Frisco Ticket Question

1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

So we're making plans for Frisco.....I don't think we'll be able to make the quarterfinal game so my question is.....is it difficult to get tickets to the semis after the quarters are over? And same for the finals?

I doubt it’ll be sold out 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

I still think they want people’s to buy tickets Thru UNT even if they don’t get to every game or attend at all.  That helps them pay the bills.

that's my plan...just trying to time it.

I should be able to go online and get them right? Love the purchase and download on the phone option for home games. I wonder if we can have that option for the tourney

• Upvote 2

I’ll be buying individual as well because if we make it through to the final I won’t be able to make the semifinal games as the men’s teams play on Friday at 1:30 and 3:00 I believe and I was unable to get the afternoon off work. But I’ll be there Thursday night and if we make it Saturday as well

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 1

I called the ticket office....I wouldn't say she sounded 100% confident but this is what I was told....

After the quarters, you should be able to call the ticket office and buy tickets to the semis....same after semis for finals. I asked if the tickets would be available via mobile and she said she believed so.

That's all I got

• Upvote 4

Couple of questions:

Whats the parking situation like at the Star, do we need to purchase a parking pass in advance? 

Are there seating upgrades (I only see general admission), who do I contact for preferred seats or VIP?

Most importantly, where is the pregame party at?  I'm assuming there are sports bars near by..

• Upvote 1

We bought individual tickets prior to each game last year (not at the gate, but online on the tournament website beforehand at some point) and never had an issue. I honestly can't remember if they had individual game tickets available through the MG Sports website last year or not (they very well could have) because obviously we would rather buy via that route. I only remember looking early on and seeing the whole tournament package ticket prices - we didn't want to get those just due to not knowing our schedules and which games we'd be able to make.

@MrAlien Parking has never really been an issue, but I am familiar with the area and know where to go.  The big lot across the street from the garage (west side of garage) typically has plenty of spots available.  If not, you can always valet with one of the restaurants by the garage and just have to walk across the street to the entrance to the Star.  It has never been an issue for us.

Fingers crossed they have fixed the scoreboards being so low and obstructed (didn't seem to notice it as much last year vs. the year before), but hoping to see a good crowd at our games like we had last year!

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MrAlien said:

Couple of questions:

Whats the parking situation like at the Star, do we need to purchase a parking pass in advance? 

Are there seating upgrades (I only see general admission), who do I contact for preferred seats or VIP?

Most importantly, where is the pregame party at?  I'm assuming there are sports bars near by..

Free and plenty of parking.

If you have to ask about VIP you aren't VIP. Gotta sit with us peasants.

Pregame? God I miss the days of freedom from the kids.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

We should completely maximize this opportunity in regard to pre-parties and post parties. There are several establishments in the vicinity that would be fun to host some parties at!

There is also great options at legacy to host a pre-party pep rally the night before or during the tournament! scruffie mcduffies comes to mind.  Let’s do what North Dakota state does when they come down and take over the bars in Frisco leading up to their game! Could be great prep for a future Frisco bowl appearance.

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

One more idea is to arrange a pre-tournament pub crawl. FC Dallas did this one year and it was a great time with the mascot, drum corps and cheerleaders leading the walk from pub to pub over four hour period. Four different pubs,  UNT fan drop in each pub with UNT drink specials at each place, DJs at each stop. It was a blast!

GMG

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NM Green said:

One more idea is to arrange a pre-tournament pub crawl. FC Dallas did this one year and it was a great time with the mascot, drum corps and cheerleaders leading the walk from pub to pub over four hour period. Four different pubs,  UNT fan drop in each pub with UNT drink specials at each place, DJs at each stop. It was a blast!

GMG

Well get to work. Got one week to pull something together.

• Haha 3

On 3/5/2020 at 8:43 AM, TheColonyEagle said:

I called the ticket office....I wouldn't say she sounded 100% confident but this is what I was told....

After the quarters, you should be able to call the ticket office and buy tickets to the semis....same after semis for finals. I asked if the tickets would be available via mobile and she said she believed so.

That's all I got

It's 2020 and your team is seeded #1 in the tournament that is hosted 30 miles from your office and this is the best answer they can give to this question.  You should either know the answer or be able to state that you've requested it and are waiting for a response.

• Eye Roll 1