UNT adds Home and Home with Missouri

Jonnyeagle

While I'm glad we have a home and home with Missouri, I will be an old man by the time that game gets played. We need a series like this being played within the next 5 years. Some on here will say I'm being negative. Someone might even post a gif of a hand throwing away a wrinkled dollar bill. That's fine. Everyone gets an opinion. I just feel like we need a legit P5 home and home within the next few seasons.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 4
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 4

Sounds great, but I do have questions:

1.  Does anyone have a scouting report on DFW area second graders? If so, which ones are polished enough to start on day one as freshman during the 2030 season?!

2.  Will we have the budget to both buy out Littrell AND afford our new AI coaching staff in time for the 2030 season?

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, drex said:

I am shopping for sources to paint my wheelchair mean green for the 2030 game...I will probably need it by then.

I'm going to have my wife and kids bring my ashes to all future games by then!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Look, do you want to play P5 schools or not? If yes, then you need to schedule the games! As this article from last Aug points out, it's not unusual for games to be scheduled 15 years in advance. 

"Texas has home-and-home matchups scheduled with Georgia in 2028 and ’29, Florida in 2030 and ’31 and Arizona State in 2032 and ’33. UCLA hosts Wisconsin in 2029 with a return leg in 2030. Oklahoma and Clemson recently announced a home and home for 2035 and ’36 — so far out that a senior in the second of those games will enter kindergarten this fall. When Alabama and Wisconsin announced a home-and-home last week for 2024 and ’25, it felt not excessive but pragmatic." 

And - 

"“I think what happens is, everybody is ready to walk down the aisle and they don’t want to get down the aisle and not have a bride to kiss,” Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne said. “And so that’s the challenge that you have is, sometimes if you don’t schedule far enough out, you literally can not have an opponent to play.” 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Look, do you want to play P5 schools or not? If yes, then you need to schedule the games! As this article from last Aug points out, it's not unusual for games to be scheduled 15 years in advance. 

"Texas has home-and-home matchups scheduled with Georgia in 2028 and ’29, Florida in 2030 and ’31 and Arizona State in 2032 and ’33. UCLA hosts Wisconsin in 2029 with a return leg in 2030. Oklahoma and Clemson recently announced a home and home for 2035 and ’36 — so far out that a senior in the second of those games will enter kindergarten this fall. When Alabama and Wisconsin announced a home-and-home last week for 2024 and ’25, it felt not excessive but pragmatic." 

And - 

"“I think what happens is, everybody is ready to walk down the aisle and they don’t want to get down the aisle and not have a bride to kiss,” Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne said. “And so that’s the challenge that you have is, sometimes if you don’t schedule far enough out, you literally can not have an opponent to play.” 

have fun GIF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Scheduling big name opponents is like the best time to plant a tree—20 years ago.  But I also understand the sentiment of those of us that have been watching NT football and basketball for close to 50 years.  We want to be present for big games.  Present meaning actually in the stadium.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1