Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
Harry

WKU fans discuss the UNT pod

Recommended Posts

Quote

I thought we made a solid adjustment. Josh Anderson has to guard our freshman’s man the whole 2nd half. Rawls has really been struggling the past four games. I think we may miss more layups than any team in America but we also were getting hammered all game without whistles. Williams was getting hacked nearly every time he touched the ball. The mean green bodied us (FOULS) every time we went to the rim. We missed plenty of FT’s but the refs just did not want to make obvious foul calls. I felt the game was very poorly officiated by a crew that affected the game by simply not blowing whistles when fouls were being committed. Hollingsworth even fouled badly by the big man on a three ball. Then Hollingsworth fouled Hamlet knocking him out of bounds and they don’t call it on Tay. They called a foul on Josh and he went straight up holding rule of verticality and give Hamlet two FT’s in OT! Just so many purposeful swallowed whistles that I lost count.

link:  https://247sports.com/college/western-kentucky/board/104580/Contents/wku-vs-north-texas-144436058/?page=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with them on the officiating.  I hate it when there is a big game and suddenly the game is called differently than every other game.  They are trying not to impact the game, but when they won't call ANYTHING it does impact the game. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WKU shoots more FT's by far than everyone else in the league.  When a team always gets calls, I tend to not think it is the refs, but their style of play that force the refs to blow the whistle.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want hear it. They sent WKU to the line with 5 seconds left with a chance to win the game....what else could you ask for?! 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CMJ said:

WKU shoots more FT's by far than everyone else in the league.  When a team always gets calls, I tend to not think it is the refs, but their style of play that force the refs to blow the whistle.

This. For their fans to whine about the officiating is comical at best. They’re just pissed they had to travel to Denton. Probably had to plug the Super Pit into their phones to find our arena. Screw em. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I don’t want hear it. They sent WKU to the line with 5 seconds left with a chance to win the game....what else could you ask for?! 

Yep. Screw their complaining. The refs left it there for them.

They swallowed whistles against all the restricted area fouls WKU was giving us the entire game. That wasn't the part that bothered me. They did it for both sides EXCEPT when the game was on the line and the obvious foul against hamlet out of bounds.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought a huge strategical shift happened when Draper began covering #11. He did a great job WITHOUT fouling. I don’t think #11 scored when Draper was on him?  I assumed he’d be a liability, but I was gladly proven wrong. We did foul with 5 secs left, but OT was a different story. Great game! 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like NT took better advantage of the cards that were dealt. Physical game wore down WK. Hard to shoot straight at the end when you’re worn out. I love it!
 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Felozano said:

I thought a huge strategical shift happened when Draper began covering #11. He did a great job WITHOUT fouling. I don’t think #11 scored when Draper was on him?  I assumed he’d be a liability, but I was gladly proven wrong. We did foul with 5 secs left, but OT was a different story. Great game! 

Draper is probably NT's best defensive player despite what the announcers think.   Sure he is short and overmatched frequently but the guy is relentless. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

i think the booing was so loud during the hollingsworth FT's that it legit raddled him

That was for sure the loudest i've heard the Pit when the other team was shooting FTs in a WHILE

  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Harry said:

LOLLLLL He really just said Anderson went straight up. More like straight down with his hands up like he's innocent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Draper is probably NT's best defensive player despite what the announcers think.   Sure he is short and overmatched frequently but the guy is relentless. 

Draper did a nice job when he was in there, but we have better defenders.  Despite not hitting a three, his presence was felt today. Love this team, man. GMG!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

i think the booing was so loud during the hollingsworth FT's that it legit raddled him

This right here. I have been to a decent amount of games and that was one of the loudest moments I can remember. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

This right here. I have been to a decent amount of games and that was one of the loudest moments I can remember. 

I hope you weren’t sitting next to the crazy screaming girl that we heard on tv. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I don’t want hear it. They sent WKU to the line with 5 seconds left with a chance to win the game....what else could you ask for?! 

Two missed free throws cost them the game. We took advantage. Go Mean Green!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, greeneagle1 said:

Two missed free throws cost them the game. We took advantage. Go Mean Green!

I really want to hear how loud we were during those free throws. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Big Z said:

I hope you weren’t sitting next to the crazy screaming girl that we heard on tv. Lol

She was on the floor seats right next to the commentator, I sat in the first row of seats right above her... she went OFF on the ref! It was great! Hell I have almost no voice today from yelling at the refs

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.