Charlotte (3/4/20)

CMJ

6 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I'd like to see 15-20 minutes each for Smart, J. Simmons and Draper...we're likely going to be mostly a 6 man rotation in the conference tournament/beyond, but it'd be nice for those three to have some good game minutes and maybe confidence if needed. 

also maybe design a few added minutes of Gibson on the ball...the offense tends to sleep without Hamlet and Mo just hangs out on the perimeter when he's in as the 2. Gibson isn't the play-maker and facilitator Hamlet is at the 1, but he's so quick and can get to and finish at the cup. could probably get away with a small line for a few minutes with Mo as a selfish 1, Bell and Jamiah attacking the rim and Smart and DJ spotting up for kick outs. 

Agree except for J. Simmons. His minutes are only if the other 3 bigs get into foul trouble.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, greenminer said:

I think you have a point, but I was pretty uneasy watching Mo being primary ball handler the few times it happened on Sunday.  He seems little bit "sloppy" (for lack of a better term) with the ball and even lost it once or twice to WKU, thanks to some of their quick hands.

oh I know...that's why I want to see him given some run at the 1 in this semi-meaningless game...he's going to be the back-up point so maybe build a bit of confidence there b/c Hamlet isn't going to go 40 a night throughout the tournament

• Upvote 2

On 3/3/2020 at 11:16 AM, TheNewEra said:

No reason to even consider us as a Bubble/At-Large. Agreed winning these 5 straight could improve our NCAA seeding to 10/11/12. Even if we beat Charlotte then lose in the CUSA Championship we might be semi mentioned in last 4 four in but I doubt it. CUSA down year aside from WKU/LA & we have no quality wins. If we could've pulled off VCU, Utah State, RI, & or OU we might've been a legit bubble team.

I don't think anything we do will effect any possible seeding for us. They already have us spotted based on us winning four straight and winning the conference tournament. I guess a loss tonight might hurt a little but probably doesn't move the needle any. The only thing that will effect any seeding for us will be if other teams upset their way in and we move up.

5 minutes ago, Shark84 said:

I don't think anything we do will effect any possible seeding for us. They already have us spotted based on us winning four straight and winning the conference tournament. I guess a loss tonight might hurt a little but probably doesn't move the needle any. The only thing that will effect any seeding for us will be if other teams upset their way in and we move up.

If we can win out, we have a very good chance on being a 12

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Going to miss the game tonight due to being on a flight.  I'll watch the gamecast on ESPN, but I'll miss the live action.

Play Spider Jackson🕷️ more tonight.  He gets so low when defending, it cracks me up every time! 

Hope that Draper and Mo Buckets can get some practice shooting threes against a solid three point defense from Charlotte.  We need to see solid production from both in the C-USA Tourney and hopefully in March Madness.  

I've almost bought Sacramento tickets on Southwest a few times since last Sunday.  A lot of guestimate brackets have us playing there in first round.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

It’s quiet in here...

MATCHING TEAM'S INTENSITY.

From what I've seen, hard to find broadcast with a lot of ads and programs trying to take over.  Is this due to Charlotte, have not had this problem before?

Team lucky to be this close, need to wake up the second half. 

1 minute ago, eeeeagle said:

Everyone's sort of checked out it seems. Even Grant is taking his foot off the pedal a little bit. I'd really like to see Mo take control and gain some confidence going into the conference tourney as our 2nd scoring option

He said on the pre game show he wasn’t taking the foot off and they are coming to play to win. He plans to win and not rest guys. Also he said Wise tore a tendon and is out for the season it seems. 

• Upvote 2