CUSA Tourney Bracket

So with the #1 seed and 1st round bye locked in....we start in the quarterfinals on Thursday 3/12.

Current Standings:

image.png.79d0f8eceef4564373a8de0f6d69f23a.png

(Side note...looks like our game vs Charlotte could be big for them...playing for a bye?)

After the first round plays on Wed (3/11) do we then get the lowest seeded first round winner?

If the season ended today the first round would be

FIU vs UTEP

Marshall vs Rice

ODU vs UTSA

FAU vs UAB

right?

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 3

Not crazy about the long wait. between our last game of the season and first game of the tourney.

I know rest is good but we're fairly healthy and haven't fared well coming off long breaks.

Quirk in the schedule has us off on Saturday the 7th...wouldn't mind actually playing that day but it is what it is.

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Not crazy about the long wait. between our last game of the season and first game of the tourney.

I know rest is good but we're fairly healthy and haven't fared well coming off long breaks.

Quirk in the schedule has us off on Saturday the 7th...wouldn't mind actually playing that day but it is what it is.

Agree with your concern, but "winners" suck it up and find ways to win.  And we are WINNERS!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

This is why I hope we play the starters a little against Charlotte.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

After the first round plays on Wed (3/11) do we then get the lowest seeded first round winner?

Unless it changed and I’m not aware, the 1 seed gets the winner of the 8/9 matchup, regardless of whether or not any seeds lower than 9 make it to the round of 8.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, UNT86 said:

The best part is that we won't have to play BOTH La Tech and WK.

Don't care how the rest of it lays out.

I would like to know the times of the games.

I can see WKU losing in the quarters because of their depth. I would be surprised if we see them in the championship 

20 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I can see WKU losing in the quarters because of their depth. I would be surprised if we see them in the championship 

3 games in 3 days with essentially 6 guys is gonna be really tough for them, as talented as they are.

Edited by Green Lantern
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I wish they'd put the seed numbers with the bracket so you could draw out how everything could go.

http://conferenceusa.com/documents/2019/9/9//bkbch20_brackets.pdf?id=13680

I would think they'll utilize this bracket:
12-team-seeded-tourney-bracket.gif

If so, and current seeding holds, I love our chances against either UAB/FAU in the quarterfinals, and I like FIU in the Semis, but I DON'T like the thought of playing a hot, confident, Rice team if they happen to get by both Charlotte & FIU.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vcu74 said:

Hey all,

just dropping by to say Congrats on taking the conference and good luck in the tournament!

We haven’t forgotten, cheers!🍻 🙂

https://www.vcuramnation.com/forums/threads/the-official-beat-the-university-of-north-texas-mean-green-eagles-thread.18328/post-954484

Holy moly a NT thread made it past 30 pages on another opponent's board.

EDIT: Rammad will downplay this by reminding everyone this is a down year for CUSA.

Edited by greenminer
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

We will face only one of them. They will have to play in semis if they make it that far.

Mathematically, Charlotte can still pass LT for the 3 seed and bump LT to the 4.  Very unlikely, though.  That would actually pretty freaking wild, actually.  LT losing two in a row, in addition to Charlotte winning both of theirs (including one against us).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

Mathematically, Charlotte can still pass LT for the 3 seed and bump LT to the 4.  Very unlikely, though.  That would actually pretty freaking wild, actually.  LT losing two in a row, in addition to Charlotte winning both of theirs (including one against us).

I don’t want to play LT then WKU 😂

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Updated Standings:

image.png.a3b787832506fb5127433ab426ac0b74.png

The last week's schedule

image.png.ca65704d5b612e8acef50b847ec917e1.png

Looks like there could be some seeding battles this weekend....

Marshall or ODU could find themselves with a bye? (not sure where the tie breaks are)

Only pod 1 gets chance at bye.