WKU fans discuss the UNT pod

Harry

I thought we made a solid adjustment. Josh Anderson has to guard our freshman’s man the whole 2nd half. Rawls has really been struggling the past four games. I think we may miss more layups than any team in America but we also were getting hammered all game without whistles. Williams was getting hacked nearly every time he touched the ball. The mean green bodied us (FOULS) every time we went to the rim. We missed plenty of FT’s but the refs just did not want to make obvious foul calls. I felt the game was very poorly officiated by a crew that affected the game by simply not blowing whistles when fouls were being committed. Hollingsworth even fouled badly by the big man on a three ball. Then Hollingsworth fouled Hamlet knocking him out of bounds and they don’t call it on Tay. They called a foul on Josh and he went straight up holding rule of verticality and give Hamlet two FT’s in OT! Just so many purposeful swallowed whistles that I lost count.

link:  https://247sports.com/college/western-kentucky/board/104580/Contents/wku-vs-north-texas-144436058/?page=1

I'm with them on the officiating.  I hate it when there is a big game and suddenly the game is called differently than every other game.  They are trying not to impact the game, but when they won't call ANYTHING it does impact the game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CMJ said:

WKU shoots more FT's by far than everyone else in the league.  When a team always gets calls, I tend to not think it is the refs, but their style of play that force the refs to blow the whistle.

This. For their fans to whine about the officiating is comical at best. They’re just pissed they had to travel to Denton. Probably had to plug the Super Pit into their phones to find our arena. Screw em. 

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I don’t want hear it. They sent WKU to the line with 5 seconds left with a chance to win the game....what else could you ask for?! 

Yep. Screw their complaining. The refs left it there for them.

They swallowed whistles against all the restricted area fouls WKU was giving us the entire game. That wasn't the part that bothered me. They did it for both sides EXCEPT when the game was on the line and the obvious foul against hamlet out of bounds.

• Upvote 3

I thought a huge strategical shift happened when Draper began covering #11. He did a great job WITHOUT fouling. I don’t think #11 scored when Draper was on him?  I assumed he’d be a liability, but I was gladly proven wrong. We did foul with 5 secs left, but OT was a different story. Great game! 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Felozano said:

I thought a huge strategical shift happened when Draper began covering #11. He did a great job WITHOUT fouling. I don’t think #11 scored when Draper was on him?  I assumed he’d be a liability, but I was gladly proven wrong. We did foul with 5 secs left, but OT was a different story. Great game! 

Draper is probably NT's best defensive player despite what the announcers think.   Sure he is short and overmatched frequently but the guy is relentless. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Draper is probably NT's best defensive player despite what the announcers think.   Sure he is short and overmatched frequently but the guy is relentless. 

Draper did a nice job when he was in there, but we have better defenders.  Despite not hitting a three, his presence was felt today. Love this team, man. GMG!

3 hours ago, Big Z said:

I hope you weren’t sitting next to the crazy screaming girl that we heard on tv. Lol

She was on the floor seats right next to the commentator, I sat in the first row of seats right above her... she went OFF on the ref! It was great! Hell I have almost no voice today from yelling at the refs

• Upvote 2