Pre-Game Meetup

BigWillie

5 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Possible...

I can't really think of a reason why but maybe they're not. If so, then I'll stand corrected...

The conference wants schools to sell tickets to the conference tournament not to their school's games.

I love college basketball but I can not see myself going to 4 days of CUSA basketball and not watching my school.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, MrAlien said:

so is Cane Rosso going to be the official pregame spot for all the games or just on Wednesday?

Yes, this is my question too. I definitely want to support the Alumni Association,  but I am at work tomorrow during that time. I was hoping the meetup would be before the game on Thursday. 

So, if that's not the case, let's circle back around to my original question. Where do we want to have the unofficial meetup before the game?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

The conference wants schools to sell tickets to the conference tournament not to their school's games.

I love college basketball but I can not see myself going to 4 days of CUSA basketball and not watching my school.

Completely agree. I would also hate to sit and watch another team knowing we are out. Just rubbing salt in the wound.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Noon:30? On a Wednesday?

If this scheduling isn't UNT Alumni Association, I don't know what is.  Did they want people to attend?

The UNT women’s game is tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. Seems like a logical venue and time for a pregame meetup.

What did the UNTAA do wrong here?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

The UNT women’s game is tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. Seems like a logical venue and time for a pregame meetup.

Ahh, yes, I guess I should pay attention to the entire graphic. This is the pregame for the Women's game.

Maybe they will do another one for the Men's game Thursday too. @UNT 90 Grad , any inside info?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Noon:30? On a Wednesday?

If this scheduling isn't UNT Alumni Association, I don't know what is.  Did they want people to attend?

Considering the women play at 2pm, this makes perfect sense.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Considering the women play at 2pm, this makes perfect sense.

19 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

Not getting into whether a Men's or Women's game is more important, i'm avoiding that 2020 social bomb... But wouldn't it be logical to assume the majority of the fans will be attending the Men's game on Thursday evening and that many local fans are at the office on Wednesday at or around lunch?  Wouldn't we want to serve the majority of our fans with an Alumni Association event?  I also assume this doubles as marketing for the Alumni Association, which would possibly catch more non-members for the evening Men's game.

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Not getting into whether a Men's or Women's game is more important, i'm avoiding that 2020 social bomb... But wouldn't it be logical to assume the majority of the fans will be attending the Men's game on Thursday evening and that many local fans are at the office on Wednesday at or around lunch?  Wouldn't we want to serve the majority of our fans with an Alumni Association event?  I also assume this doubles as marketing for the Alumni Association, which would possibly catch more non-members for the evening Men's game.

I’m assuming they’re promoting the pre game events for the women’s and men’s games sequentially and separately, but who knows? Cane Rosso is supposed to be the UNTAA pre game spot before each.

May not end up mattering with the recent statement from the NCAA. Looks like tournaments are headed in the no fans direction.

7 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

I’m assuming they’re promoting the pre game events for the women’s and men’s games sequentially and separately, but who knows? Cane Rosso is supposed to be the UNTAA pre game spot before each.

May not end up mattering with the recent statement from the NCAA. Looks like tournaments are headed in the no fans direction.

I am not familiar with Cane Rosso.  Could they support a watch party?

Bet this decision pisses off those that have paid for tickets, made travel arrangements and lodging. I bet the conference would refund the tickets, but not sure about the others.