CUSA Tournament

RiseUNT

Since our regular season is done we can start talking about the tourney.

Looks like FAU is locked at 9. ODU, Marshall, and UAB will be fighting for seeding.

Any of those 4 teams looking like trouble for us?

Also we got best case scenario. No Texas teams in the quarterfinals and no La Tech/ WKU in semifinals.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Since our regular season is done we can start talking about the tourney.

Looks like FAU is locked at 9. ODU, Marshall, and UAB will be fighting for seeding.

Any of those 4 teams looking like trouble for us?

Also we got best case scenario. No Texas teams in the quarterfinals and no La Tech/ WKU in semifinals.

With this conference...we can't take anyone for granted. I think they are all potential trouble for us.

I'm going to guess 98% of the crowd will be UNT and La Tech fans? Anyone else travel well?

The tourney has to be happy that UNT is the #1 seed....I would think it will boost attendance

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

With this conference...we can't take anyone for granted. I think they are all potential trouble for us.

I'm going to guess 98% of the crowd will be UNT and La Tech fans? Anyone else travel well?

The tourney has to be happy that UNT is the #1 seed....I would think it will boost attendance

WKU is a big time program with big time fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

5 minutes ago, wardly said:

I don't see much separation between UNT ,WK, and La. Tech.

Exactly why I don't want to see them until finals.

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Good point....

Fitting that the top 3 teams will have the most fans.

This is gonna be fun.

Now let's hope for zero upsets.

• Upvote 1

I think there is a big gap at the top UNT, WKU, & LT between rest of field. Anyone can win it though, March is crazy & unpredictable. UTSA & Rice scare me because of their fast pace & ability to get hot from 3. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

I think there is a big gap at the top UNT, WKU, & LT between rest of field. Anyone can win it though, March is crazy & unpredictable. UTSA & Rice scare me because of their fast pace & ability to get hot from 3. 

We won't play them unless they upset WKU or LA Tech.

2 hours ago, TheNewEra said:

UTSA just lost by 20 to ODU. When they shoot good, they lose. When they shoot bad, they lose bad

I called the NT ticket office today (th).  The lady that answered said they would not know the date/time of the first game until Sunday, with information available Monday.  Is anybody willing to guess when our first game is ?  I want to go but I'd like to have a guess as to when.

26 minutes ago, kj86 said:

Agreed.  They had a decent showing at the Pit a few weeks back.

I'll always be of the (biased) opinion that when UTEP is doing well, it makes our conference better.  More-so than when most other teams do well.

Their history within the game going back to the late 1960s, carries a ton of weight with the media mouths.  And, IMO, it should.

Obviously, because of that history the Miners have a strong bball following across Texas and beyond.  Our fans show up.

• Upvote 1

I really like the Miners when we aren’t playing them. Living in New Mexico I loved those Awesome basketball battles between the Miners Lobos and Aggies. Solid rivalries!

GMG

• Ray 1

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

I called the NT ticket office today (th).  The lady that answered said they would not know the date/time of the first game until Sunday, with information available Monday.  Is anybody willing to guess when our first game is ?  I want to go but I'd like to have a guess as to when.

Hopefully, they're all in prime time.

5 hours ago, greenjoe said:

According to what someone posted in another thread, this looks like the bracket with seeding. 

12-team-seeded-tourney-bracket.gif

Then according to this bracket, that would put our game at 6pm.

http://conferenceusa.com/sports/2019/8/29/2020-CUSA-Basketball-Championships.aspx

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, greenjoe said:

assume would be 6pm Thursday according to bracket: http://conferenceusa.com/sports/2019/8/29/2020-CUSA-Basketball-Championships.aspx#bracket-anchor

• Thanks 1