Mean Joe Jersey

tmjerm

all of the authentic Mean Joe jerseys I can find are autographed, which I don’t want so I can actually wear it.  Does anyone know where I can find something like this that ISNT autographed? 

Joe Greene Autographed Jersey - Mean Unt North Texas #75 Throwback - JSA Certified - Autographed NFL Jerseys https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0B45RT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NRRwEbPE9T5XQ

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, tmjerm said:

all of the authentic Mean Joe jerseys I can find are autographed, which I don’t want so I can actually wear it.  Does anyone know where I can find something like this that ISNT autographed? 

Joe Greene Autographed Jersey - Mean Unt North Texas #75 Throwback - JSA Certified - Autographed NFL Jerseys https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N0B45RT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NRRwEbPE9T5XQ

I've seen some (signed&unsigned) at sports memorabilia stores in malls around DFW. You might try calling around to see if anyone has one in stock. If they don't, I bet they have the right contacts to find one.

On 3/8/2020 at 9:31 AM, ADLER said:

Its not one of the Gridiron Legends ones but its a pretty good reproduction XL on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/JOE-GREENE-CUSTOM-NORTH-TEXAS-STATE-MEAN-GREEN-JERSEY-READ/174117267214?hash=item288a32a70e:g:OiYAAOSwveNd6Y4X

s-l1600.jpg

Has anyone pointed out yet that North Texas players in 1968 (Joe Greene's senior year) did not have their name on their jerseys?

Here is a game photo from 1968. Notice that #85 does not have his name on his jersey.

Image result for 1968 NTSU Football game photos

So anything you get representing Joe Greene's jersey with his name on the back from his playing days might be a good reproduction, but it's not "authentic".

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

//fanatics.frgimages.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_3413000/altimages/ff_3413969-606eb40120fce25cb61calt1_full.jpg&w=325

Also, can someone tell me why North Texas has not produced Caps similar

the one above, but in the "Battle Flag" color scheme?

I have wondered that myself.  Would love a cap witht he Battle Flag.

I was watching an old interview with rocky Marciano and joe and Rocky said when he got in there with him he new joe was the greatest. Is joe truly one of the goats? I’ve seen many of both there fights but they barely get any recognition, they didnt have our food, out equipment or our knowledge on the human body, this should all be taken into account imo. VidMate Momix VidMate App

Edited by alfred0809
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

11 hours ago, alfred0809 said:

I was watching an old interview with rocky Marciano and joe and Rocky said when he got in there with him he new joe was the greatest. Is joe truly one of the goats? I’ve seen many of both there fights but they barely get any recognition, they didnt have our food, out equipment or our knowledge on the human body, this should all be taken into account imo.

Image result for have another drink gif

• Ray 1

On 3/11/2020 at 10:06 AM, SilverEagle said:

Also, can someone tell me why North Texas has not produced Caps similar 

to the one above, but in the "Battle Flag" color scheme?

I recall that someone once did...

In fact, I have one in my closet.

• Upvote 1

BattleFlagCapFront.jpg.8a083c5dfd303768f67fb20efe379df3.jpgBattleFlagCapBack.jpg.b73e58e199c3c0160150988232ab58bd.jpgBattleFlagCapLabel.jpg.491626410fe5c21ef7e860c5e1f4010e.jpg

You don't remember?  Unless I'm the one with the bad memory, I swear I bought it from you sometime 2002 - 2004 in the practice field tailgate area by Fouts.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

That hat is awesome! I wish they made some now

Wow! I don't remember having those produced. It must have been one of those unofficial orders that I put in with pro-line and only a select few got to buy before it was shut down. It was such a good idea that I don't have any leftovers......or one I kept for myself. Pro-line also did some art work for a proposed cap featuring the Alumni NT-star. The pro-line rep said that the NT star was such a bad ass design that we would sell a ton of them. It got nixed by the athletic department right before I was set to say "go" to pro-line.

• Ray 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Wow! I don't remember having those produced. It must have been one of those unofficial orders that I put in with pro-line and only a select few got to buy before it was shut down. It was such a good idea that I don't have any leftovers......or one I kept for myself.

Suffice to say I'm a satisfied customer. 🙂