends never said another word!!!

rr= road runner or kill.

Edited by Mo Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mo Green said:

We had as many as utsa had in the stands. The interesting thing is that UNT crowd was much more vocal than the flightless birds.

The ladies after we scored in the dugout said North and the crowd said TX. My friends ,after a rr hr said ut and their crowd juast looked at him and said nothing. So, I tried to help them and told them to say UT which one? My friends never said another word!!!

rr= road runner or kill.

That’s sad when the opposing team outnumbers the home crowd😂 this program is on the rise!

• Upvote 1

1-5 runners.

Tindal came in to relieve Thompson, faced a bases loaded no out jam and gets adouble play ball givingbup no runs,...but then gets the ground ball she needed to hold them to 4-1 but an error on shortstop gives up a run and continued the inning.

Two unearned runs.  Errors and walks are killing us right now.

Rick

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Run rule 1-9. That’s a bad loss.

Getting only two hits against a pitcher that started the week with a 7.26 ERA ain’t good.

Rick

I don't know very much about softball or baseball because I have never liked the sports. I am trying to get into it and learn about it because I am a Mean Green sports fan. So, I have a question. Was Coach DeLong just trying things today because maybe this game doesn't matter as much or did we just really get beat by a bad team? I am asking because I don't understand how we beat two teams ranked in the top 10 at the time we played them and go toe to toe with another and then get run ruled by UTSA. Like I said, I don't know much about the sport, but I am sure we are a lot better than UTSA. Also, will this hurt our ranking?

2 hours ago, Venson said:

I don't know very much about softball or baseball because I have never liked the sports. I am trying to get into it and learn about it because I am a Mean Green sports fan. So, I have a question. Was Coach DeLong just trying things today because maybe this game doesn't matter as much or did we just really get beat by a bad team? I am asking because I don't understand how we beat two teams ranked in the top 10 at the time we played them and go toe to toe with another and then get run ruled by UTSA. Like I said, I don't know much about the sport, but I am sure we are a lot better than UTSA. Also, will this hurt our ranking?

We can’t pitch our # 1 arm every game.  No one does.  She pitched yesterday, struck out 10 in dominating fashion and only gave up 2 runs and our bats came alive.

Today coach rolled with our freshman who he is trying to develope but we just didn’t hit the ball despite facing a weaker pitcher.  That’s just how baseball/softball goes sometimes. Any given day any pitcher can baffle a team.  

Against ULL,, Texas & OU our pitchers and bats showed up strong.  We just have to learn to do it consistently.

Rick

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

We can’t pitch our # 1 arm every game.  No one does.  She pitched yesterday, struck out 10 in dominating fashion and only gave up 2 runs and our bats came alive.

Today coach rolled with our freshman who he is trying to develope but we just didn’t hit the ball despite facing a weaker pitcher.  That’s just how baseball/softball goes sometimes. Any given day any pitcher can baffle a team.  

Against ULL,, Texas & OU our pitchers and bats showed up strong.  We just have to learn to do it consistently.

Rick

Thank you. Thanks for the lesson as well.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Venson said:

Rick

• Confused 1