Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
TheColonyEagle

CUSA Tourney Bracket

Recommended Posts

So with the #1 seed and 1st round bye locked in....we start in the quarterfinals on Thursday 3/12.

Current Standings:

image.png.79d0f8eceef4564373a8de0f6d69f23a.png

(Side note...looks like our game vs Charlotte could be big for them...playing for a bye?)

After the first round plays on Wed (3/11) do we then get the lowest seeded first round winner?

If the season ended today the first round would be

FIU vs UTEP

Marshall vs Rice

ODU vs UTSA

FAU vs UAB

right?

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not crazy about the long wait. between our last game of the season and first game of the tourney.

I know rest is good but we're fairly healthy and haven't fared well coming off long breaks.

Quirk in the schedule has us off on Saturday the 7th...wouldn't mind actually playing that day but it is what it is.

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Not crazy about the long wait. between our last game of the season and first game of the tourney.

I know rest is good but we're fairly healthy and haven't fared well coming off long breaks.

Quirk in the schedule has us off on Saturday the 7th...wouldn't mind actually playing that day but it is what it is.

 

Agree with your concern, but "winners" suck it up and find ways to win.  And we are WINNERS!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Not crazy about the long wait. between our last game of the season and first game of the tourney.

I know rest is good but we're fairly healthy and haven't fared well coming off long breaks.

Quirk in the schedule has us off on Saturday the 7th...wouldn't mind actually playing that day but it is what it is.

 

This is why I hope we play the starters a little against Charlotte.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

After the first round plays on Wed (3/11) do we then get the lowest seeded first round winner?

Unless it changed and I’m not aware, the 1 seed gets the winner of the 8/9 matchup, regardless of whether or not any seeds lower than 9 make it to the round of 8.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

question?  can we play a scrimmage game on the 7th?  or that against the NCAA rules?

I was thinking that😂 maybe we could go play a pick up game at the rec center

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part is that we won't have to play BOTH La Tech and WK.

Don't care how the rest of it lays out.

I would like to know the times of the games.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UNT86 said:

The best part is that we won't have to play BOTH La Tech and WK.

Don't care how the rest of it lays out.

I would like to know the times of the games.

 

I can see WKU losing in the quarters because of their depth. I would be surprised if we see them in the championship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I can see WKU losing in the quarters because of their depth. I would be surprised if we see them in the championship 

3 games in 3 days with essentially 6 guys is gonna be really tough for them, as talented as they are.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I wish they'd put the seed numbers with the bracket so you could draw out how everything could go.

http://conferenceusa.com/documents/2019/9/9//bkbch20_brackets.pdf?id=13680

I would think they'll utilize this bracket:
12-team-seeded-tourney-bracket.gif

 

 

If so, and current seeding holds, I love our chances against either UAB/FAU in the quarterfinals, and I like FIU in the Semis, but I DON'T like the thought of playing a hot, confident, Rice team if they happen to get by both Charlotte & FIU.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I can see WKU losing in the quarters because of their depth. I would be surprised if we see them in the championship 

If we face WKU, I want it to be in the finals.

If we face LT, the earlier the better.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vcu74 said:

Hey all,

just dropping by to say Congrats on taking the conference and good luck in the tournament!

We haven’t forgotten, cheers!🍻 🙂

https://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/threads/the-official-beat-the-university-of-north-texas-mean-green-eagles-thread.18328/post-954484

Holy moly a NT thread made it past 30 pages on another opponent's board.

EDIT: Rammad will downplay this by reminding everyone this is a down year for CUSA.

Edited by greenminer
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If we face WKU, I want it to be in the finals.

If we face LT, the earlier the better.

We will face only one of them. They will have to play in semis if they make it that far.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MCMLXXX said:

We will face only one of them. They will have to play in semis if they make it that far.

I want LT because they are the only one that’ll make it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

We will face only one of them. They will have to play in semis if they make it that far.

Mathematically, Charlotte can still pass LT for the 3 seed and bump LT to the 4.  Very unlikely, though.  That would actually pretty freaking wild, actually.  LT losing two in a row, in addition to Charlotte winning both of theirs (including one against us).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, greenminer said:

Mathematically, Charlotte can still pass LT for the 3 seed and bump LT to the 4.  Very unlikely, though.  That would actually pretty freaking wild, actually.  LT losing two in a row, in addition to Charlotte winning both of theirs (including one against us).

I don’t want to play LT then WKU 😂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated Standings:

 

image.png.a3b787832506fb5127433ab426ac0b74.png

The last week's schedule

image.png.ca65704d5b612e8acef50b847ec917e1.png

 

Looks like there could be some seeding battles this weekend....

Marshall or ODU could find themselves with a bye? (not sure where the tie breaks are)

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Updated Standings:

 

image.png.a3b787832506fb5127433ab426ac0b74.png

The last week's schedule

image.png.ca65704d5b612e8acef50b847ec917e1.png

 

Looks like there could be some seeding battles this weekend....

Marshall or ODU could find themselves with a bye? (not sure where the tie breaks are)

Only pod 1 gets chance at bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.