Charlotte (3/4/20)

CMJ

1 minute ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I don't know if it's my internet but there's a "chop" every 5 seconds...I've noticed it before when I try to watch it on facebook...not so much on ESPN+

Makes it unwatchable

I've had to refresh a couple times now in the 2nd half. Didn't have a problem in the 1st

my main takeaway tonight is tempered by the fact that this game was pretty much low stakes for us.

But my concern going into postseason play is that Hamlet is carrying a lot of the offensive load and not just with scoring. He sets up our offense, averages the most assists on the team, etc.

As long as we have Hamlet, we're a well-oiled machine. But I was really hoping for Gibson, Simmons, or Bell to step up a little more today on offense to set the tone for the CUSA tournament.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Andrew said:

He hasn’t had a lot of minutes lately so he like smart is cold. 

Draper is 2-13 from deep over his last 6 games. Playing time isn’t the issue. He just isn’t hitting his shots. Same for Smart. He’s been a sub 30% shooter from three for two straight seasons. This isn’t a playing time issue.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BillySee58 said:

Draper is 2-13 from deep over his last 6 games. Playing time isn’t the issue. He just isn’t hitting his shots. Same for Smart. He’s been a sub 30% shooter from three for two straight seasons. This isn’t a playing time issue.

If you believe so...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If you believe so...

What do you believe? That Rose is about to snap out of his two-year-long funk as soon as he gets more minutes? Or that Draper needs more volume to get in a rhythm? He had six looks tonight. Opportunity is there for both of them. They aren’t going to get starter minutes because they shouldn’t.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

What do you believe? That Rose is about to snap out of his two-year-long funk as soon as he gets more minutes? Or that Draper needs more volume to get in a rhythm? He had six looks tonight. Opportunity is there for both of them. They aren’t going to get starter minutes because they shouldn’t.

6 amazing looks

• Upvote 2

I don't believe the game was as unimportant as some.   Every game effects NT's national ranking, a loss to Charlotte will lower that rating and could cost in a national tournament.  

Despite that, I just don't know what NT's offense was trying to do.   Had the tallest player in the game playing around the 3 circle and getting him the ball, only to make another long pass.  At least three times he throw the ball away.   

NT beat this team by going inside in the first game, and this time they didn't even try to go inside until they got behind by double digits.  

Very poor coaching by a very good coach.   Was he trying to make them play bad to send them a message?  Sound far fetched but why did he abandon what worked in the first game.

What McCasland accomplished was giving every team in the league a belief that they can beat NT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1